Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 04-30-2007, 02:57 AM   #11
RavageX-9
Generation 2
RavageX-9's Ebay Auctions
Re: 2007 Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransformersCon View Post
The reasoning for this is that it's very difficult for the dealers to actually make deals if the noise from the panels is broadcast into the dealer room. It was actually requested by the dealers last year that this didn't happen this year.
I'm glad, at least for the fan voice acting one. Last year the variation in volume was really jarring, and by the end of the day it just really didn't help my headache. Amateurs just can't be expected to keep their volume levels average. I don't know if you can automatically do that with software or something...
Heh. How about wireless headsets for you to listen in on? Like some kind of blind-drive-in-movie-show.

I'm sure I'm some kind of rare breed, but I could have done with some psychotherapy or some kind of psychological/mental tour of how to get through the convention without going nucking futs!
Having to make decisions in the dealer room, and trying to socialize, both don't come easy to me. and mixing the two is even harder.
I ran into IronMoose at the end there and he was cool as a cucumber and I was just getting more and more frantic.
I totally lost the opportunity to socialize for the pizza party when I arrived late and then dropped my stuff off in my room. I was still wound up from being late. Never really talked to anyone at the time other than my roommate Guber.
People are like "oh there's plenty of opportunity to socialize!" but I don't find that to be true. like... waiting in line, there's just the people directly in front and behind you. in the dealer room I'm too absorbed to be able to switch gears into social mode. I'm not sure how much practice someone like me needs before I could socialize AND shop back and forth.
AND schedule things. just when I thought all the stress was over and I could relax I realized I had to pack and catch a bus.
Anyways... my 2nd "TFCon" / 5th "TF con". fun, but still not learning how to manage the stress from the dealer room properly. one of these years...

Last edited by RavageX-9; 04-30-2007 at 03:29 AM.
RavageX-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:12 AM   #12
purple-bot
Yeah, I made that.

BEST CON YET

i actually had longer in depth conversations, with people i knew from the forums

i had a good time, and got to meet lots of new people, i went with $300, made $350 more, then came home with $16

another successful con

i had a great time

as JLvatron would say...

INCROYABLE !!!! LMAO

Last edited by purple-bot; 05-02-2007 at 01:18 AM.
purple-bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:37 AM   #13
Dr. Archevil

That was my second Transformer Con. And I must say that both have been great! I've completed my 84 line and got some great vintage boxes.

Meeting Tracks/Cosmos last year was awesome.

Having a little fun with Don Murphy was equally a blast. (I'm the blonde fat dude in black that was worried the plot would involve Prime saving a central characters marriage!)

Some dude actually put me on youtube...stumbled across that a year later...what a giggle!

And then meeting Michael Bell and actually reading out a radio play with the legend! Truly an honor! Playing the role of 'Ironhide' was funky, but to actually close my eyes and listen to Mr. Bell hammer out three ghosts from the past...

Wow.

To those folks that organized these cons, (and tolerate my hell raising- ) I take my hat off to ya!

Well done!

The only problem I had was those Comic panel guests. Dudes...show a little cheer in your trade...

P.S.

Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz!

Last edited by Dr. Archevil; 04-30-2007 at 03:41 AM.
Dr. Archevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:37 AM   #14
Ondoher Prime

a humble report...

And in the end, when all is said & done, they are still just that: toys
Ondoher Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:57 AM   #15
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-astator View Post
P.S. She soooo wanted me!
Awesome, Sabrina reference!!

Dave, thanks so much for bringing your Guitar hero, it was enjoyed by so many. Your contribution was greatly appreciated for Friday Night's great success.
JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:08 AM   #16
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageX-9 View Post
People are like "oh there's plenty of opportunity to socialize!" but I don't find that to be true. like... waiting in line, there's just the people directly in front and behind you. in the dealer room I'm too absorbed to be able to switch gears into social mode. I'm not sure how much practice someone like me needs before I could socialize AND shop back and forth.
Yes, balancing time to socialize with concentrated dealer room hunting is a very personal and fine act, indeed.
While the official social events are sceduled throughout the entire TransformersCon weekend, the Friday night events are very much designed to welcome everyone with group events in a friendly relaxed atmosphere, the night before the dealer room opens.

I hope next year things work out for you to have the opportunity to take full advantage. It was fun hanging out with you Saturday night!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #17
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple-bot View Post
BEST CON YET

i actually had longer in depth conversations, with people i knew from the forums

i had a good time, and got to meet lots of new people, i went with $300, made $350 more, then came home with $16

another successful con

i had a great time

as Jalvatron would say...

INCROYABLE !!!! LMAO
HAH! It really was inCROYable!!

It was awesome hanging out with you and Ernestizing songs Saturday night.
Dude, your enthusiasm and general cheer could lift up a room full of depressed DeadEnds; seriously dude.

Glad you enjoyed it, friend!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #18
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

First transformercon and definitely not my last. Thought it was very well organized and the day flowed really well. Spent most of my time in the dealer room waiting for parts (Over an hour). Who was that guy who had all the tables along the left wall? He needed a ticket thingy. Calling number 102 ... Anyway, all around a great day. A++++

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:43 AM   #19
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Also loved the location. Doubletree was great!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:23 AM   #20
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransformersCon View Post
The reasoning for this is that it's very difficult for the dealers to actually make deals if the noise from the panels is broadcast into the dealer room. It was actually requested by the dealers last year that this didn't happen this year.

Ah... I understand. It was still very disappointing though.

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote