Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-16-2017, 05:12 PM   #10011
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
No, I got a good deal on one without the missile from a board member. Jetfire exists solely to be Prime's backpack. I'm selling off the rest of my Bayverse figures except Evasion Mode OP and maybe HFTD Bee.
OK no problem.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:36 PM   #10012
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica_Unforgiven View Post
They definitely allow a table split. CKWG and myself split a table back in November. That crowd was smaller so we hope this March show picks up. Yeah as for you guys (rocket and kirbenvost), if you guys get tables in April i will be more motivated to rebook for April 22 as well. Come say hello to me on March 25. I will have two wall tables and wearing a Canucks jersey.
Thanks, good to know splitting a table is okay. I probably won't make the March show but if I do I'll definitely take a look and say hi!

Hmm, I just noticed TRU has no more listings for Titans Return except Legends Stripes. Just out of stock or have they decided to stop carrying the line? I'm paranoid they're going to drop it in favor of the next Bayverse line...
Old 03-16-2017, 10:41 PM   #10013
Msol
Titanium

Man this show is sounding more and more tempting. I always thought the Scottish cultural centre swap meets were always weak sauce. What's changed? Who got everyone keen to show up?
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:47 AM   #10014
CKWG
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
Man this show is sounding more and more tempting. I always thought the Scottish cultural centre swap meets were always weak sauce. What's changed? Who got everyone keen to show up?
Yup you are totally right, when I was there at the show 4 yrs ago, there was very few Transformers, and more so Computer parts. The computer parts table have been dying out throughout the years. This show on March 25 is going to have a huge positive change, moving towards mainly Action Figures.

Due to having no more Retro and Relevant for almost two years now and no more Metrocons, some of the sellers that used to sell there are looking for other outlets to sell. Therefore, a bunch of them decide to get together and all show up at once to the Scottish Cultural Center Show this March 25th.

We have Metallica_Unforgiven to thank for as the organizer of this movement as he believes he can turn this to a much better show for Transformers and Action Figure fans and give the sellers from Retro & Relevant / Metrocon an outlet that some of them desperately need.

I'm not going to be a dealer this time, just consigning a few items to a table there, but I will for sure attend to support my fellow local Transformers/Action Figure fans and friends, and relive my enjoyment from past shows such as RnR & Metrocon.

Last edited by CKWG; 03-17-2017 at 02:27 AM.
CKWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:15 AM   #10015
Metallica_Unforgiven
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKWG View Post
Yup you are totally right, when I was there at the show 4 yrs ago, there was very few Transformers, and more so Computer parts. The computer parts table have been dying out throughout the years. This show on March 25 is going to have a huge positive change, moving towards mainly Action Figures.

Due to having no more Retro and Relevant for almost two years now and no more Metrocons, some of the sellers that used to sell there are looking for other outlets to sell. Therefore, a bunch of them decide to get together and all show up at once to the Scottish Cultural Center Show this March 25th.

We have Metallica_Unforgiven to thank for as the organizer of this movement as he believes he can turn this to a much better show for Transformers and Action Figure fans and give the sellers from Retro & Relevant / Metrocon an outlet that some of them desperately need.

I'm not going to be a dealer this time, but I will for sure attend to support my fellow local Transformers/Action Figure fans and friends, and relive my enjoyment from past shows such as RnR & Metrocon.

Yes, thanks for this, CKWG.

It is indeed true that the computer side of the show has gotten smaller. At the end of the November event, CKWG and I did a walkthrough and counted the ratio of computer tables to collectibles ones. There were maybe 5 computer related tables compared to 40 "collectible" tables, though collectibles ranged from action figures, to comics, gaming, sports items, DVDs etc.

Simultaneously, there were a lot of whispers of collectors and vendors still chomping at the bit for a better toy show in town.

Around January, I pitched the idea to Verne, the organizer of the Pop Culture (Scottish Centre) show, about reaching out to some action figure vendors I know and organizing a "Retro & Modern Invasion" of action figures. While he loved the idea, he couldn''t officially alienate his other collectible types (gaming, comics, even computers etc), but essentially gave me the green light to go call up my contacts in the toy dealer circle to book tables.

The result here will be that rather than launching a new toy related show, we could use an existing show as a platform and occupy a significant amount of tables.

It took a lot of text messages and a bit of arm twisting, but it seemed like there was a lot of interest overall.

After a lot of time spent pumping this particular March 25 show on Facebook, Craigslist, and now these message boards, tables sold out and now people are talking.

Perhaps the idea is crazy. Perhaps it won't work, but I figured it was worth a try. In this situation, we don't need to wait for a new toy show as there's a lot of startup effort involved (booking a venue, website creation, table bookings, scheduling etc), as that would already be done for us if we used an existing venue.

Anyway, hope to see many of you on the 25th.

Oh and one final note - stud dealer CKWG won't be entirely absent from vending. I'll have some of his great items at my tables

Sorry for the long post.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:58 AM   #10016
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Been waiting for the return of R and R so looking forward to this, err version
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:05 AM   #10017
Metallica_Unforgiven
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
Been waiting for the return of R and R so looking forward to this, err version
Hopefully this version is well received, Hank. This wont be a full replacement of the lofty standard set by RnR. But if its anywhere near as good as RnR was, i would call it a success. Part of the hall will still have non-toy items, but if attendance is high, dealers will probably come back for future shows and new toy dealers will come on board.

As a community we can work from there and see whether the follow-up Pop Culture shows in April, October and November this year can be good as well.

Last edited by Metallica_Unforgiven; 03-17-2017 at 03:25 AM.
Metallica_Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #10018
Blitzwing
Armada

Well you guys sold me, I'm going to try to make it on March 25th.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:14 PM   #10019
Msol
Titanium

Yup, I'll be coming too. First time at this one -- you've sold me on it.

Prior to this were tables selling out?

Also, thanks for the history. Really appreciate the effort y'all put in!
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #10020
Metallica_Unforgiven
Generation 1
Smile Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
Yup, I'll be coming too. First time at this one -- you've sold me on it.

Prior to this were tables selling out?

Also, thanks for the history. Really appreciate the effort y'all put in!

If I recall correctly, the October and December 2016 events sold tables out 2-4 days before. The November event I vended at sold out the morning of the show (during setup). So this March one may have been their fastest sellout.

Constant Collectibles will be among the vendors there next week though i dont know if they will have 1 or 2 tables (they has 2 in November). I'll get a hold of my friends at Canadian Comics as well to load up on more IDW and Marvel related Transformers/GI Joe stuff, as they had 2-3 tables at the last several shows.

I will also be pricing some of my Transformers figures this weekend and cross referencing this weekend with my friends about what everyone is bringing. I know some guys will show up with boxed and loose G1 and MP figures, plus some carded CHUG items.

Guess we can unofficially call this event RnR-lite.