Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-08-2015, 08:45 AM   #11
Xtreme987
Metroplex
Re: What are the best Insecticons?

Does Fans Project Insecticons count ? If so that's my choice.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 09-08-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:34 AM   #12
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
How do they scale beside MP-10?
Here's a pic of the badcube ones for scale against Apollyon.

And here's the older fansproject ninja Insecticons.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #13
elburrito
Animated

@timcrook, dude your shelf is looking awesome. Is that Maketoys Reflector?

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #14
DuG
Titanium

@timcrook, what's up with Ravage in that first pic, is he drunk?
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:03 PM   #15
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
@timcrook, dude your shelf is looking awesome. Is that Maketoys Reflector?
Thanks. Yes that is Maketoys Reflector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuG View Post
@timcrook, what's up with Ravage in that first pic, is he drunk?
He is doing a trick like animals in circuses do. lol. Actually, it is mmc cynicus that I posed as drunk.

Last edited by timcrook; 09-08-2015 at 02:05 PM.
timcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #16
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Best is subjective, do you want quality or aesthetics? And if you want aesthetics, do you want cartoon accurate or toy accurate?

BadCube, MakeToys, Fans Toys and Mastermind Creations all have Insecticon sets coming out soon and I'm guessing the quality on all of them is going to be similar to past releases:
- BadCube will be sub-par and be mostly plastic. It'll feel like it's going to break in your hands and the transformation will be a headache.
- MakeToys will be quite cool with average plastic but won't be as close to the Generation 1 aesthetic.
- Mastermind Creations will have better plastic and a really cool transformation, plus the colour scheme will be very close to Generation 1.
- Fans Toys will probably have the best quality plastic and best transformation, plus all the die-cast parts and extra pieces included with the figures.

That's generally how it goes with every release from these companies, the ones that hold off and release last usually take more time to get it right. Getting the first set that comes out is going to give you a weaker collection in the end, you're better off waiting and getting the best releases of each figure. Your collection will show it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
Theres only one set of mp scaled insecticons out now and they are from badcube (value package version). I haven't read of problems about them.

There are special versions of the set from badcube as well as other insecticons from other companies and so far, best is based on what they look like cause they are not out so no real reviews or info, so it is personal preference on what is best.
There are reviews online of all the BadCube figures and also FansToys Grenadier. Reviews are posted prior to release.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:46 PM   #17
CAF
Banned

I like the way you think @Sir Prime A Lot.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #18
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
BadCube, MakeToys, Fans Toys and Mastermind Creations all have Insecticon sets coming out soon and I'm guessing the quality on all of them is going to be similar to past releases:
- BadCube will be sub-par and be mostly plastic. It'll feel like it's going to break in your hands and the transformation will be a headache.
- MakeToys will be quite cool with average plastic but won't be as close to the Generation 1 aesthetic.
- Mastermind Creations will have better plastic and a really cool transformation, plus the colour scheme will be very close to Generation 1.
- Fans Toys will probably have the best quality plastic and best transformation, plus all the die-cast parts and extra pieces included with the figures.

That's generally how it goes with every release from these companies, the ones that hold off and release last usually take more time to get it right. Getting the first set that comes out is going to give you a weaker collection in the end, you're better off waiting and getting the best releases of each figure. Your collection will show it.

There are reviews online of all the BadCube figures and also FansToys Grenadier. Reviews are posted prior to release.
I would have to disagree on the Badcube feeling like it will fall apart in your hands BC is leaps and bounds better quality then KFC Xtransbots and Unique Toys of which I have products from all three and I have to say that to me ever since Cubex became Badcube they stepped thier game up huge and I would say that the Transformation on Wardog was a bit scary but the Insecticons feel like Brawny does solid with a nice smooth transformation.

Like I said before FT is Killing it but is getting very ambitious with what they are bringing to the table if you think they will have all 3 done by this time next year I would say not likely as we were supposed to have all 5 core Dinos by now and now they have Hound, Refelctor, Insecticons and Dinos on the table and god know what else I would say that the company needs to sit down and bang out some Dinos before getting into to many projects.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #19
Rev
Addict

From pictures I prefer the Fanstoys product.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:15 PM   #20
timcrook
Cybertron

Yes the bad cube Insecticons are mostly plastic and the fans toys ones have metal. For me, having metal doesn't mean it is better. Cheap plastic are the $3 "transformers" from dollaramma. The plastic in the bad cube Insecticons are not crap.

One gimick the bad cube ones have that I like is the grey chest on bombshell in robot mode and purple on alt mode.