Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
StarScreamix
Generation 1
StarScreamix's Ebay Auctions
Thoughts on these KO's

I'm new to Cybertron, and I can feel the $ falling out of my wallet already.

I've already spent $150 because of Cybertron and it's only been 2 days!

Anyways while searching the forums I found a lot of talk about KO's. I did a quick search on ebay and found this seller. http://stores.ebay.com/TFtribe

Has anyone bought from them? How good/bad are their KO's? I have no where near enough money to buy the toys I want in their original forms, but I would love to have them in decent KO form. I'm looking at least 4-6 of the Gesalts and probably the tapes. They will fill in a few holes in my tape set.

Thanks all!
StarScreamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:30 PM   #2
rid
Beast Machine
Re: Thoughts on these KO's

As they say, you get what you pay for. I have the sets of Constructicon, Defensor, Aerialbots and so on. They are of decent quality but can be hard to combine. The pegs don't always align with the holes and so on. Furthermore, they will break off with time. When I went to pull the individual bots away fromt he combined form, I couldn't put the peg out of the hole. I forced it a little (and I mean a little, no twisting or excessive force) and the peg broke. So be warned.

If I were to rate them I would say it's a 5/10 for quality of the toys themselves and a 7/10 if you factor in the fact that it's less than $10.

My Wants:

Classics Game Of Deception (set preferred but individuals are OK too)
Most G1 Head/Power/Target-Masters
G1 RoadBuster, Scorponok, Shockwave
Any Optimus Prime (I have tons already but am always looking for more Primes)

Parts Needed: Triggerhappy's Targetmaster gun: Blowpipe (with gun attachment)
rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #3
Aernaroth
Metroplex

They changed the plastic for the scramble city box sets two or three years ago, and as such, they're now more fragile. The shrunk down G1 combiners/fortress maximus are pretty good though. The cassette blister packs are fantastic though. All the die cast parts have been replaced with plastics, and every once in a while you'll get a rumble/frenzy with a wonky head spring, but I was really surprised by how good they were. I think he's got a knockoff sixshot that was pretty cool as well.

I mean, they're knockoffs. The quality is usually lacking, but if you don't want to pay ridiculous sums of money to have a G1 set, or if you want something a little different and interesting, look into them.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #4
Betsumei
Generation 2

Ooh, soooo tempting, especially those cassettes. My TRU Soundwave needs more tapes, but... $50 shipping is harsh on that $5 multipack. I understand it's from China, but the even the Constructicon set is cheaper for shipping. :P
Old 05-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #5
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

i have a ton of kos, raiden, devi, defensor, superion, and frenzy/ratbat pack, as previously stated the quality is lacking, and if you're like me you'll probably want to replace them with the real thing, but they're nice for building a collection, especially the raiden and liokaiser ones, but yeah 50 to ship cassettes is ridiculus, we got six g1 liokaisers shipped ems from china for 74, and i'm pretty sure it was a much larger package lol, by the way welcome to the boards,

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
StarScreamix
Generation 1

THanks for the input so far everyone. I am going to get a shipping quote from them for a large order between my friend and I. So hopefully they aren't going to gouge me on shipping too much.

Otherwise does anyone know a good place to get KO's like these? Should I just check China town or Pacific mall, an asian mall in the Toronto area for anyone out of Toronto.

Thanks
Old 05-06-2008, 09:59 PM   #7
Protoman
The Legend

I have the Liokaiser, a little loose at times and the plastic is better then most KOs but not perfect either. The biggest problem? After getting it, it hit me that my favorite of the bunch Hellbat was remolded/removed in the form of Doubledealer with Hellbat's head.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:35 AM   #8
StarScreamix
Generation 1

Thanks for the input on these everyone.

Anyone around here interested in getting in on a bulk order? I am going to be getting a bunch of sets for myself and few people I know. I am going to try and strike a good deal, possibly setting up a wholesale account with them if there is any interest in them.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #9
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScreamix View Post
THanks for the input so far everyone. I am going to get a shipping quote from them for a large order between my friend and I. So hopefully they aren't going to gouge me on shipping too much.

Otherwise does anyone know a good place to get KO's like these? Should I just check China town or Pacific mall, an asian mall in the Toronto area for anyone out of Toronto.

Thanks
The knockoff market in Toronto has kind of dried up compared to previous years, but check out both those places.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #10
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
The cassette blister packs are fantastic though. All the die cast parts have been replaced with plastics, and every once in a while you'll get a rumble/frenzy with a wonky head spring, but I was really surprised by how good they were.
All my KO mini cassettes have diecast parts just like the real deals. Must be a different run. These cassettes (at least the ones with diecast parts) seem to be the gems of the bunch. The plastic they use is not really that bad compare to the KO combiners, mini Fort Max., etc. The fit and finish is a bit off, though, compare to the authentic copies but I would say the KO factory got it pretty close.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote