Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-13-2023, 10:01 AM   #81
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Who's Excited For Rise Of The Beasts!?

I saw it last night. Not mindnumbingly bad as TLK, or as stupid as AOE, or as annoying as Shia Lebouf and co screaming nonsense. It was enjoyable to watch, the humour was actually funny, and not just poop jokes and dominatrix dogs.

The action was cool, very cinematic, choreographed fights. Good use of slow motion whenever you needed to see stuff happening.

THAT IS NOT WHEELJACK!!! In no way shape or form is that Wheeljack. He shows up when they get to Peru, points them in the direction they were already going, and then acts as a cover fire guy for the rest of the battles. He's Pablo.

Airrazor doesn't transform, but has the most to do. Primal is as Primal does.
Cheetor and Rhinox do speak if you listen very closely, but they don't do anything or add anything. They transform, but you never really see their faces as they blur across the battle. Wasted characters, they might as well have been wallpaper.

Unicron. They played his theme song, very subtle. That was good. He did have some things reminiscent of the original 86 movie. But they pretty much shit clouded him. It was like watching Joss Whedon's Justice League. Clearly there was a good, and larger story there, but it all got cut out probably.

Those are my initial thoughts on it (without being too spoilery)
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 11:55 AM   #82
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

The biggest plot hole is trying to figure out which Gameboy game the brother was playing that has Bowser as an enemy Boss?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 11:15 PM   #83
VicRav
Machine War

Took my son to see it today. We both enjoyed it. I would put it ahead of Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon, the really bad Age of Extinction and the barely watchable The Last Knight.

Still annoyed by Wheeljack's colours. I don't mind his look alt or robot, but they could have least made his colouring provide nods to his normal colours. They did it a bit with Mirage's colours, so it is just ignorant/lazy that they didn't try with Wheeljack.

Didn't care for Stratosphere's voice. It was just jarring and unnecsessary.
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 11:30 PM   #84
pandaprime
aficionado!

I was not (excited). The Maximals should have been closer in size to the the humans like they were in the animated cartoon.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 01:52 AM   #85
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
I was not (excited). The Maximals should have been closer in size to the the humans like they were in the animated cartoon.
But then they would be absolutely tiny compared to the autobots. Which would have been very weird.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 02:45 AM   #86
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Finally saw fri afternoon so I can safely enter the thread.

i enjoyed it overall. I made my wife watch BB movie a few nights prior and she’s like, that movie is so slow compared to this one lol
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 03:13 AM   #87
alternatorfan
g1 baby

They are bigger than the autobots more powerful.
Hence fighting the terrorcons.
Primal bit the head off scorponok.
Thats how their portrayed.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 03:17 AM   #88
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
The biggest plot hole is trying to figure out which Gameboy game the brother was playing that has Bowser as an enemy Boss?
Their fiction/fact writers are not good.
Just throw gameboy and Bowser and you got a sell to see mario.
Sneaky.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 07:27 AM   #89
justprime
Animated

I enjoyed the movie and its eye candy visionally special effects that said the script wasnt top shelf and I really really cant see g1 prime with a mouth,.. more attention needs to be paid stay true to G1 folks ,..that is not wheel jack ( should have kept robot form from B movie) wish they would ditch the bayish feel, less humans in spot light ( they were ever really only supporting and this has been the bane ever since first bay movie forward) bring on the bots thats what its about the bots... beasts should have been real animal size as it was in beast wars i am sure they could have worked out the plot just being lazy in this respect,.. it would have been nice to see more of the other beasts and what the fk Gary chalk is and always will be primal ... get some one who really understands G1/ beast wars to assist cause dam we backed up a bit on this one , there s my bitch list ...liked visuals the beast designs were great and should have been exploited /expanded on, unicron cool but a little early though ,.. hope next movie they bring in the leader of the decepticons as correct me if I am wrong yet to see one .. all in all it was a few hours for me not wasted but not as appeasing as the b movie just the way i feet about it,.. felt to bayish and a step back for me as i have said hoping the next installment steps forward
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 12:27 PM   #90
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

sorry if this has been asked but is any themed merch at the Cineplex theatres? I'm going soon and hoping for something cool and or fun to pick up

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotb