Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #211
Ozrein
Stunticon
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
Yep, hearing that loud and clear. As noted earlier in the thread we're prepping a solution where you can input an entire catalogue and work backwards from there. Coming soon!

James
It'd also be nice to be able to add figures individually without having to go through the pop-up window (or have an option in the pop-up to say "fill in details later" or something. If I only have 1/4 of a catalog, I dont want to have to select the entire catalog then deselect 3/4 of it.

I'd also like to see the collection page displayed differently, or at least be able to customize it. I'd like to be able to see what categories I have figures in on a whole instead of having the click through 15 menus to pin point a category to see how many or which figures I have in that specific category. (I could probably explain this better in person/on the phone).
Old 11-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #212
aznpnoy
Generation 1

Hi I would like to join the beta testing.

Grail is MU Nick Fury Mail Away
aznpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #213
Omegatron
Gen 1

Can't add Bumblejumper. He's there with no image but the "have" button does not seem to work on in the pop-up window. Also the "report an error" button did not seem to work either. I imagine this an IE issue. I am using IE 8.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #214
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Just tried it out. Took a bit to figure out the catalogs are under the buy section. Once I found that, I found data entry easy. How useful is the price which I paid? I really have no idea what I've paid for most bots or where I may have picked them up. Some stick out because they were great deals or bought from a Cybertron.ca board member.

It would be nice to see a customizer/parts section in the future. I have boxes full of bots and 1/2bots, missing heads, arms, legs. Loose incomplete doesn't even come close to describing these guys.

My only other concern(customers don't have complaints, only concerns right?) is the pink color as mentioned before. Maybe the barbie collectors love it, but it just feels wrong. If you need help with graphics let me know, I would love to help if I can.

Last edited by racerguy76; 11-29-2011 at 06:00 PM.
racerguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #215
sentra316
Generation 2

I'd love to try it out also hopefully i,m not late.
sentra316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #216
Omegatron
Gen 1

I love the "have" label that apears on picture of a toy after I've added it, it helps me know where I've left off when I come back later. The only problem I have is it doesn't automatically update after I enter a new bot, I have to refresh the page to see that change. This was a problem when I was entering Dinobots, I couldn't remember who I'd just entered. Is it supposed to automatically update or is this another IE browser issue?

I may be flogging a dead horse here but I'm also finding it a bit difficult to hit the "all" key when entering a bot and then having to change everything individually from "mint" to something else. I know that a new batch method of data entry is comming but could there just be a "change all to good" key or something? Even better would be an option to list everything except instructions as I was good at keeping my stuff but rarely have instructions for my G1s. This may just be personal to me though.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #217
MaP_Prime
Machine War

I think the method to browse catalouges needs to be stream lined and made a bit more visable on the sight. It took me a while to figure out how to find the catalouges and than how to search through them. I also think a help menu or tutorial page to help out new users should be created in case someone gets stuck or lost.

Other than that I really like the premise of the site and really look forward to more catalouges to be added.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #218
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

I coulda sworn this was an online dating service when I saw the banner...LOL...glad I'm wrong.

If I were consistanly adding to my collection more than subtracting, this woulda been cool to try out. Good luck!

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #219
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegatron View Post
Can't add Bumblejumper. He's there with no image but the "have" button does not seem to work on in the pop-up window. Also the "report an error" button did not seem to work either. I imagine this an IE issue. I am using IE 8.
I think there is a data issue with Bumblejumper generally because he could appear in one of two products as a random instance. I will get Nick to have a look and try to resolve asap.

Thx,
James
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #220
Hylo
Banned

I tried it out today and added a bunch of my things.

I have some suggestions:

I would like to see the catalogues as a drop down menu off the main page, for example

Transformer
>G1
>G2
>Classics
>Etc...

It would make it easier.

Also if we are logged in and click HAVE it should just add it without asking us if we have it Sealed or loose or whatever, unless I am selling it, those are details I do not need to enter right away. Given I am using this more as an online list with pictures and have no intention of selling what I have right now, those extra steps are a pain in the ass.

I also do not like that when I went to the Masterpiece list and added the Hasbro Masterpieces I had to add them again when I went to the classics and universe pages. That should be automatic.

I do like the general look and how the rest of it works, it seems like a fantastic idea and I am glad to be apart of it, I hope my suggestions help.
Hylo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collecting, shelflife