Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-26-2015, 02:47 PM   #11
Pascal
Banned
Re: Will we ever see MP combiners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
Do you think there will ever be an MP Megs?
December 2016 or March 2017.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:53 PM   #12
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
So Blitzwing and Astrotrain... I could get behind that heck ya
I'd rather see Springer than either of those two clowns.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:58 PM   #13
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

MP combiner are a definite possibility as they know collectors will pay the price whether it be $500 or $1000. Triple Changers yes and I am sure we will see one soon. Version 2.0 Megatron is coming I also see them making him a gun as we are getting SHOCKWAVE as a gun I already sold my Apollyon in hopes of this as it is now a very good chance he is coming soon as in the next year.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:05 PM   #14
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
I agree with what you said, but what if they marketed not as a set but as individual bots. Much like what some of the 3rd party combiners are doing. For example Warbotron, Unique Toys, TFC all release the individual bots every couple months until the combiner is completed. A bit easier to swallow then getting hit with a combined price tag.
I can understand the logic behind staggering releases but as an impatient collector I wish they would just all come at once a la maketoys green giant gift set. I have 3 warbotron computron pieces sitting there in limb form just waiting to be completed.

Jones makes some good points regarding broader target marketing appeal with single bot releases, so I also don't forsee mp combiners.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #15
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
I just don't see Hasbro/Takara devoting what would essentially be an entire year (perhaps two years) of MP figure development time and launches for a combiner when they can continue to produce two or three individual bots in the MP line each year and appeal to a broader collector base and hit lower price points.

My two cents.
2 or 3 ? where have you been this last year lol. Looks like TT has been getting better at seeing that collectors are impatient and will pay premium prices on 3rd party stuff and they want that market back. I am sure that they are scratching thier heads trying to figure out how they can do Combiners as either a package deal or individual releases and I can see them doing the individually release and in a gift pack ala G1 style
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:20 PM   #16
laffy
Crossover

Man I would love to be a fly within Hasbro and takara office as like Many are saying about they are trying to figure out what to do next but sadly they need to just jump and hope for the best as 3rd party are kicking ass lately if this continues many may not even buy true MPs any more as the 3rd party's are making them better and coming out much faster .
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:24 PM   #17
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I don't see any reason why they don't make triple changer like what they did with some CHUG figures. Also, it's pretty obvious that there is a market for these 3rd party combiner, so I think they will probably do it down the road.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:35 PM   #18
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

MP Combiners? Yah it's called Victory Saber
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #19
CAF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
December 2016 or March 2017.
Just found this....

(Source: tformers.com)

TFormers sponsor RobotKingdom has posted a rumor on their Facebook page stating that a new MP-25 Megatron is in the works and will be released after Star Saber.

Though this should be treated strictly as a rumor at this time, one might speculate that this news is in response to the overall positive reactions fans have been giving to a 3rd party Megatron like figure being released by XTransbots.
Stay tuned to Tformers.com for more details as they are made available. Your best resource for all the Transformers news and community every day.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #20
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

I think Takara will never make MP combiners.

Before the hateration piles up let me clarify I'd love to see an official, 3 foot tall MP Devastator in my lifetime but IMO they won't be an easy sell at the TRU Hasbro North American stage.

Every Takara MP mold up to MP-20 (except for Takara MP-5 and MP-12) has seen a North American Hasbro release. I believe Takara/Hasbro plans their releases based on possbile multiple returns on that mold (i.e., recolours, retools, Hasbro versions). MP Combiners would be a hard sell on TRU shelves because they'd be too expensive.

Some may argue Combiner Wars Devasator on TRU shelves points to the viability of an MP Devy down the line but I'd argue that CW-quality versus MP-quality are two different things. An MP Devastator would not be priced under $200 CAD.

6 x MP Constructicons, each scaled slightly shorter than the MP-11 mold (if they want to be show accurate), with the build quality to justify the "Masterpiece" moniker, with the wishful thinking price of $80 CAD each would make the whole set just under $500 CAD.

No one would buy that off a TRU shelf. Maybe us PC-addicted might consider that price from a specialty retailer but even then $500 CAD total is wishful thinking.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote