Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-30-2014, 06:25 PM   #441
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron
Re: Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes

By this point I think i would just send her an email and tell her while she delayed in this transaction someone else offered the original asking price and you sold them. Done and over with. lol
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #442
Tarantulas
Tripredacus Council Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
By this point I think i would just send her an email and tell her while she delayed in this transaction someone else offered the original asking price and you sold them. Done and over with. lol
Exactly!
While I understand the desire to sell them off, if you're in no rush, no use stressing over these fools.
Tarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:48 PM   #443
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

I'd just live my life. If they reply wanting to buy cool, if not, no sense engaging them or letting their indecision affect you really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #444
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeCron View Post
The new trend that I have notice is people that are messaging me from kijiji but they are actual board members on cybertron.ca which is fine by him... However, some are serious lowballers(I got names), some appears to be serious buyers but decides to buy elsewhere after having set an agreement(I got names), some are just freaking rude just no matters at all(I got names), some feels that they are entitled to share their 2 cents aka T.O. scalpers(also I got names)...
Can you route future emails from these people to your junk email folder or would that result in all responses to your kijiji ads going to your junk folder? I suppose there's no way to set up some kind of filter through kijiji itself.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #445
python
Alternator

I've had this kind of behavior from people in Halifax/Dartmouth as well. It's not frequent, but always irks me. At the point where you are in story I would do one of two things:

1 - Reply back that if she decides she does want them, she travels to you and the price is firm. (I wouldn't have gone under $80 - and that's only if I needed cash for something else)

2 - Take the ad down and either add to it or split it so any email about the items is a new transaction and she can deal or not deal.

And honestly, I would have been done at the Tim's Card.
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #446
Tarantulas
Tripredacus Council Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post

And honestly, I would have been done at the Tim's Card.
Not to mention the fact that for all you know, the Tims card could be empty... and Tims? I'd be requesting she transform that into Starbucks or Second Cup. hah!

Last edited by Tarantulas; 06-30-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Tarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:53 PM   #447
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

The persons story lost me when she said her kid had too much pride but then after said her son doesn't understand that these are bigger then the ones he has.... sorry bs story. Must be a really young kid if doesn't understand sizes of a toy he likes.... and understands what pride is????

Ya don't think so.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:32 PM   #448
Cronosabre
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
lol, the extra money you're asking...
Haha, I didn't even catch that. Sorry if I'm coming off whiny about this. I'm actually finding it almost amusing to see what she will come up with next and just wanted to share. I've sold a number of things through Kijiji (Sold 2 other things today even) and never had anyone like this. Usually they just don't respond when it comes time to set a meetup time or if I make a counteroffer to their low ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantulas View Post
Not to mention the fact that for all you know, the Tims card could be empty... and Tims? I'd be requesting she transform that into Starbucks or Second Cup. hah!
Another good point and I'd also prefer a Starbucks or Second Cup card. Glad to see another Ottawa board member too I actually met a couple really great board members here through Kijiji when I first put my stuff up for sale.

Yeah you guys are right I'm not in any hurry to sell so no point on wasting my time with this person (except to see what they write next).
Cronosabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:30 PM   #449
Rev
Addict

I've experienced this with adults who know nothing about the product. I had one woman haggling over a MISB 2007 movie prime. After a lot of back and forth where she's asking all knds of weird questions, she says forget it, she's found something else for her grandson's birthday. I thought it weird she'd get him a 7 year old toy.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:51 AM   #450
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron75 View Post
I suppose this scenario would be slightly more awkward face-to-face at a show, if a parent sends their child up to your table to haggle with you directly. Either way, a good life lesson for a young collector.
Had that as well, and usually the offer tends to be insulting at best. I've had several occasions where the parents have sent the kids up with way below the marked price and big puppy dog eyes. I just tell the kids sorry I can't sell it for that price and move on. Most of the time the parents come up to my table afterwards and try negotiate a more reasonable deal.