Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 03-31-2011, 11:45 AM   #11
Rietzey
Awesomer
Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I cheer for the Bruins this year, not the Habs! Tim Thomas is the man. He's like a reborn version of Kelly Hrudey, only better.
The B's have one of the best goaltending tandems (if not the best) in the NHL right now, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post
FYI Toronto has a winning record...

FYI Optimus Reim is having a pretty damn good year so I'm not sure what this "crappy goalie" comment is all about....ooohhh...Senators fan...yyeeaaa nevermind, I think that disqualifies you from being considered knowledgable about Hockey whatsoever

T-SHIRT BOUGHT!!!!

EDIT: Went with the hoodie...I can't believe I just spent $44 on a hoodie LOL!
Well said sir. Especially Senators fans that beak about poor goaltending...here's hoping Reimer's not a one-year wonder and he can keep rolling next season.

Love the logo itself, simple enough to be used for goalies in general too.
Rietzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:49 AM   #12
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin
Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Too bad he's a crappy goalie XD poor leafs, just can't quite get there, this year!! At least they aren't doing as bad as my favorite team though, the senators.. them and Edmonton are a big dissapointment this year.

Anyways, back on topic, I love the logo, looks pretty cool!!

WHAT? I guess a record of 18-8-4, gaa 2.55 pct .922 is pretty shitty........oh wait his record is better then all 5 of Ottawa's goaltenders.

I know we are just razzing here, leafs fans are required to argue with senators fans

But seriously, for a rookie call up who was only supposed to cover a game or two due to injuries/wellness of Giggy and the "Monster" he has had a sensational season. Next training camp should be interesting, I'd guess giggy and his 6mil contract will need a new home.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Thumbs up Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design

Quote:
Originally Posted by razin View Post
WHAT? I guess a record of 18-8-4, gaa 2.55 pct .922 is pretty shitty........oh wait his record is better then all 5 of Ottawa's goaltenders.....

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:08 PM   #14
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
WHAT? I guess a record of 18-8-4, gaa 2.55 pct .922 is pretty shitty........oh wait his record is better then all 5 of Ottawa's goaltenders.
...and this is even more impressive considering how much the Leafs D leave the kid out to dry LOL. Thank gawd Phaneuf has finally come around offensively. Aulie may end up being the steal of that deal.

LONG LIVE OPTIMUS REIM (please)!!

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:18 PM   #15
Darth Wave
Alternator

Oh man you LEAF FANS! Get over it, the season is OVER, the team stinks, Phaneuf was a bust. The Senators/ Habs will be contenders before the Leafs will. Heck... I'll even say the "Winterpeg Jets" will be a better team next year.

On a side note... Love the logo, good on you Rimer!

GO CANUCKS GO!
Darth Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:37 PM   #16
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rietzey View Post
The B's have one of the best goaltending tandems (if not the best) in the NHL right now, for sure.
Rask kinda sucks this year (10-13-2, 2.69, .918). Thank God for Tim Thomas (33-10-8, 1.96, .940).

Last edited by Pascal; 03-31-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #17
Darth Wave
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Rask sucks this year, he's piling losses like mad.
he started off good but then tailed off...
Darth Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #18
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Wave View Post
Oh man you LEAF FANS! Get over it, the season is OVER, the team stinks, Phaneuf was a bust. The Senators/ Habs will be contenders before the Leafs will. Heck... I'll even say the "Winterpeg Jets" will be a better team next year.

On a side note... Love the logo, good on you Rimer!

GO CANUCKS GO!
The Leafs have actually had a great season post-all star break. It's a shame that they only started to gel as a team now, and weren't playing like they have been the whole season.

Phaneuf is finally doing what was expected of him, Reimer's excellent goal tending, and the addition of rookies like Kadri have really helped the team out.

I'm hoping by next season they will have figured everything out and will be a force to be reckoned with.

But until then...GO PENS GO!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:01 PM   #19
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

That's pretty cool. Love seeing Transformers becoming part of our pop culter.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:09 PM   #20
Mike
Robot Master
Mike's Ebay Auctions

Quote:

I know we are just razzing here, leafs fans are required to argue with senators fans
Oh don't get me started about how dissapointed I am about the sens XD I ended up only watching one game this season, haha, too bad to watch. I watch the leafs game all the time with my Gf's dad, He bought a 65" DLP tv, and an HD reciever just to watch the leafs game. so awesome.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, hockey, james reimer, leafs, optimus, toronto, transformers