Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 05-28-2015, 07:52 PM   #141
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: X-Transbots: Apollyon review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
Yes, that's what I tried first, and with considerable force, I might add. I tried vice grips and supporting the inside while twisting also..

I might do that, but the adhesion is so strong I'm a bit concerned ill end up with uneven bits of orange on the inside...hoping I hear from Keith then maybe I'll bring out the heavy machinery!
Just curious. Did you happen to buy yours from a US retailer?
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #142
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

It looks as though my Apollyon will remain in bot mode forever.

Last night I tried to get him into gun mode. Nightmarish conversion but everything was going swimmingly well until the left leg would not collpase in on itself. Using the trusty mini screw driver provided I loosened some screws on the left inner calf and tried again. This time the inner mechanism got jammed in a 45 degree angle and I exuded a "FFFuuuuuuuuuuUUUU....!!!!" so pronounced no doubt my neighbours were considering a call to Child Services.

Anyways, leg is fixed, shoulder ball joints are tightened and the large orange cap still remains in the flash compensator until I can locate a super long screwdriver to punch it out. Conversion may be tackled another day but for now he's happily posed battling Optimus in robot mode.

I figure the proportionally accurate mini Megatron guns that came with MP Soundwave, MP01 Convoy and MP-11SW are handy whenever I need to depict his alt mode anyways.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:26 PM   #143
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Opened mine last night, wow impressive.

Had him beside me until I went to bed, wife wouldn't let me bring it to bed to play with so more though

Everything I was expecting in bot mode anyway, which is how he will be displayed. Felt pretty confident posing and playing. Way better than MP-05 which never came out of his box and was handled with kids gloves.

I don't think you could do it much better (bot mode) except for the little I/s leg flaps, they bug me, but that's it. As for transforming a bot to a realistic gun is pretty much an engineering nightmare so I'm OK with it and this was never a concern for me. It would be great if you could, but I don't it's possible.

OH and the unopenning was like being a kid a xmas again.

PS Box art is great too!!!.

I'll have a look at the plug, might be able to driil it out

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:50 PM   #144
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Just curious. Did you happen to buy yours from a US retailer?
I got him from Automaton! If I don't hear from Keith I might ask Mario about it.

Managed to Transform mine...things went pretty well until the chest wouldn't collapse...a half hour later with patience and fiddling it finally slid past. I found I couldn't get all the panels aligned, but overall the transformation was reasonably logical...other than the way the arms end up on the little sticks...wow that part was insane! I mean I'm glad it does transform but it is not satisfying.

Still the bot mode...omg it looks so good...posed him with the Season 1 seekers and it was hard not to jump for joy!
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:05 PM   #145
Prime Sinister
Animated

Proof that I too had the courage to transform Apollyon.
Back to robot you go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gun mode.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	28657  
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:25 PM   #146
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Sinister View Post
Back to robot you go
I see you still have one orange plug in place. Could you not remove it?
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:37 AM   #147
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Sinister View Post
Back to robot you go
When it comes to mustering the mettle to attempt converting my Apollyon again I rely on the wisdom of The Tragically Hip who once said

"Courage, my word. It didn't come, it doesn't matter"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	28659  

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:51 PM   #148
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

I got mine in the mail early last week and transformed it for the first and most likely the last time. lol. Robot mode, as state before, is a awesome sight to behold and once transformed is a pretty cool looking gun with the extended barrel and shoulder stock added! While transforming him I was scared to death of pulling out a pin or something with the arm transformation. The metal "rods that each arm swing out on worried me and the little latch on his back that you flip over to begin the upper body transformation was another worrisome spot for me. Once he was back in robot mode he was placed on my shelf with my other MP Decepticons.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:06 AM   #149
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I got mine the other day and i have to say that is am impressed with it.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:51 AM   #150
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
I can't get it out either, I tried heat, steam, even alcohol...I wrote Transbots for some advice, hopefully I hear back.
Weird thing. I think I got really lucky with my Apollyon. My plugs weren't glued in, so I just pulled them off. Also, my Apollyon's shoulders don't pop off. I've got the extra shoulder pieces, but I don't need them.

Transformation was fairly straightforward. The only two issues I have are I had to remove a screw in one of the arms to get it to fully extend so the bicep swivel worked. Also one of my hips pegs in a little loose, but it's not too bad.

Otherwise everything else is just the right tightness, transformation doesn't make me too nervous.

FYI if anyone hasn't figured this out yet. But that little plastic piece that swivels out to let the metal armatures pass through the body, pulling that out and getting the armatures across is way easier if you just pinch the red spring-loaded sides. This pushes the chest forward to allow easy access, so tools needed.