Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-23-2010, 12:57 AM   #31
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Opposite Opinion!

I dunno...I think Human Alliance Bumblebee and Universe Onslaught are very over rated toys that most seem to love...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:06 AM   #32
joshimus
Metroplex

I'm sure many may disagree but the black repaint of Primes REALLY annoys me. I just don't feel the awesomeness of it.
Also Sunstorm does nothing for me.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:07 AM   #33
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroman2 View Post
Nice comments guys. I, too love the Universe Galvatron Mode!
Can you please come over and make mine into a tank?

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:52 AM   #34
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
I really enjoyed reading this thread... it's one of the better ones around... engaging and thoughtful. Like one of the posters here I also stopped following TFs for 20+ yrs and only came back after the Bay movie 1 came out. So for those who hate the movies, I think at least the movies brought back a generation of fans who didn`t follow Beast Wars etc. TF Animated didn`t look appealing to me at first but over time I grew to like the toys and loved their stylized design and looks.

Since we are talking about opposite opinions... I am going to say something `blasphemous` on this board... I know everyone is crazy about the G1 figures... but I don`t really care for them, even though I like the original TV show very much. Those original G1 toys have such limited posability, limited playability, and limited transformation that they just don`t do much for me. I like the Universe and Generation lines representation of those G1 figures though... much better playability. I don`t keep TFs in boxes, I play with them. So having fun transforming or posing a scene is all that counts for me.

I`ve given up on trying to collect only one or two lines or stick to original characters or movie characters or anything like that. If the toy looks cool, transformation looks fun, price looks right, then I get it. It doesn`t matter if the character never existed anywhere!!

So I have a mixture of movie bots, universe bots, generations bots, and TFA bots. And since the price on most G1 figures are quite expensive and playability lacking, I don`t bother with them. (I`ve lost all the G1 figures I had back in the 80`s.)

There, I`ve said it. Having said all that, I totally respect the love other members here have for G1s and other figures. I think it`s cool that everyone could be into different types of TFs and for different reasons. It makes the community interesting. I respect your opinion too if you think my verbage above is rubbish... that`s cool...
I also don't have much love for G1 toys, they're bricks in disguise. My nostalgia love is for the old cartoon and I realized with the Generation line, that Hasbro will probably keep going until they remade all of the G1 toys. So I decided to become a completest about it and with a heavy heart, try and get all those repaints I skipped.

Do you know what a Universe Ratchet cost now on ebay? Way more than I expected it would cost or willing to pay for a dumb repaint (and horrible mold). I did eventually find one, but spent a bit too much for it......

I love the TFA toys too, but I hate the cartoon. I think I'm of a small small minority, but I will tell you why I hate the show. First of all, there are some good episodes like the Five Servos of Doom, but I find that most episodes are 95% filler and 5% plot/character dev/etc. A example of this is that episode where the Autobots become zombies and pointless things happen and at the very very last minute the professor guy find Megatron's head. That last minute was the actual episode and the rest was forgettable wacky shenanigans, IMO.

And not to go too long winded about this, but what I hated the most was new characters coming on for a episode or two then dying or never showing up again until way way down the line. I know they got special guest stars for Lockdown, Wreckgar, etc and thats understandable but why was Soundwave only in the show for two episodes? And why were the Decepticons only in for a small hand full of episodes? Why can't it be like G1 and have both side equally represented? I guess because it's a kids show and kids like heroes etc.....

And in all honestly, having watched all the episodes (because I'm a fan of all things transformers) I feel they never had any plan for where they were going with the show. It felt like there wasn't an cohesive idea for what the show was and this is the kind of stores we are going to tell.

I understand that my G1 bias has probably clouded my judgment and enjoyment of TFA, and made unrealistic expectations for a children's cartoon, but I'm just saying for example Avatar and Xmen Evolution were better shows. Sorry for the crazy rambling of someone who won't let go of the past, but this has been stewing inside of me for awhile and it's good to let it all out on front street. And yes, I'm a glass half empty kind of guy.
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:43 AM   #35
Zodberg
Machine War
Send a message via AIM to Zodberg

I've met people who hate Botcon Breakdown....
But... it's an underexposed character (who makes sense for the mold) of obscure historical significance, in colors that make complete sense for the set (g2). It is a mathematically perfect exclusive!

Quote:
The Classics seekers.
Is not at all sleek in robot mode. I don't blame you if you need a sleeker seeker.
Zodberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:42 AM   #36
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

oh yeah. botcon toys. everyone loves these. they're in the same league with PCCs in my eyes... fugly but ummm even fuglier. extremely overrated. plus they're mostly just stupid repaints. i can't believe people pay a lot for these.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:21 AM   #37
Camaroman2
Better than a Masterpiece

No Richter, I cannot.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #38
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroman2 View Post
For me, it's Generations Drift. Everyone is in love with him, but I think his head is ugly and I don't much care for the character. I'm waiting for Blurr. I can, however, understand why everyone likes him (articulation, transformation).
I was under the impression the Drift love was mostly based on the excitement of a fiction character becoming a Hasbro toy.

I agree, not reading the comics I'm not too crazy about the toy design for Drift or Blurr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Predaking View Post
Universe Galvaltron. everyone hates him.
Despite his flaws I still like him.
I have yet to find these 'flaws' you speaketh of. I love him!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #39
Camaroman2
Better than a Masterpiece

Seems like everyone's got the idea. Now keep them coming!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #40
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by seali_me View Post
oh yeah. botcon toys. everyone loves these. they're in the same league with PCCs in my eyes... fugly but ummm even fuglier. extremely overrated. plus they're mostly just stupid repaints. i can't believe people pay a lot for these.
Don't forget they cost an arm and a leg.

Tags
dislike, drift, generations, opinion, transformers