Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-27-2021, 03:15 PM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Are Early Leaks of Figures Hurting Hasbro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post

What hurts Hasbro? Hasbro does.... e.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 03:56 PM   #12
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗
Well heck... like I was discussing with another member:

He can't understand why Hasbro isn't making more (another run) of the coneheads, "like printing money" as per the demand from the fans that cannot get them easily if at all.

That's been the issue for years, as there are so many... like SO FREAKING MANY figures that are short-produced, hard to find, packed 1 out of 4 if not worse per box, and there's no way that some figures wouldn't sell a LOT more.

But Hasbro appears deaf to this completely, puts money into lines that are appealing to a very small geographic (R.E.D for example) and even then, short produce those. The molds are done, they could easily do a second smaller run (10,000 more instead of a 50,000 original or something like that), and so on. Or just produce a lot more from the original run so that the market gets enough to saturate the stores (and online)... sure, they may have some that end up shelf-warming a bit or go on liquidation, but a mass production would equal: happy fans, lower production cost vs sales, lower price means more sales anyways, etc. etc. etc.

So yeah.. Hasbro is shooting itself in the foot quite a bit over playing with their numbers to maximize their figures on their quarterly reports.

There's a LOT of ways to save money and increase their profit margins... smaller and simpler boxes, put the figures in alt mode (which tends to take 1/3 of the space needed), then they could ship 3x the numbers per containers... less wasted space for shelves. and so on. Hell, even the "plain boxes" are a joke, double the size needed, they could use a biodegradable plastic (starch based) transparent plastic, etc.

So it's not freaking "leaks" that's hurting sales, it's not having product available for purchase, it's high prices, etc...

I'll never get why anyone pulls their undies in a knot over "leaks".
Old 08-27-2021, 07:52 PM   #13
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Totally agree with everyone's points about Hasbro shooting themselves in foot when it comes to distribution. In no way am I 100% in agreement with every point in the video.

However, I do think it is Hasbro and their creative teams right to choose when they want to reveal a figure. They shouldn't have to worry about prototypes getting stolen and revealed without their permission. One Youtube channel (I can't emember their name, it was a channel from Asia) was asked by Hasbro to stop with the leaks, so they aren't unbothered by these types of leaks. Maybe for some channels Hasbro is allowing that creator the right to reveal it (i.e. paying them to promote the products). Just speculation though.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:32 PM   #14
cripnite
Machine War

I’ve been seeing leaks on stuff for at least 20 years. It doesn’t hurt them at all.
cripnite is offline   Reply With Quote