Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Google Wiki etc, People need to use these

Ok, just about any post I do. Is either a rant or exuberant proclamation.

This one is a rant. I'll keep it short. I receive a fare amount of questions via ebay. Most of them have nothing to do with them wanting to buy the item or not. More that they want to know some random fact. Information that easily enough could be retrieved using the information provided in my listing. Followed by a search on either Google, Wiki, or any other search engine / easily accessed data base.

So people lazy or just not inclined to do there own research. I just have no clue.

Thanks for listening.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
Kujo1597
Generation 2
Re: Google Wiki etc, People need to use these

See, I never really got why some people don't just Google their questions. I figure that it'd take less time than waiting for somebody to come along and give you the answer. I can understand not wanting to look at fifteen pages of results but a lot of the time it's within the first three.

Maybe they don't know how to effectively use a search engine. Like using quotation marks around phrases that need to be in that specific order. Or the minus sign before a word you want excluded from your results.
Kujo1597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:21 AM   #3
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Personally, I think people are just plain lazy and maybe don't have the attention span to form the question or read an entire listing. I know I have moments where I'm like: "ok, I don't want to read to the bottom of that page" so that's when I know it's time to get off the computer, I've been on it too long for my liking.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:49 AM   #4
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Apparently most ppl don't look at the entire listing and just go right ahead to buy or whatever. Because I had this auction where the estimated shipping to Canada was like $40. But if you look at the listing, the seller instructs to contact them for an accurate shipping quote. I did and shipping was like $15, and the seller was very surprised I followed his instructions.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:08 AM   #5
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
Apparently most ppl don't look at the entire listing and just go right ahead to buy or whatever. Because I had this auction where the estimated shipping to Canada was like $40. But if you look at the listing, the seller instructs to contact them for an accurate shipping quote. I did and shipping was like $15, and the seller was very surprised I followed his instructions.
I actually do this on eBay (as a seller, but not as bad in terms of a rough estimate), which I know is not optimal but it's to insure that I don't get burned on shipping (I charge actual + a buck or two for packing materials so...)

Also, I prefer not to do this but eBay forces sellers to either use their shipping calculator (which is wrong a lot of the times) or put a fixed amount (seller or buyer can be burned)

As for "random" questions, I actually never received any on eBay but on here a couple of them
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #6
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
Wow. Nice. In my past experiences, it was exactly the opposite. Reasonable shipping to Canada listed, and then actual quote was like $40.00+.

Anyways, can I add to the rant and say as a person who does read and follow the instructions, I feel frustrated when the poster doesn't even know what they posted and won't follow their own instructions?
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote