Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-03-2020, 12:26 AM   #1
Brian12
Machine War
Good sites to order figures?

I'd prefer going to stores for my figures in person but since this pandemic has closed all of em but Walmart indefinitely I wanna know what my online ordering options are.

I've used Amazon before but their selection and prices aren't always ideal, I'm thinking of ordering stuff from EB Games and Toys R Us. If anybody here has ordered from those sites, what are your experiences with em? Are the shipping times quick/slow? Do the packages arrive in good condition/damaged?
*Legacy Armada Starscream and Animated Optimus Prime
Brian12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:36 AM   #2
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
Re: Good sites to order figures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian12 View Post
I'd prefer going to stores for my figures in person but since this pandemic has closed all of em but Walmart indefinitely I wanna know what my online ordering options are.

I've used Amazon before but their selection and prices aren't always ideal, I'm thinking of ordering stuff from EB Games and Toys R Us. If anybody here has ordered from those sites, what are your experiences with em? Are the shipping times quick/slow? Do the packages arrive in good condition/damaged?

Dunno about EB orders. I've only bought 2-3 figures from them and it was all ER wave 1 stuff back in early March.

TRU is fine and ships quick enough if they have stock. I think curbside pick up is a thing still with them as well? I've not had any damages to my orders with them either but shit happens on occasion I'm sure.

tftoys.ca - expensive shipping but if buying lots it could work out, selective buying if you will. Ship time is fast and in good condition.

agesthreeandup.ca - never tried but I hear good things and I got pre-orders with them for scorp and skylinx at great pricing relative to the rest.

I've also done BBTS and Entertainment Earth and TF Source. Expensive after shipping and conversion, shipping takes over a week sometimes, never dinged for duties so far. Arrives in great condition. I've only used them about 5 times when I was playing catch-up to some older generations lines.

Placing an add in the "Wanted" section may help out? Also going over sale threads of board members as some may have what you want in case you didn't check yet?

Also kijiji, perhaps people are feeling an economic pinch due to the world being fucked up, could catch a deal there? I know I listed stuff for cheap just to clear my "im done with you" figures.

Try not buying from China, they've given us enough......

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 04-03-2020 at 06:52 AM.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:52 AM   #3
UnicornIRL
Generation 1

I've purchased several times from TFSource and Big Bad Toy Store and had good experiences with both. Packages arrived within 3 or 4 weeks in good condition and only once did I get hit by the Hammer of Customs. The Canadian dollar has been slipping and I haven't bought from them in about 6 months.

I also bought from The Toy Trove and that was fast because it was within the province. Good prices too, managed to get a bunch of stuff on sale.

Currently waiting on an A3U pre-order for the Ghostbusterformer; I can't speak to the shipping time/condition for that because it hasn't shipped yet, but the price was good and they hadn't yet sold out of pre-orders like the other online stores.
UnicornIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:22 AM   #4
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

I echo all the above except BBTS. Never again will I use them. Every single time, had to pay customs, and not a little bit, a lot, like the cost of the shipment doubled a lot
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:54 AM   #5
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Ages 3 and up! Canadian store I’m (sort of) glad I don’t live too close to as it would break me! Terry’stfsclub is good too. Transformer land is state side but has done some trades w me in the past. ShowZ is awesome ,good prices usually
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:36 AM   #6
neevnav
Masterpiece

Ages 3 and Up for sure. Canadian, so no duty, shipping is reasonable. They are a little slower then the big box stores getting new releases sometimes, but if you can wait a bit it's worth it. Plus your supporting a small business.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:49 PM   #7
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

A3U Ive dealt with a lot in the last few years. No problems what so ever.

I've used BBTS in the past, but it became to costly with shipping and exchange.

EBGames was always in store. Never used their web store.

Ive found TRU and Amazon to be unreliable and a location of last resort.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:21 PM   #8
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

EBGames’ stores are great, website is a dumpster fire. A lot of their figures (Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, Transformers) aren’t listed as individual skus, so they just grab whatever figure from that particular wave and toss it in a box. You have no control over what you get. Unless it’s an exclusive, it’s pretty useless.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:38 PM   #9
Brian12
Machine War

Thanka for all the replies, I ended up ordering the Macfarlene toys Doom Slayer figure from TRU last night and it's still being processed, hoping it'll be shipped out on Monday next week and arrive shortly after. Been playing lotsa Doom games and I've been wanting to get a figure of the guy.

I guess I forgot about how EB's site doesn't let you choose specific Transformers figures in any given wave, that really is pretty awful. But how is it besides that? I got an Edge membership card, do they still allow the 10% discount with it on online orders?
Old 04-03-2020, 10:15 PM   #10
Brian12
Machine War

Just checked the TRU site to see my order progress again and there's a new alert about online orders taking 5 days to process and 10-15 days for delivery and that customers should try curbside pickup instead. Literally the day after I placed my order orz

Well it's not surprising considering the amount of online ordering being used now. I'm still disappointed since it will take much longer than I expected and I can't cancel the order anymore so I just gotta wait for it.