Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 01-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #1
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Arrow Slave's X2toys SGC-003 - Power-Beak & Power-Bat Review

Hi there!

Part 2 of my 3 reviews I'm making real fast tonight.

This is the review for X2toys SGC-003 Power-Beak & Power-Bat

Here's the Video Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgO9DH-8PQs

Here's a few Photos to go along:

This is what you get in the package:

The sorta chrome daggers are made in metal, I was quite impressed actually, I though they'd be in plastic... but heck no. So those sorta daggers can be used as feet/stand for Beak & Bat:

Size comparison with Lazerbeak from Prime Soundwave:

We see that Power-Beak has longer wing span, and that, as shown in the video review, hinders the movement of the arms when they are placed in the chest. The wings do get in the way of the arms articulation since Soundwave's shoulders are quite long. Same problem occurs for Power-Bat... but it's not as problematic as Power-Beak.

Both Beak & Bat have a Weapon mode, Beak kinda turns into a gun, which I remember seeing in an episode of TF Prime where knockout (i think) borrows this gun from soundwave, and the gun creates shockwaves, I think it's neat that it looks just like that. And the Bat makes some sort of claws/double knifes which looks pretty nice:

Although I love the metallic daggers, they don't look good on soundwave... and beside holding them in the hands, there's no other pegs on soundwave where they can fit/store

X2toys SGC-003 Power-Beak & Power-Bat are a really nice add-on for Soundwave Prime. I'm a huge fan of soundwave, and to me, I do believe they were worth the 20$ price tag... yes they are small accessories. But like I said, Soundwave fan, and it just happens that Rat-Bat and Lazer-Beak were my favorite cassettes... I couldn't pass X2toys SGC-003 Power-Beak & Power-Bat. My down side are those metallic daggers, although in metal, they don't fit good with Soundwave at all.. would've been happier to have no metallic daggers, and have a 5-7$ off the price tag really. But if you're like me a big fan of Soundwave. I do recommend picking those up!

I'm Batman!

Tags
power-bat, power-beak, review, transformers, x2toys