Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: What "turns you off" with a Transformer toy?
Head is exposed during alt mode 13 25.00%
Disproportioned head/body/limbs 2 3.85%
Colors don't match cartoon/boxart 7 13.46%
Parts need to be replaced between transformation 5 9.62%
Fragile joints that pop off during transformation 11 21.15%
Fused limbs 2 3.85%
Other 12 23.08%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #21
Dragon Knight
Geass'd
Re: Your Transformer "Turn-offs"

If it's a transformer toy that does not Transform.

Although...the Robo replicas do look decent.
Dragon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #22
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

I voted "other"...

And what I have in mind is the "one hand as a weapon" gimmick. For example, it seems that almost all of the ROTF Bumblebee figures have a weapon hand...why? Why not have one hand removable or interchangable? Isn't that how his hand works in the movie? Doesn't his hand TRANSFORM?

I'm okay with specialized limbs if they Transform. G1 cartoon used to exploit this like crazy. Jazz had his hand transform into a winch, Ironhide had a tractor beam, Prime's hand became an axe, etc. (I do recognize G1 also had several key one-handed characters, like Inferno, Hoist, and Shockwave just to name a few. Most of these bugged me...)

How strange it was to watch G1 Hoist try and lift something with an gun barrel for a hand. C'mon, these are robots...they should be equipped for duty! I find the shoulder or arm cannon WAY cooler, as said cannon can be controlled too...as if connected to the 'nervous system'...like Megatron's fusion cannon or Starscream's Null rays. WAY cool.

BTW For some reason, Shockwave's weapon hand is cool. It works on this figure....sometimes its fitting for the character...I can't quite explain why...

But for Movie Bumblebee it's just strange. I love how they did it with '08 bee--have two hands, and a clip-on, stowable weapon to simulate the weapon hand.

'Nuff said...sorry for the long post...
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #23
Bountyan
Cybertron

Figures that can't stand and figures that have loose joints. I get so frustrated with the first one. What's the point of collecting TF's if some of them can't even stand on the shelf? :|
Old 06-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #24
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Exclamation Re: Your Transformer "Turn-offs"

Exclusives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Exclusives are my number 1. Like mentioned above, why should I spend $500 for a toy that is a REPAINT of a toy that I already got for $15?
Exactly. But my beef is also what they use as exclusives.

If Hasbro had released the 6 seekers, Acid Storm, and a couple of other repaints, I would have bought 2 of each. Maybe 3 for a few. It'll help save some people time from having to repaint into the other seeker members. Of course, some will repaint it to enhance, you can't satisfy everyone.

Exclusives should be for figures/accessories that is nice to have but not necessary.

Example #1...first, assume Classics Cyclonus did not have Nightstick, but rather a regular looking gun. Now, imagine a boxset of 5 Targetmaster guns. Different mold different colors, not 1 mold repainted 5 times. Two of them can be directly meant for Hot Rod and Cyclonus, and the other 3 are complete brand new (in terms of color and name). So you get to decide who you want to make into a Targetmaster. Priced at $150.

A. People have a choice whether they need it for their collection
B. Large profit for Hasbro, how much does it really cost to make a Nightstick? Then to charge $30 for it.

Example #2...going back to seekers, release the regular versions to the public, and make ghost versions of them as exclusives.

Example #3...what eHobby did with Omega Supreme, and make Guardian repaint. I'm going out on a limb, and say that there's more people who want Omega vs Guardian. So make the Guardian an exclusive.

Example #4...Shattered Glass. I felt that was a perfect use for characters we know, and repaints.

Example #5...Classics Optimus should have came with trailer, similar to (or exactly like) G1. The exclusive could be another trailer with completely different accessories and layout inside, while looking exactly the same on the outside. Prime only needs 1 trailer, but for the die-hard fans and serious collectors, he can have 2.

Example #6...For fans of Animated, have a box-set of 5 figures of random background Autobots on Cybertron. The alt-mode doesn't have to be any good either as they're not shown on screen, but the robot mode should be near perfect.

I doubt I'll be able to get a Dirge, Thrust and Ramjet without spending more than a week's pay. The only complete seeker team I have is G1, not even the PVCs was complete, it's mixed with SCF and HOC.

Wow, my post went longer than expected. Just my thoughts, and I kinda needed to vent. At least you now know how things would have been ran, if I was in charge.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:28 AM   #25
Prime_Pessimus

I have the RID optimus prime & ultra magnus combo. But i HATE how crappy and cheap the plastic is, how lame the humanoid-ish prime is. And dispise how it's add-on clip-on transformation to form the big-robo.
Thus, I just keep Prime in firetruck mode, and I don't even show ultra magnus. RID series eecked me out alot for the cheapo china-ish mold and non tru TF philosphy.
Dunno if i'm the only one... ?
Prime_Pessimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:32 AM   #26
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I think takara-tomy is more customer friendly than hasblow. they know what the fans want and they give it to them...in correct colours no less.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:40 AM   #27
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I think takara-tomy is more customer friendly than hasblow. they know what the fans want and they give it to them...in correct colours no less.
I'm not sure I agree with your statement. I personally think that BOTH Hasbro and Takara-Tomy are customer-friendly... to their target customers. It just so happens that, while Takara-Tomy keeps the fans (ie, people like us) in high regards, Hasbro's main target audience are the gazillion kids who buy more of Hasbro's toys than we do (ie, not us). So it's pretty easy to say "Hasbro doesn't care about us fans" without looking at who they're actually targeting in the first place. But now I'm going off-topic.

Back on-topic: another thing peeves me with TFs:
Simplistic beast-formers' transformations. You know, the kind like Cybertron Leobreaker: "we'll stand up the quadra-pedal beast on its hind legs, pop a head out of nowhere, and voilĂ*!".
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:43 AM   #28
onecoin
Banned

Write-in: Rehash Repainted Crap.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #29
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

1. I really hate when there are extra parts that don't clip or peg into place. Nothing worse than a floppy transformer that can't stay together. Example: movie ransack. While I love the biplane, I can't stand the non clip chest.

1. Exclusives would be my second. Nothing ruins a collection faster than a hard to find exclusive.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #30
Stormstrike
Stormstrike's Ebay Auctions

Not really my number one, but androgenous bot modes, bots refered to as he , the look femine or fem-mechs that look a little masculine.

I know gender should not be an issue, but sometimes this bugs me.

just my 2 cents worth, for now.
Stormstrike is offline   Reply With Quote