Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 04-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #11
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions
Re: Sponsor News: The Toy Trove - MP-28 Hot Rod In Stock - Takara Preorders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToyTrove View Post
Well then you're saying that the suggested retail price, or what most stores are selling them for is "Pricey", since after the exchange, we're pretty much the same as the US price. You also have to remember that we import these directly from Japan, so that also makes it hard to keep the prices down.
Yes I find ALL the online retailers pricey here in North America. I know our dollar sucks right now and you guys are awesome
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:49 PM   #12
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
I should say pricey, given I know what they sell for wholesale
Rude AND smug. Great combination. TT is a fair-dealing site sponsor and supporter. No one asked them to be, but it indirectly benefits you as it helps keep the site going. The prices are the same or better than all of our other sponsors and most brick and mortar indie stores.

On top of that, dude needs to get paid. This isn't a free service, he doesn't have the same purchasing power as Walmart, and he has a realistic expectation that his time, effort, rent, food, etc. should factor into his prices. It's a small store in a small city and whenever I skip through I try to stop in.

If none of that matters to you, fine. At least try to show some class.

*edit* which I see you've shown in your last post. Thanks for that. I'm sure everyone, especially TT, misses the favorable dollar!
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:49 PM   #13
pside9
Beasty

Believe me it would have cost me much less to buy the Hasbro Asia MP10 from Todd, than going the Takara MP10 route I took with another Canadian e-tailer. But I wanted Takara for my Prime.

I certainly understand that an actual brick and mortar operation has to have some more overhead than just an e-tailer.
pside9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #14
TheToyTrove
Maximal
TheToyTrove's Ebay Auctions

Alright, thanks for clearing that up then. I sometimes have customers who come into the store who don't seem to understand why Canadian prices are higher right now. So, I tend to jump quickly to explain that to people
TheToyTrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:57 PM   #15
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToyTrove View Post
Alright, thanks for clearing that up then. I sometimes have customers who come into the store who don't seem to understand why Canadian prices are higher right now. So, I tend to jump quickly to explain that to people
My pricey comment wasn't really directed at you in particular, just at the fact everything today is getting extremely pricey. My apologizes if it came across otherwise, it was not my intention.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:58 PM   #16
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
Rude AND smug. Great combination.
No actually, it wasn't either of those things, it was merely a fact I pointed out.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:00 PM   #17
TheToyTrove
Maximal

Quote:

On top of that, dude needs to get paid. This isn't a free service, he doesn't have the same purchasing power as Walmart, and he has a realistic expectation that his time, effort, rent, food, etc. should factor into his prices. It's a small store in a small city and whenever I skip through I try to stop in.

If none of that matters to you, fine. At least try to show some class.

*edit* which I see you've shown in your last post. Thanks for that. I'm sure everyone, especially TT, misses the favorable dollar!

Thanks for the help guys, but he cleared it up and explained that he thinks the prices in general in North America are high, and didn't just mean my prices. This is why I don't like talking online usually. It's very easy to misunderstand people if they don't fully explain every word lol. Anyways lets end it at that. But it's nice to see I have so many supporters
Old 04-03-2016, 02:09 PM   #18
TheToyTrove
Maximal

Quote:
You can say that again HAHA. The last year has been particularly difficult because we had to stop carrying so many things because it's just not worth it with the exchange rate. Which is why we don't order in 3rd party's anymore, since our only source for that was in the US. It's pretty bad when we order from the other side of the world as opposed to right next door, pay 10 times the shipping, and still save on the unit price versus buying in US Dollars. I can't wait for the dollar to even out again so we can get back to ordering 3rd party and Hasbro again.

Last edited by TheToyTrove; 04-03-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:40 PM   #19
icantbelieveit
Generation 1

TTT's price isn't pricey comparing with other Canadian online store who charge US$. I bought MP22 from TTT at what I consider a reasonable price VS other etailers, and my friend bought it directly from Japan and ending up got caught by custom duty, at the end he paid more than what I did.
icantbelieveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:18 PM   #20
optimusb39
Animated

Quote:
AND this is a great store to go into period.

Toy Trove for the win.

Seconded! Toy trove is an awesome local store that provides what we want. I buy from him all the time and his prices are always fair and on par with larger stores like tru who do buy 'wholesale'.
Dollar exchange rate, border fees and storage/shipping are all a factor in his prices yet his prices are lower in many cases than buying from places like tfcon.

Highly recommended store. Dont let the big box guys ( who buy at 'wholesale' and then jack the prices for a huge profit) win over stores like this that cater to our implusive irrational and sometimes (admittedly) irresponsible spending habits.

Thanks again to tod. I will be buying a much enticipated mp hot rod from him this week. Cant wait!
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote