Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #51
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions
Smile Re: Transformers ONLY for kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro View Post
Boxes say Ages 5+

Well I'm 5+ so I technically count don't I ? Boxes do not say Ages 5-10... but 5+
lol love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist Prime View Post
First of all, I can't make that promise! and secondly from the pics I've seen of the MIB one he seems to be a little taller than the Fallen but not by much.
Sweet. Cause I know The Fallen is up to Movie 1 Leader Primes Chest. I just wanted a reference because the videos on youtube compare him to figures I dont have and dont want. Now that I know hes taller than Fallen its a sure thing. Now all i need to figure out is how to hide that bar over his head. I might paint it black or metallic like my skids and mudflap customs to hide it better.

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #52
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Transformers ONLY for kids?

I was at at walmart a couple years ago. I was picking up some tranformers classics. starscream and hotrod.
I hear " mom, that guy has the ones I want...and theres no more left" . the woman said " my son likes the toys you have there, are they for your kids? I said no they were for me.
she said "well in that case, if you'd just hand them to him so we can be on our way, thanks" I said "i dont think so. " to this she replied " grow up, these are for kids and he has been collecting them for 3 years now".

I said that "good for him, i have been collecting for over 20 years
she asked me if I was joking, i said no. she countered with a "so... your not giving my son his toys, (screams) you bastard..." as she grab my arm and tried to take them from my hands. I said " nice manners you are teaching your kid...(looking at the kid) you have a terrible mom... i feel sorry for you". with that I called over an employee and had her removed from the store she was kicking and screaming
"grow up you sick f%^%k'er", " i hope you die horribly"
some people are so nice to collectors. Ive delt with a few others like that in my years of collecting.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #53
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post

I've even occasionally offered unsolicited advice to other adults browsing through trying to figure out "what that boy wants" or helping their kid decide on one figure or another.

Normally that sort of stuff doesn't really matter much, but in the last case I stopped a mother from picking up the the 25th anniversary G1 Prime which her 5 year old was considering and suggested Universe Onslaught for half the price. He didn't like that the box was smaller, but he liked the fact that it was a "tank".

I do that to, I also suggest that if there happens to be a sale in the area that they should go there, I'll also say if there has been alot of problems with a certin figures QC and if its hard to transform for his/her age. they always thank me and take my advice...I'll even help someone find the figs that they are looking for.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #54
OneShallFall
FoxtrotUnicornCharlieKilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro View Post
Boxes say Ages 5+

Well I'm 5+ so I technically count don't I ? Boxes do not say Ages 5-10... but 5+

NICE.I never thought of it that way.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #55
Unicrons_Domain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I was at at walmart a couple years ago. I was picking up some tranformers classics. starscream and hotrod.
I hear " mom, that guy has the ones I want...and theres no more left" . the woman said " my son likes the toys you have there, are they for your kids? I said no they were for me.
she said "well in that case, if you'd just hand them to him so we can be on our way, thanks" I said "i dont think so. " to this she replied " grow up, these are for kids and he has been collecting them for 3 years now".

she asked me if I was joking, i said no. she countered with a "so... your not giving my son his toys, (screams) you bastard..." as she grab my arm and tried to take them from my hands. I said " nice manners you are teaching your kid...(looking at the kid) you have a terrible mom... i feel sorry for you". with that I called over an employee and had her removed from the store she was kicking and screaming
some people are so nice to collectors. Ive delt with a few others like that in my years of collecting.
Nice! Dont take crap from these types of morons!

Last edited by Unicrons_Domain; 07-26-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: spelling error
Unicrons_Domain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #56
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:

Insane...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #57
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxanda View Post
My coworkers would probably give me a weird look if they saw me bring one of the TF toys from my store to the front cash.
Mine don't. And I have to bring them in from home.

I had a Employee name tag on a Jawa named Outini atop a computer monitor at work(visible to customers ) for about two years......

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:49 AM   #58
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions
Cool Re: Transformers ONLY for kids?

Quote:

Wow thats the most insane story I've ever heard. good on you for not giving up those figures!

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:53 AM   #59
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:

wow... thats funny lol...
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:32 PM   #60
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalprime View Post
Wow thats the most insane story I've ever heard. good on you for not giving up those figures!
I couldn't believe they were still MOC after that confrontation. I never did find those 2 figures again after that incident....glad I kept them, rodimus was a very hard figure to find...I wanted to have 2 of them, one MOC and the other on my shelf.
they are now on resting safely my shelf with the other classic/universe lines and not in pieces in some brats toy box, lol.

Tags
adult, jackalprime, kids, transformers