Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 12-01-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Power of the Primes Fan Vote ? Vote for the Next Leader of Cybertron!

The next fan vote has been revealed by Hasbro today – Power of the Primes!* Fans will be able to vote next January in order to pick the next leader of Cybertron.* You’ll be able to pick from several categories of characters, it won’t be just goodie-two-shoes available to pick from!* Read on to check out the full press release! (Photo credit to Cobalt Agent of the 2005 Boards) HASBRO LETS FANS SHAPE THE FUTURE OF THE TRANSFORMERS FRANCHISE WITH THE* “POWER OF THE PRIMES” FAN VOTE *The fans can decide which Transformers character will become the next leader of » Continue Reading.

The post Power of the Primes Fan Vote – Vote for the Next Leader of Cybertron! appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 12-01-2016, 04:12 PM   #2
Roadhammer
Wrecker
Re: Power of the Primes Fan Vote ? Vote for the Next Leader of Cybertron!

I was okay with Starscream Making Cybertron Great Again in the IDW comics, but I guess that's probably going to come to an end.

So each "philosophy" will have a selection of candidates that best represent it that people can vote for, and then that will then boil down to four finalists for people to choose? Interesting. That's one more finalist than there are philosophies, so one of them is going to be more represented and thus have a bigger chance of winning. I'm curious as to who will get selected to be in what groups.

I assume the idea is that whoever gets picked will get some super "Prime" body/toy rather than just a rehash of their basic forms. Like a Voyager-sized if not Leader-class toy or something.
Roadhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
PrimalEnvy
Reverse Corte

My understanding is that the Primes will be new characters. The final four will come from whichever group won.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:36 PM   #4
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

This election system is rigged!!

Hasbro already made Bumble Prime.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:49 PM   #5
Roadhammer
Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalEnvy View Post
My understanding is that the Primes will be new characters. The final four will come from whichever group won.
Mm. That's actually less interesting to me, frankly. Creating a new character in Windblade was fine, and she's become a nice addition to the lore, but if we're going to have a completely new Prime show up, I'd rather have it be an existing character who gets the upgrade. Some new 'bot showing up and being granted the Matrix of Leadership reads like a self-insert in a bad fanfiction. I'd much rather explore the possibilities of someone like, I don't know, Soundwave, Prowl (for Order), Jazz or Thundercracker (for Honour) or Onslaught or Impactor (for Chaos) being given the opportunity to become Primes and see how they'd handle things. That would be a lot more interesting of a set-up than a character created whole-cloth JUST to become Prime who we've never seen or heard from before.

Like...Soundwave Prime sounds like he could be REALLY frigging cool.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:52 PM   #6
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Calling it now: Windblade Prime.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:10 PM   #7
Marcotron
Robot Master

There were a few episodes in TF:Prime that seemed to be trying to make a case for Smokescreen to be a Prime.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:58 PM   #8
PrimalEnvy
Reverse Corte

Guess I was wrong. Seems like it won't impact IDW, as most of the options are dead or in Lost Light. Optimus Primal would be wicked. You have to wonder how Megatron or Shockwave would be as Prime.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:17 PM   #9
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
Calling it now: Windblade Prime.
If we're picking a girl I nominate Aileron!

She's pretty low key so far but she kinda came out of nowhere, been hanging out with Prime and Soundwave a lot, seeing Earth and how they see Cybertronians because of the war, lost her friend to the Humans...

I feel like she'd be a great surprise pick.

Anybody else just feels like same old same old...

Well unless it's Thunderclash! I mean...COM'ON! It's friggin' THUNDERCLASH! Can't go wrong with him!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:58 PM   #10
Roadhammer
Wrecker

So, judging by the list of names, let's see if we can predict the members of each group; nine names assumes an equal spread of 3/3/3.

Honour:
Hound
Star Saber
Optimus Primal

Chaos
Megatron
Thunderwing
Unknown Evil

Order
Ultra Magnus
Shockwave
Arcee

Not exactly the line-up I was hoping for, but Shockwave and Arcee would be my two top contenders. Frankly, I expect IDW would have to get involved given they did Combiner Wars and Titans Return tie-ins that were of...questionable quality, and the fact that Shockwave is dead in IDW right now I don't expect would be an issue; Nightbeat was dead for years in IDW, but then he gets a toy right in time for Dark Cybertron (itself a general advertisement for the new Generations toys at the time) and oh look he's back on his feet again (not that I mind, he's been a great addition to MTMTE since then, but it does illustrate my point nicely).