Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-26-2016, 03:31 AM   #21
Shock
Generation 2
Re: Coolectorfest- Pop & Geek Culture Show Calgary Oct 22,2016

I bought way too much stuff! You might recognise your former possessions! You guys were fantastic, especially at end-of-day blowout! I could see myself blowing out similar deals too to clear space pretty soon. I can't fit anything in my tiny apartment after this. Fort Max is wider than my TV in base mode!

Thanks especially to omegacanuck, General Tekno, and RaidenisOP. Great location too. Did you know there's a buffet in the basement? I just ate there today with some co-workers and there was a ton of food from Chinese to Indian (butter chicken, etc.)

Last edited by Shock; 10-26-2016 at 03:35 AM.
Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:33 PM   #22
RaidenisOP
Plastic Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock View Post
I bought way too much stuff! You might recognise your former possessions! You guys were fantastic, especially at end-of-day blowout! I could see myself blowing out similar deals too to clear space pretty soon. I can't fit anything in my tiny apartment after this. Fort Max is wider than my TV in base mode!

Thanks especially to omegacanuck, General Tekno, and RaidenisOP. Great location too. Did you know there's a buffet in the basement? I just ate there today with some co-workers and there was a ton of food from Chinese to Indian (butter chicken, etc.)

Awesome haul! Glad to see Soundwave and Blaster found a new home Debated picking up the Takara Fort Max while I was there but I was trying to make money instead of spending it lol!

Feedback Thread
RaidenisOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:12 PM   #23
Soundwave77
Generation 1

Quote:
How's the feedback from everyone? Any thoughts as to running it again? The movie was hard to see but that was down to projector quality and bright lights in the gym.
The movie had some logistical problems. We couldn't darken the lights due to the vendors. The sound system was a let down. Paid extra to use their new sound system but the venue only had rig up a last minute analogue systems.

Overall the show was a success. Had 750 visitors for our first time show. Guest and vendors were all happy. We will be doing CollectorFEST 2.0 for Oct 2017. Please check out the Facebook page for updates on the show www.facebook/collectorfestcalgary.

We are hoping to organize some toy themed meet ups before the next show.

Last edited by Soundwave77; 11-01-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Soundwave77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #24
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave77 View Post
The movie had some logistical problems. We couldn't darken the lights due to the vendors. The sound system was a let down. Paid extra to use their new sound system but the venue only had rig up a last minute analogue systems.

Overall the show was a success. Had 750 visitors for our first time show. Guest and vendors were all happy. We will be doing CollectorFEST 2.0 for Oct 2017. Please check out the Facebook page for updates on the show www.facebook/collectorfestcalgary.

We are hoping to organize some toy themed meet ups before the next show.
You're missing the .com in the Facebook link.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #25
PrimeBane
Generation 1

Quote:
How's the feedback from everyone? Any thoughts as to running it again? The movie was hard to see but that was down to projector quality and bright lights in the gym.
For a first time show, I really enjoyed it. Decent number of vendors was nice. I may look at setting up my own table in the future to sell off excess collectibles.

My only minor complaint would be some of stores that set up tables. At least when I was there, it was regular price for pretty much everything. They should be encouraged to offer a deal or two. Even $10 or so off and I would have bought more. Bottom line, I can go to their stores for regular pricing.
PrimeBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:55 PM   #26
RaidenisOP
Plastic Spark

Here is the correct link for the facebook page. Also you can contact myself or Soundwave77 via direct message if you have any questions or concerns that you would rather voice in private.

www.facebook.com/collectorfestcalgary

Feedback Thread
RaidenisOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 06:45 AM   #27
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Glad to hear the inaugural show was a successful enough to warrant another gathering next year.

This event was a roller coast ride for me personally. Going into the start of October, I wasn't expecting to go as I couldn't get out of work. Then a week before the show, someone else at work approached me to swap shifts with them and I suddenly freed up.

Was excited to go and was grateful that Soundwave77 got me a trading table even though I was last minute and they were already sold out, but then on the Friday just 1 day before the show, the health of our cat of took a turn for the worse and I had to back out of the show last minute. We eventually put him to rest forever the day after the show. He would've turned 18 this coming February.

It's unfortunate I missed the show, and I'm very sorry to Soundwave77 for ditching out on it after he went out of his way for me to get me a trading table, but I hope to be able to make it next time.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote