Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-15-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan
Unhappy Heed My Warning: Keep Thy Passport Safe!

Well I had a couple of days of hell this week as due to putting my passport through the washing machine after Botcon. Turned out I did have to get a new one for my upcoming trip down to the US in November, even though it really did not look all that bad.

However not only did I have to fill out all the forms, getting new pictures taken, paying the fee again and such then get a lawyer to fill out a form saying it was damaged, it turns out because it was "damaged" they will now be putting in a generically worded "extra page" into my new passport saying my last one was "damaged and or lost". This means that if I ever lose it or it gets damaged apparently they put you on some sort of a security watch list which the girl and the passport office described as "a very bad thing".

Needless to say I will be protecting my new one with my life when it arrives so just a warning to others as I was really put through the ringer over this And all because I ran it through the damn wash.

Last edited by soundwaveCA; 09-15-2007 at 07:06 PM.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
Autovolt 127
Animated
Re: Heed My Warning: Keep Thy Passport Safe!

Sorry to hear that Soundwave.ca.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:37 AM   #3
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Sorry about that, just a tip I always put mine in a travel wallet that can be hidden under clothing. You can get them cheap at wal-mart.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #4
JLvatron
Chosen 1

There's so many ways to be harassedby customs. A TF fan's wife next to me in India was harassed caused there was some residue mark on her passport and they claimed she removed a sticker and was hiding things.
It took them days to resolve.

I showed the fan my passport which is filled with holes and glue residue from stuff that was legitmiately removed.
Point is some folks are just incompetent scum. But Yes Soundwave, precautions are always a good thing. Maybe I'll buy a protector too.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #5
EnragedCoconut
Machine War

I've heard of fines and increase security regarding replacement passports after loss however never damage. That seems a bit extreme imo.

The loss issue I can sort of understand as I suppose they don't want people running around "losing" their passports and selling them to the highest bidder. However, when you've got a damaged passport to return to them showing that it clearly is still in your possession, I don't understand the big deal.

Was it damaged beyond all recognition that it was even a passport to begin with?

EC