Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #21
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..
Re: GPS with Protoform SS?

So here's the real question...how to prevent it?

One of my theories is to store them in such a way there is no UV, very stable temperature and importantly-stable humidity...i'd figure 20C and 30% r/h...

I've worked with plastic compound companies to make metallic blend plastics for parts I designed at work and Chans is right, mixing is key

If too many metal flakes concentrate in one area and the plastic shrinks and grows in variable temperature and humidity bang!!!! You got GPS...
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:49 AM   #22
miasboytoy
Animated

gps problems still exist!

legends movie scorponok tail
2003 kaybee toys megabolt
2006 sixwing aerialbots repaint
miasboytoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #23
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

You know what would solve all these problems. STOP USING GOLD FLECKED PLASTIC AND JUST STICK TO SOLID COLORS FOR PAINTING THE BLAND GRAY PLASTIC UNDERNEATH!

I mean that's the most logical solution, if a part of your product has exhibited this issue since its inception you don't keep using the damn thing in some sort of Planned Obsolescence garbage, you alter the game plan and stick to ordinary gray plastics for anyone that gets a gold paint job and then paint them up as such. It may not be as cost effective, which probably kills the deal when we're talking mass production, but it beats having toys breaking on people five years down the line when paying for a replacement isn't as simple or easy as one might think.

Of course Hasbro being a corporation could care less about these issues once the product is no longer in production, they probably figure it means you'll blindly go out and buy a similar named character just to have the guy again. (Idiots)