Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 04-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #21
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: Win MP Smokescreen & $500 in Prizes in ShelfLife Collector Wars Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
It would seem it's too late for that as I have noticed this morning. No point in the 360 photos as I have noticed they have disapeared from many catalogs
We don't actually delete anything on the backend. If they were yours and you have a list of the products I can review with the programmers to ensure all was not in vain.

Thanks for all the effort!

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #22
CBII
Animated

I opened my Kreon mircochanger catalog after getting an email stating there was a butt load of pics added....I just shook my head.

But I thank whoever wasted there time taking pics of every single kreon piece...someone somewhere is going to find that useful...Like later on down the road when buying these up on the used market at like a con or garage sale.

However the winners should be put on on the main page of the site not stupid twitter or horrible facebook...it's just common sense.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #23
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

If the left and right side of a figure look the same then I don't necessarily see the point of having both pics... that goes for bot, vehicle, and head shots. That's of course just my opinion.
I don't delete pics just because someone submitted them to get points, I just personally don't like HUGE galleries like seibertron.com with pics of every angle.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #24
Sam
Banned

I have deleted pics I find useless and will probably continue to do so.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #25
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
If the left and right side of a figure look the same then I don't necessarily see the point of having both pics... that goes for bot, vehicle, and head shots. That's of course just my opinion.
I don't delete pics just because someone submitted them to get points, I just personally don't like HUGE galleries like seibertron.com with pics of every angle.

Then the issue is where do we as curators, collectors and competitors draw the line or better yet what is the actual purpose of the photo gallery on shelflife? Is it based to be something like a transformerland where it shows figure and the accessories or like siebertron with the massive galleries? I don't mind either but from a curator perspective yes it becomes a huge load to go through. If that's the case and I think it was mentioned earlier pics can go through an approval process or give curators the ability to "lock off" pics. For example if there are enough pics uploaded to a curators satisfaction then they can stop any future submissions from being uploaded so there is less time cleaning them up. It took me two days to go through old shots and clean them up something like the kreo piece thing mentioned earlier, I had arms, legs and various other parts of bots uploaded into my catalog when all it asked for was the figure. But hey so goes life
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:10 AM   #26
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: Sponsor News: Win MP Smokescreen & $500 in Prizes in ShelfLife.net's Collector Wa

We should and will clarify our policy on galleries shortly across the board. The summary is like this:

1) Galleries are ideally professionally taken, consistent, and complete. White background are preferred, especially with the upcoming redesign of the catalog pages to 4 columns.

2) Galleries should be organized by priority, with MLC and MISB shots taking top billing, followed by each individual ITEM from as many angles as is necessary to ensure that even a brand new fan would not be confused (do I need right/left of G1 Megatron in robot mode? Nope. Should I keep it there in case someone else does? Yep.)

3) Someone trying to advertise their store or business via background signs or watermarks is going to get removed. A photographer contributing great photos with a discrete watermark should be left alone...they put in a ton of work and it improves the site content.

4) Don't delete photos, just move them out of the Public Gallery. The full gallery doesn't show anywhere but to the curator anyway, so leave it alone unless it's full of spam or total nonsense.

Cheers

James

Old 04-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #27
Sam
Banned
Re: Sponsor News: Win MP Smokescreen & $500 in Prizes in ShelfLife.net's Collector Wa

Sorry, not gonna happen, gonna delete junk when I see it so as not to have to sift through garbage to get at good photos.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #28
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Sorry, not gonna happen, gonna delete junk when I see it so as not to have to sift through garbage to get at good photos.
Hi Sam,

Remember as a curator you are not imbued with ultimate authority. Work with us to define what's crap and we'll ensure you have the tools you need to keep catalogs looking snappy.

James

Old 04-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #29
Sam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
Hi Sam,

Remember as a curator you are not imbued with ultimate authority. Work with us to define what's crap and we'll ensure you have the tools you need to keep catalogs looking snappy.

James
For the record, crap is 50 different photos of G1 soundwave.