Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 01-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #11
Me.Grimlock.King
Banned
Re: Agesthreeandup- Excellent Condition, Open Box Henkei available.

Wow that is just a waste of money when you can pick most of these figures up online or on ebay sealed for the same price. I would not waste my time or money on this.
Me.Grimlock.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #12
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier
Re: Sponsor News: Excellent Condition Open Box Henkei at Agesthreeandup

Just to respond to some of the comments about pricing. Hm... can't help but feel bad seeing these sentiments. I bought this off of a private collector locally who kept these pieces in amazing condition and barely touched them. Boxes all kept, even card is still taped on and twist ties all nicely re-packaged.

So it really did mean a lot for him to be letting go of these good items. Our prices were based on what we gave him - which were determined by availability locally. These items are pretty scarce here and very few of these can even be found from a retailer locally. Even a search on ebay and a handful of other popular online retailers are hit and miss, you can checkout bbts or tfsource for example... can't most of the figures there either.

So really, I mean you can get anything for cheap if you got the time and can spend it sourcing and auctioning for these items. But some of these really are not easy to find in our opinion. So we paid for them reasonably to give our private collectors value and are selling them at a price accordingly.

Sorry if this doesn't fit into all pricing expectations and yes, if you wait around long enough and look for it... you can always find a deal... that's true for buying anything, but I think it may be callous to say that you can pick up these from any online store or ebay that easily... it will still take a little work and looking around.

And just to be clear... this is not a "Red Tag Sale" as someone suggested... this is somebody's unsealed collection. The red tag says open box on it... we wanted to make sure customers were well aware it's opened and not sealed as the box is in really good condition and can be mistaken for sealed.

Thanks,

Boris
www.agesthreeandup.ca
agesthreeandup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #13
gericault
Beast Machine
Re: Agesthreeandup- Excellent Condition, Open Box Henkei available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobot91 View Post
LOL, these prices remind me of Toys Toys Toys and their red 'SALE' prices here in Toronto...
Or Toys on Fire in Montreal: this doesn't really make one want to spend money at this shop...
gericault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #14
Dinoboob
Generation 1

OK, so which one of you whiners here are going to sell me your Henkei Sunstreaker for less?
Dinoboob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #15
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinoboob View Post
OK, so which one of you whiners here are going to sell me your Henkei Sunstreaker for less?
I sell you mine for 60 dollars US, how about that?
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #16
Dinoboob
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
Done, assuming it does come with all the packaing as well. PM me if you are close to serious.
Dinoboob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #17
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Done, assuming it does come with all the packaing as well. PM me if you are close to serious.
PMed
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #18
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
PMed
this is the funniest part of this thread. Mods, please immortalize it.

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #19
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Hen...item4aa7b4d0f3
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #20
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
Just to respond to some of the comments about pricing. Hm... can't help but feel bad seeing these sentiments. I bought this off of a private collector locally who kept these pieces in amazing condition and barely touched them. Boxes all kept, even card is still taped on and twist ties all nicely re-packaged.

So it really did mean a lot for him to be letting go of these good items. Our prices were based on what we gave him - which were determined by availability locally. These items are pretty scarce here and very few of these can even be found from a retailer locally. Even a search on ebay and a handful of other popular online retailers are hit and miss, you can checkout bbts or tfsource for example... can't most of the figures there either.

So really, I mean you can get anything for cheap if you got the time and can spend it sourcing and auctioning for these items. But some of these really are not easy to find in our opinion. So we paid for them reasonably to give our private collectors value and are selling them at a price accordingly.

Sorry if this doesn't fit into all pricing expectations and yes, if you wait around long enough and look for it... you can always find a deal... that's true for buying anything, but I think it may be callous to say that you can pick up these from any online store or ebay that easily... it will still take a little work and looking around.

And just to be clear... this is not a "Red Tag Sale" as someone suggested... this is somebody's unsealed collection. The red tag says open box on it... we wanted to make sure customers were well aware it's opened and not sealed as the box is in really good condition and can be mistaken for sealed.

Thanks,

Boris

not to be rude or anything, but i found a Henkei DARK JETFIRE SKYFIRE EXCLUSIVE C-06 online on ebay. here is one MISB for about $54, shipped. in fact there are 4 of them available. as of this comment posting

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TRANSFORMERS-Henkei-DARK-JETFIRE-SKYFIRE-EXCLUSIVE-C-06-/370448110094?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56406d 920e

heres a henkei cyclonus shipped for about $80, thats still 8 bucks less than A3U, including shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Takara-Transformers-Henkei-Classic-D-07-D-7-Cyclonus-/130474079589?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e60dc 7565

im not even interested in henkei figures and I found them quite easily. I only searched these 2 but im sure you can find more on ebay or even craigs list. the sad part is i love supporting canadian retailers. Im not saying A3U is screwing us collectors. What I am saying is that online businesess are extemely competitive and stores need to set their prices accordingly

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote