Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 05-18-2016, 10:42 PM   #21
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus
Re: My First TFCON!

What is the price range on items in the dealer room. I.e low range to high range ?
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:03 PM   #22
TRUCKvsGUN

Dealers' room has a good variety, from collectors selling second-hand toys going for as little as $5 to e-tailers selling brand new 3P toys for top-dollar. Last year, the toy everyone seemed to be after was Badcube's Wardog. Most of the e-tailers favored US dollars, unfortunately.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:36 AM   #23
optimusb39
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
What is the price range on items in the dealer room. I.e low range to high range ?
I found prices can range considerably. From finding great items in the xiploc bsg bins for 10 buccks ( found tfss scourge there) to highend 3p items at 300 plus. Its your tastes that define the price range. And remember... shop. Dont buy the first one you see of an item. Look around first. Cheaper price can usually be found for same item. My first tfcon i blew 200 before i Walked in from lobby. And than found same items 50 bucks less. Last year i held off on smart robin remold all day and then found the original release for 60 bucks! Just gotta dig around. Look in all the nooks and crannies. And dont be afraid to ask prices and negotiate within a reasonable limit.
Most importstntly... enjoy yourself!
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #24
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Yeah, I've found steals before but it all depends on luck. My advice is to get there early and do a once around the dealer room first before you make any purchases. Chances are if there's something you want, someone else will have it for a few bucks less.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:22 AM   #25
DCompose
Robot Master

Is it normal to not have any hotel room info at this point? I booked it right away, but I haven't gotten anything email-wise. The same with the Frank Welker VIP experience? Do you get etickets or something?
Old 07-04-2016, 07:54 AM   #26
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusb39 View Post
I found prices can range considerably. From finding great items in the xiploc bsg bins for 10 buccks ( found tfss scourge there) to highend 3p items at 300 plus. Its your tastes that define the price range. And remember... shop. Dont buy the first one you see of an item. Look around first. Cheaper price can usually be found for same item. My first tfcon i blew 200 before i Walked in from lobby. And than found same items 50 bucks less. Last year i held off on smart robin remold all day and then found the original release for 60 bucks! Just gotta dig around. Look in all the nooks and crannies. And dont be afraid to ask prices and negotiate within a reasonable limit.
Most importstntly... enjoy yourself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
Yeah, I've found steals before but it all depends on luck. My advice is to get there early and do a once around the dealer room first before you make any purchases. Chances are if there's something you want, someone else will have it for a few bucks less.

I did this ONCE and I lost out on so many good deals on figures that I wanted I walked around and seen ones that I wanted at what I thought were reasonable and they ended up being the best priced figures at the show and when I came back to buy them they were sold to someone else and every other dealer had said figure was charging 3x as much as the original guy So I would say if you find a killer deal on what you want buy it as it WON'T be there when you get back remember there are over 1000 people that attend this show and chances are that about 100 of them are looking for the exact same deals as you are !!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #27
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCompose View Post
Is it normal to not have any hotel room info at this point? I booked it right away, but I haven't gotten anything email-wise. The same with the Frank Welker VIP experience? Do you get etickets or something?
Check your spam folder. Confirmation is emailed as soon as you order.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #28
DCompose
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Check your spam folder. Confirmation is emailed as soon as you order.
I'll check that out. Thanks dude!
Old 07-04-2016, 12:01 PM   #29
Stormrave
Machine War

Watching TF:TM in a big group of TF Fans is not at all the same experience as watching it on your couch at home.

When the schedule comes out, decide what you want to do, and plan lunch/dinner accordingly. Or, if you want to do everything, put some food in your suitcase like jerky, granola bars and trail mix, so you don't have to leave to eat.

Learn where Burger King is.

The hotel bar is a great place to hang out but it's always bumping and so service can be slow. If you're hanging out in the evening anyway, no problem (in fact this is an ideal place to hang out with people) but for grabbing food in between panels/events, BK is the better option.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:18 PM   #30
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Thanx for the tip on Burger King. I usually hit up Popeyes on Winston Churchill after the event but looks like Burger King is a little closer to the hotel.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote