Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 07-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #41
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions
Re: Toys"R"Us Canada Celebrates 30 Years of Transformers July 4th-6th

Sorry guys I was just thinking it would be a bigger deal. Not just a random table in the back corner of the store without much hoopla at all. Each store is different I'm sure. No line here. 2 kids only and I asked if I could have some of the stuff for my son when he is a bit older. I know it's about the kids. Sorry for any confusion. Manners and pleasantries always come first. I was just hoping for an event worthy of the 30 years of the franchise.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #42
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Sounds like some fans hear the word free and figure they should be allowed to get it no matter what just because.

I enjoy getting free things too, hell I got a 20$ toy for free thanks to BOGO, but I was willing to pay to receive something for free.

An event of this caliber is more for the children, and a free Kre-O combiner with a couple of colouring pages and a poster aren't exactly worth taking an entitled attitude for just because you've been with the franchise since youth.

Despite what The LEGO Movie said Ages 5+ does not mean grown men can participate in these kind of events and act like total douches. It's people like that which makes it harder for fans to be taken seriously where the media is concerned.

Personally I'm glad TRU is starting to participate more with Hasbro in these types of events, and spreading the Kreon love to a new generation isn't such a bad idea. Hopefully more events like this will happen in the future for the franchise.
Ya I agree. Getting the Kreos out to kids is a good idea. Would have been cool to maybe get some TFCon flyers out too. I know in the past I have seen them around TRUs leading up to it. Need those new fans.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #43
legenddkillaa
Banned

Sorry for ragging on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by style View Post
Sorry guys I was just thinking it would be a bigger deal. Not just a random table in the back corner of the store without much hoopla at all. Each store is different I'm sure. No line here. 2 kids only and I asked if I could have some of the stuff for my son when he is a bit older. I know it's about the kids. Sorry for any confusion. Manners and pleasantries always come first. I was just hoping for an event worthy of the 30 years of the franchise.
legenddkillaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:19 PM   #44
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

No worries man. It's all good. I hope TRU and Hasbro keep doing these so they get bigger and better each time. No need for freebies really just more hoopla?
Old 07-05-2014, 04:41 PM   #45
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

This what I picked up from TRU, my collection grew but not a lot. So I assembled him today, turned out great. He looks like a mean Combiner. He would have a great battle with any of the combiners. Say hello to Lazerbolt!

Last edited by Ironwave; 07-05-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #46
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by legenddkillaa View Post
Sorry for ragging on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by style View Post
No worries man. It's all good. I hope TRU and Hasbro keep doing these so they get bigger and better each time. No need for freebies really just more hoopla?
I just logged on to say, I'm proud of you guys for being the bigger man!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #47
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Just been to a local toy's r us. Got a free pack of Kreo Cominber, some stickers and a poster. There was a few Kreo combiners to pick, and I picked up the Obsidian. I was also there to exchange my movie stubs for the scratch cards... and all four are Kreo blind packs. This is my first time playing around with Kreo, and they are just lego with a different brand.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #48
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge1017 View Post
I must say while at TRU Brampton today with my son I witnessed the same type of immature and overenetitled behavior from an older fan wearing a Podolski soccer jersey.

He was carrying on like he was owed something and even whined to the manager that he should be allowed to participate. The Manager relented and let him go but he cut the line and rushed through to get his swag and took off. I assume to the next store. He was behaving worse than the kids there trying to enjoy and participate in the day. My 5 year old even recognized his immature behavior and that of his girlfriend and said "daddy he shouldn't get a toy, he was being a bad boy"

The day is about the kids. I've been a fan a long time too and I don't think I am entitled to anything but to enjoy the special occasion. But hey if taking something away from kids makes you happy because "you've been a fan forever and they owe you" then you are in the wrong hobby.

Embarrassed to be a fan today.
scourge/legendkilla
no need to be jerks and personally attack people.

go somewhere else if you'd like to do that.

that is all.

thank you
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #49
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Yah, I do agree that this event is for kids. I wouldn't dare to participate if I didn't bring my kid along. Someone wasn't very happy when I was there building the kreo. He said I am on his way and that his kid has no room to build his kreo.. I just go excuse me, I am in the middle is something here... I wasn't very welcome by those other parents with kids...
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #50
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Honestly, I'd have just said that if they have a problem with me being there with my kid, that they should do something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bogo, kreon, toysrus, transformers