Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 05-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
plowking
wanna be Canadian
Decepticon Sandstorm

I've always been a fan of Rumble02's works ever since he started posting his customs. One thing that I enjoyed was the "Bio" he'd write for each of his creations. To me, this gave a little something extra to his works, other than "just posting pics"....to me it gave them a sense of "being"

I've been doing some more practicing of sorts with brushes, and this is my latest venture. I decided that for this custom, because I really liked how it turned out, I wanted it to be special so I contacted the man himself, Rumble02, and he agreed to give my latest a sense of "being"

With the aide of Rumble02, I introduce: Decepticon Sandstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumble02
To call Sandstorm evil does not begin to describe his cruelty. He took his name to remind the Autobots of their former brother in arms, after he viciously destroyed the triple changer.

As a member of the Seekers, Sandstorm has taken battle to a whole new level using technology he stole from Shockwave.

He went so far as to modify is own head with optic technology which allows him to maintain clear vision while he blinds his enemies. He does so with an advanced thruster system originally designed for vertical take off but Sandstorm saw no reason not to weaponize them. Using harmonics and electrical impulses, along with airflow, Sandstorm can use the thrusters in both robot and alt mode. Sandstorm can maintain full control over the blinding storms he creates and is motivated by the Devastator winds for which his combiner team mate took his name.

Not only will he blind his enemies with the sand but can use it to form weapons, restraints, and barriers, but he has also perfected a technique, in which he emits small nanobots into the storm. These nanobots then infiltrate Sandstorms Victims to eat away at them from the inside out, just in case they are able to escape his wrath.

Megatron knows that Sandstorm is truly a force to be reckoned with. He also knows Sandstorm does not know that they could be an equal match. Megatron unleashes Sandstorm and gives him liberty of destruction, knowing that as long as Sandstorm is free to reign chaos, he will not take a bid at Megatrons position of power. Sandstorm does have one Fatal Flaw, of which he is unaware. Shockwave knew Sandstorm had intentions of stealing from him, so in return he implanted a small, unnoticed remote device inside Sandstorms lower left eye.

Should Sandstorm ever decide to turn on Shockwave in battle, or try to steal from him again, it will only take the push of a button to bring him to his knees, because that will be all that is left of him.

I'd like to take a moment and personally thank Rumble02 for contributing to a custom of mine. As I stated, giving it a sense of "being"

Also, if you like cool customs, and you've enjoyed Rumble02's contribution here, check out his creations here:

Rumble02's Custom Works

Sandstorm was painted using Model Master and Tamiyah Acrylics; Satin Black, Rust, Silver, Flat Earth, and Desert Yellow, and all paint work done by brush. Simple head swap with HA Basic Tailpipe.

Thanks for looking!!

WAIT!...issa wobot anna twuck?!

Last edited by plowking; 05-19-2012 at 12:59 PM.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night
Re: Decepticon Sandstorm

You do have a way of making me like Bayformers.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
chans formers
raff ow roud

now there's a dirty bot!!!
looks nice and gritty p/k,
he almost needs some actual sand now imbedded into his paint too

very nice presentation too,and props to rumble02 for his slick backstory!!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #4
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

love the backstory, and the tailpipe head and the thrusters fit well on the body. paint looks nice and "sand blasted"

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote