Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 04-29-2007, 12:18 AM   #1
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com
2007 Feedback

Hi everyone

Another successful convention is in the books. Please let us know if you enjoyed yourselves and how you felt about everything. We take feedback from all of our guests very seriously and try to use their suggestions.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:28 AM   #2
New Brandon
Re: 2007 Feedback

I enjoyed it. I was more prepared this time (second time) and knew what to expect (which made everything better for me). Everything about the convention organization was great.

Michael Bell was a great guest... but last year set the bar REALLY high with Michael McConnohie, not to mention Don Murphy was there as well. So I don't think it was able to surpass it in that department, but by no means was it a disappointment.

Also, I want to thank Colin and crew for letting me play the TFCog fan dubs once again.

Big thumbs up for the whole deal. Looking forward to next year!
New Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:53 AM   #3
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

I was disappointed that the pannels were not broadcast into the dealer room. Sitting there at the table I was hoping/expecting to be able to hear it.

So very disappointed in that.

otherwise, it was more organised this year. which was good.

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
Decepticon Army
King of the Obscure
Thumbs down Re: 2007 Feedback

Great Con.
Cool events, great guests and it was a fun time for both young and old fans.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:48 PM   #5
lambor

Had a blast, as always. 4th time coming to the event, thanks Colin for all that you do and to every one of the volunteers that puts forth their time and effort to create such an enjoyable atmosphere.

Michael Bell was a great guest, of course it doesn't hurt that he had a hand in just about every one of the shows from my childhood (TF, Voltron, the Smurfs, GI Joe)... it was absolutely surreal to shake his hand.

BTW, I overheard a couple of times people talking about whether the Con might be moving to another city in the future. Put me down for staying with the Doubletree indefinitely, at least if it can handle the number of attendees well enough. Oh who am I kidding, I'll follow TFCon wherever it might go.
lambor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:56 PM   #6
Dave-astator
Dave-astator's Ebay Auctions

Thanks to Colin once again!

And thanks to those volunteers who kept my ex out of the dealer room so I didn't have to deal with her until the end of the Con.

Another successful year!

P.S. She soooo wanted me!
Dave-astator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:18 AM   #7
TFcon Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstar View Post
I was disappointed that the pannels were not broadcast into the dealer room. Sitting there at the table I was hoping/expecting to be able to hear it.
The reasoning for this is that it's very difficult for the dealers to actually make deals if the noise from the panels is broadcast into the dealer room. It was actually requested by the dealers last year that this didn't happen this year.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:53 AM   #8
Protoman
The Legend

This was my first con.... and wow, what a first impression. Met a lot of people I only knew online for years for the first time face to face (Big shout out to Toy Hell), bought some holes in my collection, had a hell of a time rooming with Guber (honestly who wouldn't =P) and hey, I won the Trivia Contest in the Hardcore Transfan category so..... yeah, time of my life to say the least
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:31 AM   #9
New Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambor View Post
BTW, I overheard a couple of times people talking about whether the Con might be moving to another city in the future. Put me down for staying with the Doubletree indefinitely, at least if it can handle the number of attendees well enough. Oh who am I kidding, I'll follow TFCon wherever it might go.
It doesn't bother me where the convention is, as long as it's in the GTA (and I'm sure it will). I would still probably make the trip up anyway.

I like the Doubletree, although I can understand if there's a need for a building with a larger capacity.
New Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:38 AM   #10
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Brandon View Post
It doesn't bother me where the convention is, as long as it's in the GTA (and I'm sure it will). I would still probably make the trip up anyway.

I like the Doubletree, although I can understand if there's a need for a building with a larger capacity.
If they ever needed more space, right across the street is the Toronto Convention Center. Every year Anime North rents that out along with the hotel we stayed at (2 whole floors) for all the events and activities. If space was a issue I think it would be easy to solve without having to relocate.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote