Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-31-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
IDW Comic Question (Not What You Think)

I just went comic book shopping today to get a few issues from my bin, finally, and it turns out that for some reason City of Fear Issue #4 was put in my bin twice. I now have the regular cover and Retro Incentive cover. Should I keep the RI Cover to trade or just take it back and exchange it for one of the issues I still need that I had to leave in my bin?

Is anybody here a Cover Variant collector who might still need a copy of City of Fear RI Cover Issue #4? With extra comics to trade?

I'm just not sure what I should do, normally I don't collect multiple covers, but I don't know when I can get back to the comic shop to pick up the other stuff, as I hate to just go in for one thing. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #2
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: IDW Comic Question (Not What You Think)

I think it just comes down to one thing. Do you like the cover? I really don't care too much about variant covers. My opinion is that they're just gimicks to get you to buy multiple issues. I guess they're kind of like TF repaints. Usually, I pick the cover I like best and get that. The last time I bought copies of the same issue of a comic for different covers was a few yrs ago. It was Justice League #1 and the two covers formed a poster of the whole team.

I don't know what Retro incentive cover is worth, but i'm assuming it's rarer than the reg covers, so if the cover's to your taste, why not get that? I don't know how much trading you do with your books, but for me, I treat purchased like this as if I'm going to be stuck with the item, so I better be happy with it.

Well, hopefully this long babble contains some helpful info.

Cheers