Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 10-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
PrimeStoleMyHusband
Generation 1
Exclamation ****** HELP NEEDED PLEASE ******

Good Evening Guys!!

I am looking for help. Wee bit of background... My husband is Transformers daft and I am always trying to surprise him with things for christmas/birthdays that are Transformers related.

The last few years I have bought him all the master pieces, hasbro figures and pretty much anything he craves and have taken him to Auto Assembly convention here at home in the UK 3 times...

We are going to be starting a family soon and would like to do a really big gesture for his 2013 birthday - I'm thinking TFcon??? I know this is going to be the most expensive surprise so far so I need time to save up....

So my question is does anyone know much TFcon will cost me - not flights etc I can look into that but things like admission etc would help as I can't ask him to help me! He is on here as a member so here is hoping he doesn't click on if he reads this?!?!?

Thanks for taking time to read this and any help you guys offer!
PrimeStoleMyHusband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: ****** HELP NEEDED PLEASE ******

All your information can be found here:

http://www.tfcon.ca/

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
PrimeStoleMyHusband
Generation 1

Thanks for your reply but I have tried to use that site and I can't find any info other than dates for 2013 and that rooms are available to book.

I was hoping for some feedback from people who have attended
Old 10-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Look here in the TFcon discussion forum. There's plenty of feedback here.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
PrimeStoleMyHusband
Generation 1

Ok thanks, sorry if I sound dumb but I'm new this and don't really know what I'm doing
Old 10-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
Nullray
IGC

Well to sum up the experience. It is a family event where people of all ages gather to have a great time. It is located in the west end of Toronto. Being it is an international trip you may want to extend your holiday and see the summer events that are offered. The TFcon itself is a three day event mainly. Friday is more of a setup and social event that allows people to mingle and see friends on the boards and meet new people. The setup of the main vending hall takes place on Friday and many trades and commradery takes place. Alot of the same people attend so it is a warm and welcome event.
On Saturday it is a day filled with everything TFcon has to offer in regards to the Transformers fandom. Panels, Autographs, Workshops, contests, Artwork and toys toys toys. The evening if you choose to stay in the hotel (recommended) is a social get together. Cant says what will happen but it is always a great time. Sometimes even a sing-a-along or shared pints over a game of footie. Anything can happen.
Sunday is another interesting day because the floor opens up to not just Transformers stuff but all mixed 80s to current fandom based collectibles. Did I mention toys? Sunday is always a great time. More panels and contests and just a great time to be had again. Sunday evening as it is all winding down a live podcast from the pub takes place. Canadian Slag at its finest. It is overall a fantastic time with always great memories in the making. I have attended TFcon since the little hockey arena in suburbia Hamilton. To see if grow and to become apart of it every year is something i always look forward to. I hope you join us in Toronto in 2013.
Cheers. See you in the pub...
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

You're the best wife I've ever read about.... that is all
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

You're an awesome wife!

Weekend pass last year was $50, I believe. So flight, hotel (3-5 nights maybe?), $50-$60 (rough estimate) pass, spending money (the dealer room is like a candy store), food money (average $30-$40 per day if he's frugal), and transportation. That last one is tricky - unless he's familiar with driving on the other side of the road it might be a bit much to rent a car. We have a good taxi system and fair bus system near the hotel, but it's nowhere near the subway.

He'll have a blast if he comes and he should take some extra days to see Toronto too if he's never been.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
You're the best wife I've ever read about.... that is all
This.

X 1,000,000

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
PrimeStoleMyHusband
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullray View Post
Well to sum up the experience. It is a family event where people of all ages gather to have a great time. It is located in the west end of Toronto. Being it is an international trip you may want to extend your holiday and see the summer events that are offered. The TFcon itself is a three day event mainly. Friday is more of a setup and social event that allows people to mingle and see friends on the boards and meet new people. The setup of the main vending hall takes place on Friday and many trades and commradery takes place. Alot of the same people attend so it is a warm and welcome event.
On Saturday it is a day filled with everything TFcon has to offer in regards to the Transformers fandom. Panels, Autographs, Workshops, contests, Artwork and toys toys toys. The evening if you choose to stay in the hotel (recommended) is a social get together. Cant says what will happen but it is always a great time. Sometimes even a sing-a-along or shared pints over a game of footie. Anything can happen.
Sunday is another interesting day because the floor opens up to not just Transformers stuff but all mixed 80s to current fandom based collectibles. Did I mention toys? Sunday is always a great time. More panels and contests and just a great time to be had again. Sunday evening as it is all winding down a live podcast from the pub takes place. Canadian Slag at its finest. It is overall a fantastic time with always great memories in the making. I have attended TFcon since the little hockey arena in suburbia Hamilton. To see if grow and to become apart of it every year is something i always look forward to. I hope you join us in Toronto in 2013.
Cheers. See you in the pub...

Hi!! Thank you so much for replying - sounds like Hubby will have a ball and I have enjoyed the UK ones I have attended with him so this sounds like a fun weekend! Would be cool to make some new friends across the pond!