Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: What "turns you off" with a Transformer toy?
Head is exposed during alt mode 13 25.00%
Disproportioned head/body/limbs 2 3.85%
Colors don't match cartoon/boxart 7 13.46%
Parts need to be replaced between transformation 5 9.62%
Fragile joints that pop off during transformation 11 21.15%
Fused limbs 2 3.85%
Other 12 23.08%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #11
Lysist
Alternator
Re: Your Transformer "Turn-offs"

There are many things that bother me about individual transformers. A wise collector I know once said "There is no such thing as a perfect transformer."

There will always be flaws. Separation lines out of place, heads that poke out in alt mode, weapons that are stored in the bag of allbits, parts that fall off every time, colored plastic that should have been paint, paint that chips easily, chrome that flakes, shellformers/underformers/kibbleformer/legoformers, and things that brake the first time we transform them.

Each one has something that we would do differently if we were talented designers. I am sure that they would love to go back and fix mistakes when technology improves. The one thing that I can count on is that we will get our chance to buy an improved figure down the road. As much as little things about some bots bug the crap out of me, I know that I will get a better one in a few years.

Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:09 AM   #12
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

The head being obviously visible in alt mode drives me nuts. I am also not a fan of parts-formers. I accepted these back in the day, mostly because I was a kid and didn't know any better... but no excuse for it today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysist View Post
A wise collector I know once said "There is no such thing as a perfect transformer."
Does that collector not have MP Prime?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #13
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
my other main pet peeve is tf's that fall apart as you tform them,even when gentle.(classics galvatron comes to mind.you just have to look at him funny and he's in 6 main pieces)
really???

I never had that problem. Is it possible just yours had poor quality?

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
Lysist
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Does that collector not have MP Prime?
Yep, he does and MP Prime is flawed too. Have you ever tried possing him with more then a 20 degree angle on his legs...crunch and the big guy goes down.

Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post

I am also not a fan of parts-formers. I accepted these back in the day, mostly because I was a kid and didn't know any better... but no excuse for it today.
Yup, Transformers should actually Transform.
Good morals, dude.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #16
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

For me as long as the bot mode looks good (which can be relative I guess) and is posible without too much kibble, I'm not too picky about the details. I tend to like the more humanoid bots, so head sculpt matters too. No Movie1 arcee faces... ugg.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #17
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

I'm with the "hands/weapons inconsistency" group. I don't own very many TFA toys; just Voyager Prime, Ultra Magnus, Stealth Lockdown, Blurr, Purple Shockwave, Soundwave and the 3 Dinobots. NONE of their weapons or accessories are interchangeable due to different peg/handle sizes and styles.
Technically, I think Shockwave can hold Prime's weapons, but in all fairness, Shockwave doesn't actually "hold" things in his hands.

Oh, and also the "Weapons/accesories that don't go anywhere in Alt mode". I'm looking at you, TFA Dinobots.
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #18
Poho
Generation 2

fragile joints, with exposed head as a close second

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Xbox Live: Mr Poho
Poho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #19
0peraticon
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
And lastly, having the entire vehicle mode as a backpack! Leader Jetfire, and Universe Silverbolt... UGH! You could just unscrew the alt mode from their back, and you got yourself a freaking protoform version of the character! They are robots with jets on their backs, and they are jets with a robot squished underneith. At least Jetfire's jet bits fold here and there, Silverbolt, all you do is flip the nose behind his back and thats 50% of the transformation...
Yes, Universe Silverbolt's Transformation is almost no different from a G1 minicon. Perhaps I should have replaced "Fused limbs" with "Shell-forming".

Henkei/Universe Galvatron seems to use copious amounts of his artillery armor as his coat tails and backpack too. And yes, the Henkei version falls apart as well, especially the front fender.

Last edited by 0peraticon; 06-18-2009 at 02:13 PM.
0peraticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #20
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

there are two things that really grind my gears (not the autobot!)

1. All the @$&!#*% repaints! I'm a completest collector and I really hate spending three four or five times the money on the same damn figure!!!!! At least retool the head or weapon or something (I feel like I'm being bent over and someone hid the lube)

2. Electronic transformers with really REALLY poorly place sound buttons! for example - Energon Scorponok and ROTF Leader Prime! I was so close to throwing prime against the wall when I was learning to transform him that even now it bothers me to hear "My name... is Optimus Prime"

Sorry to rant but it does feel much better to get that off my chest!
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote