Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #41
DCompose
Robot Master
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

KOs. Hate them. Always have, always will. Especially those for newer stuff, like the Generations lines or Masterpieces.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:44 PM   #42
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

If they're going to do reissues, how about giving us ones we've never gotten before?!
Old 10-12-2018, 10:17 PM   #43
Pascal
Banned

Multiple 3rd party versions of recent MP figures.

MP 1:1 KO
MP 1:1 improved KO
MP OS KO
etc.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:48 PM   #44
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Main b*tching will be lack of options for retail shops
WM, TRU and absolutely buttf*cking goose-egg anything else

Most other big dept stores don't even have toy sections anymore, I remember being able to hit up Zellers for older figs that hadn't sold in years, good times
Sears, The Bay, closed or on the way out, no toy sections either

Comic shop in town has a CW G2 Menasor for (Christ I forget) like $175-$190, that's beyond even eBay scalper level

Really wish I hadn't been poor as sh*t during TFCC's website clearancing sale
The discounts were insane and getting insane-er, I was stupid and dreamed the stuff I was after could get to (idk) 70% off or something, instead I ended up never taking a swing at all before stock dried up

Only got one damned Detolf and wish I could display more figs without stuff getting dusty

Wish Prime Wars had given us little figs for more Masterforce characters, watching it with my kid and all the little figs that I could muster (POTP Metalhawk, Lander, Phoenix, Blood, Gilmer, Dauros, TR Fangry for Wilder)
Wish GrandMax's preorder fiasco didn't rob us of a Diver
God help me, I'm thinking of getting the Takara Legends Wheelie and Highbrow JUST so that I can have a little Shuta and a blue car for him (also considering another TR Loudmouth just for the car for Minerva, same reason)

Gonna stop, post too long
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 04:46 AM   #45
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Main b*tching will be lack of options for retail shops
WM, TRU and absolutely buttf*cking goose-egg anything else

Most other big dept stores don't even have toy sections anymore, I remember being able to hit up Zellers for older figs that hadn't sold in years, good times
Sears, The Bay, closed or on the way out, no toy sections either

Comic shop in town has a CW G2 Menasor for (Christ I forget) like $175-$190, that's beyond even eBay scalper level

Really wish I hadn't been poor as sh*t during TFCC's website clearancing sale
The discounts were insane and getting insane-er, I was stupid and dreamed the stuff I was after could get to (idk) 70% off or something, instead I ended up never taking a swing at all before stock dried up

Only got one damned Detolf and wish I could display more figs without stuff getting dusty

Wish Prime Wars had given us little figs for more Masterforce characters, watching it with my kid and all the little figs that I could muster (POTP Metalhawk, Lander, Phoenix, Blood, Gilmer, Dauros, TR Fangry for Wilder)
Wish GrandMax's preorder fiasco didn't rob us of a Diver
God help me, I'm thinking of getting the Takara Legends Wheelie and Highbrow JUST so that I can have a little Shuta and a blue car for him (also considering another TR Loudmouth just for the car for Minerva, same reason)

Gonna stop, post too long
I have a question for you. What's with the interest in Masterforce and the other older Japanese series? I see people all excited about that LG-EX Big Powered figure and I'm like WHO? Was Masterforce ever on TV here and I missed it as a kid or in HK or something? Was it in Japanese or did they redub it? Did you see it as a kid or when you were older at a convention or something? I was a big anime fan a number of years ago and those old TF shows never showed up on my radar when I was watching 80s stuff like Dirty Pair, Urusei Yatsura, Gundam etc.. I bought Overlord, I kinda dig the figure, but have no idea who he is or where he came from without looking him up on the wiki.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:05 AM   #46
alternatorfan
g1 baby
Question Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCompose View Post
KOs. Hate them. Always have, always will. Especially those for newer stuff, like the Generations lines or Masterpieces.
Agree.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🚂🚂🚂🚂📼📼📼🎒💾💾💾🎒
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #47
JonoPrime
Robot Master

The amount of Bumblebee figures released over the past 10 years or so, and my constant obsession to find the BEST version ... And then trying to explain to friends and family my ever expanding yellow Volkswagen collection, lol.

Next up MP movie BB!
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:14 AM   #48
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
I dunno if I could justify 30 for a deluxe. I doubt that will happen though. MAYBE 22.99 but not 29.99. Time to keep track of sales and hold on to receipts for price adjustments.
I hate to say it, but I can confirm from some info that came my way that there are siege deluxe computer listings for 29.99. I would say you can safely get used to the studio series price points for deluxe, voyager and Leader. I assume the Micromasters sets price will be the going Legends price noe and apparently the battlemasters will still be 7.99, like Prime and titan masters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
I have a question for you. What's with the interest in Masterforce and the other older Japanese series? I see people all excited about that LG-EX Big Powered figure and I'm like WHO? Was Masterforce ever on TV here and I missed it as a kid or in HK or something? Was it in Japanese or did they redub it? Did you see it as a kid or when you were older at a convention or something? I was a big anime fan a number of years ago and those old TF shows never showed up on my radar when I was watching 80s stuff like Dirty Pair, Urusei Yatsura, Gundam etc.. I bought Overlord, I kinda dig the figure, but have no idea who he is or where he came from without looking him up on the wiki.
Masterforce nor any of the Japanese series aired here when we were kids. There are some poorly done dubs of some stuff, called the Star TV dubs, I think (?) Anyway, the series animation style and overall tone for story telling very much changes from those of North American to Japan. It is interesting to see that, though I don't dig that the solution to anything dire is some bloody mega, ultra, super blah blah nonsense lol. Still the series are worth checking out. In order, I believe, is Headmasters, Super-God Masterforce, Victory and the 1 episode of Zone, which is exactly where Dai Atlas and the Big Powered characters come from. I just wish we could get Violin Jigger now too. If you want to go a step further, beast wars is also added to with Beast Wars 2 and Neo.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:22 AM   #49
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
I have a question for you. What's with the interest in Masterforce and the other older Japanese series?
A few things, but mainly its Generations reigniting the interest
Probably started with TR Sky Shadow, a really cool figure that for all intents & purposes should have been Thunderwing, but instead we got something that most western fans would have been like "question mark?"
But he was wicked, so I bought in
Shortly after followed by TR Overlord, character of which had their popularity foreshadowed by IDW, again even if you never saw the Japanese show
Sure, I just bought the mold in SkyShadow, but re-tooling was significant enough, and plus for all his popularity, figured I'd buy in, and wasn't disappointed
The strength set also contained that Deluxe Metalhawk, and a "SuperGinrai" - I was after the clone and the TidalWave, and of course the at-the-time rumour of a western Godbomber release made getting the Ginrai seem like a no-brainer (even though I bought the 1st wave Hasbro PMOP on sight cause G1 PMOP was an all time favourite, still miffed about how we all got played with that mold's release sequence btw)
POTP was probably what tipped the scale, finally giving us a bunch of pretenders, prominently favouring the Masterforce pretenders (only Bludgeon & Octopunch otherwise)
I hadn't bought LGEX GodGinrai, and everyone making a big deal of the Minerva & Cab heads - trying to support lady TFs to show a better representation to my daughter, and Minerva's relatively famous as another early lady TF, but we're not getting her G1 fig anytime soon, so

All these things together, figured I should start watching Masterforce, and lol and behold it's all on YouTube
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:13 PM   #50
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Lack of new G1 MP. MP-39 was last new mold and it was released back in Dec 2017. There's actually no new G1 MP release in 2018 at all other recolour and reissue. Hopefully Takara is only showing down because of the 2 every expensive BW MP releases this year and we will see some new G1 MP in 2019.