Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 07-13-2017, 10:57 PM   #21
TRUCKvsGUN
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Optimus Prime Released At Retail

I doubt it'll ever get close to that low, but I hope it does, for the sake of those who don't already have this toy or are low on cash.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:57 AM   #22
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmaker View Post
How can you imply greed (you mention licking their lips) on Hasbro's part when you're actively trying to trade a TRU MP10 (originally $100, less on sale) for a Takara MP22, a $220+ figure? LOL they're applying the same markup on this toy that you are.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=58319
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=58521

This has nothing to do with 3P companies; it's clear from the asking prices for this figure on this very board that they way undercharged for the initial TRU release and have since adjusted. They sold out online day 1, so the new price can't be far off what collectors value it at.
I never dictated the market, nor did I ever imply that with all the money spent on this hobby, I wouldn't maximize the value when by happenstance, I wind up with multiples of a figure that actually appreciates.

Predahank, you know full well you've sold toys for more than you've paid too...sorry.

Also, I'm just one guy, looking to trade up...TRADE up. Some people get good deals on other figures and it can work out for both parties. That's what I generally look for.

I buy a lot, sell very rarely, as you should know from taking the time to peruse my sales history.

I'm not a multi national corporation making large margins on mass production and stealing market share from hastak...

lol.

This made me laugh this am. Thanks for that.

So does the idea that hastak pays more attention to the aftermarket (where prices are posted but sales are harder to track) and not their direct competitors ripping off their trademarks.

I'm flattered but I don't think I had more to do with it than say make toys and 600$ devastators.

That notion is probably more a reflection of your own dissatisfaction with apparently, boardies like me.

Last edited by Soundwaves; 07-14-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:56 AM   #23
Ultra Macnus
Generation 1

Ottawa Merivale TRU has 1 MP-OP
Ultra Macnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:51 AM   #24
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Soundwaves, if you dont think MP 10 is worth more than the Original $100 he was purchased at (which is the entire argument at hand), could you sell it to me for $100 please?
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:49 PM   #25
caffodian
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Jesus, wasn't year of the horse 150$ or something?
It was eventually clearanced down to $99 and beyond, as well :/
caffodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:10 PM   #26
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffodian View Post
It was eventually clearanced down to $99 and beyond, as well :/
Buy one get one 50% off at one point so $75 plus tax I would imagine
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:14 PM   #27
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Year of the Horse version was 150$ if memory serves, I'd say 170$ would be the perfect price for this mold which I believe this time actually includes Roller and possibly the little Spike figure that was meant to come with it, unlike YotH which omitted those particular figures.

The only reason it sold out online once being released is because of the damn scalpers, even with a limit of 2 or 3 there are plenty of ways to circumvent this issue with friends addresses and the like.
I agree and disagree. The only thing I would maybe add to that was he genuinely had very crappy distribution (in Canada especially) just like Starscream and Soundwave and for any main stay character they should have made more. When he was released I happened to be in the States about 4 weeks later and he was fully stocked at the TRU's where as here it may have been 10 per store max
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:25 PM   #28
ninjha
Machine War

Wow $250!! Who has bought any? Do these ever go on clearance? I remember seeing tons of Fortress Maximus at TRU, high on top shelves. I figured they would eventually go on sale. After a couple of months there were none left? I wonder if liquidators bought them up? Did Hasbro take them back?
ninjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:55 PM   #29
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjha View Post
Wow $250!! Who has bought any? Do these ever go on clearance? I remember seeing tons of Fortress Maximus at TRU, high on top shelves. I figured they would eventually go on sale. After a couple of months there were none left? I wonder if liquidators bought them up? Did Hasbro take them back?
Nope, all those had to have been bought for that price. Hasbro never takes back unsold stock. And the fact that fort max has been found on clearance at certain TRUs still for 150$ means he was not sold to liquidators. So if you saw none at your store it means they were all sold out.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #30
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

My friend bought the new reissue yesterday since he needed another for his huge Prime collection. It is the animated color like the original TRU release. It also suffers from the closing chest issue where there is too much plastic on the windows and the matrix chamber won't close. You would think Hasbro would have fixed that issue for the rerelease of MP Prime.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote