Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #11
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin
Re: Figures Toppling Over | Dominos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist Prime View Post
I actually make a little support rope out of fishing line across the front of each shelf so if they do go over they stay confined to the shelf and not the floor!
I did similar for my MP's. Wrapped line around there waists, which was then attached to a nail behind the shelf.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #12
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Well, step 1: remove any spring loaded missiles.

Step 2: line your shelves with that spongy shelf liner stuff. It comes in rolls and looks like really thick foam window screen. That should prevent any figures from sliding.

Step 3: Make sure the position is stable.

Step 4: When placing the figure, use some sort of stick-tack, wax, silly putty, etc. that has been tested to not stain or remove paint/chrome, and use the goop to secure feet. Only use if needed.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #13
Commandoclone87
Seeker

LOL, got a bunch of that stuff (got from one of the 5 Dollaramas in the area, forgot which) lining our cupboards.

Wonder if it would attract a lot of dust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
Step 2: line your shelves with that spongy shelf liner stuff. It comes in rolls and looks like really thick foam window screen. That should prevent any figures from sliding.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #14
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

No offense meant to the OP or anyone else in here, but this topic is pretty much the posterthread for 1st world problems in the year 2005.

(and yes, the pun still works on here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #15
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Still, some good points are being made and after Starscream tossed Megatron off the shelf, I've been looking for better alternatives to thwart his treachery.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #16
Janitor
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
Collect g1, problem solved lol, seriously though, try the pose on a table, make sure it's stable before putting on the shelf
Actually the biggest offenders for me are dem anorexic G1 cassettes (Ravage, Steeljaw, Slugfest, etc), always top-heavy especially with weapons attached.

My suggestion: before finalizing your setup, give your shelf a light little shake to see which ones are most vulnerable. Then adjust accordingly ie. reposition stance, lean against the side/a sturdier figure
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #17
juxtapose519
Robot Master

Anything I don't want broken goes in the glass cases. They're a little more expensive, but well worth the money. Sometimes I'll come downstairs and just see random figures toppled over even though nobody has been anywhere near them. It's the most reassuring feeling in the world to know that they won't be taking the 5' drop in my absence.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

I've found I really only have a problem with toppling if I try to cram too many figures into too small a space. Space is typically a premium, but whenever it's really tight, I find that it magnifies the problem. You start fudging with stances or poses, trying to fit them in there, and they can move when you try to set them down. Then you've got a bunch of problems waiting to happen.

Also, if you use display risers, be generous with how big each step is. Whatever you think is enough, you could probably double it because some figures just need the space, either for their stance or their kibble.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #19
Snoudzy
Generation 1

I have done the blue Fun Tack thing suggested by Shepp. it seems to work well with some of my top heavy figures on the shelves that I have.

I check in the room whenever I am down in the basement to see if anything has gone for a dive and recently we're a week without a fall over.

Good luck.
Snoudzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #20
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagagalvatron View Post
I've found I really only have a problem with toppling if I try to cram too many figures into too small a space. Space is typically a premium, but whenever it's really tight, I find that it magnifies the problem. You start fudging with stances or poses, trying to fit them in there, and they can move when you try to set them down. Then you've got a bunch of problems waiting to happen.

Also, if you use display risers, be generous with how big each step is. Whatever you think is enough, you could probably double it because some figures just need the space, either for their stance or their kibble.

I found the opposite, when I had my shelves crammed so tight, each figure was more or less supporting each other. Although the ones on the edges seemed to want their freedom from time to time.

I did, however have an interesting thought.

With a cheap wooden shelf, it would be possible to drill small holes every inch in a grid pattern. Feed elastics through the holes and over a figure's feet. Secure under the shelf with something like a nail or screw or button or something.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote