Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
mikedaddyco
Generation 1
KO vs YOTH MP-10

I just wanted to get your thoughts on the KO MP-10. I am seeing some sample shots of the MP-10 now, and it looks pretty good. If you were never able to get the ToysRUs MP-10, would you rather get the YOTH Prime? Or would you rather get the KO version that at least has a more accurate paint job.

I know the KO version does not come with the trailer, but even if it did, I would never take that out to display anyway.
mikedaddyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Re: KO vs YOTH MP-10

I would buy the Hasbro or takara if you don't like YOTH. Unless the KO is 60 dollars or something.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

I'm usually not the one to tout "special" or "limited" editions but having had YOTH Prime inhand and owning a few versions of the MP10 mold I'd say go for Horsey Prime unless reviews prove the KO to be on par with the Hasbro product.

GoldenPrime is actually quite impressive in person. The gold isn't as gaudy as you think and the fantastic mold overrides the bling anyways. Bummer that it doesn't come with Roller (no Spike isn't a huge loss...go for Dr Wu's DW-P06 Partners instead).

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 02-28-2014 at 02:29 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #4
justprime
Animated

The Ko market has come along way.. just as third party has.. as far as quailty of plastics etc depending on the price and quality of the piece it may be a viable alternative to solving your MP10 wants,... again Hasbros big mistake in not producing and distributing enough MP10 in the first place,. is another reason this sort of product will flourish,.... Is Hasbro even paying attention? As for yoth prime dont try to find it at Toysrus again another 1 case of 2 per store makes this a treasure hunt best to go to the web,.. prices are higher but you can get an official piece, good luck
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
(/'-')/ Peanut
Machine War

Last I looked, I saw the KO MP10 on Ebay listed for above 100$. Unfortunately I cannot find the link anymore. Unless the quality of the KO is near 100% (which is actually possible) of the HasTak one, i'd rather pay extra for a genuine MP10.
(/'-')/ Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by (/'-')/ Peanut View Post
Last I looked, I saw the KO MP10 on Ebay listed for above 100$. Unfortunately I cannot find the link anymore.
Here it is. Wow...where the frak do KO company's get their molds from? Looks impressive save for a few gaps here and there. But Prime without his trailer is painfully incomplete, IMHO.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #7
Deception
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Here it is. Wow...where the frak do KO company's get their molds from? Looks impressive save for a few gaps here and there. But Prime without his trailer is painfully incomplete, IMHO.
that is the most retarded thing i have ever seen in my life. how do you justify paying that much for a ko. mp10 or not. just pay a bit more and you can own a legit one. just buy the yoth one. i don't care how high quality kos are they shouldn't be anywhere above the 100$ mark. also without the trailer too? waste of money man. the colours on yoth might not be accurate but its still an official toy and it comes with the trailer too. also even though the colours on it might not be accurate it doesn't mean its a bad looking figure. i would want a yoth optimus but i have a takara already and i rather spend my other tf funds on other tfs.

Last edited by Deception; 02-28-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #8
mikedaddyco
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Like I said, I would not be displaying it with the trailer even if it came with it. But I know what you mean. I just don't have the shelf space.
mikedaddyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #9
mcmus
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedaddyco View Post
Like I said, I would not be displaying it with the trailer even if it came with it. But I know what you mean. I just don't have the shelf space.
Leave the trailer in the package and just display the OP then. I will buy the YOTH OP over the KO regardless it comes with the trailer or not.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #10
dingd0ng
Nexus Maximus

I did the same, left the trailer in the box and only displayed the OP. I already have the original trailer that came with MP10 displayed. Will definitely not buy KO over the YOTH.
dingd0ng is offline   Reply With Quote