Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #21
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: Exposing Your Figures to "Guests"

To me they're just toys. If someone wants to screw around with them then they are more then welcome too. I have zero connection to my tfs anymore so I don't get upset if someone wants to transform one. I mean they are kids toys, if they actually break one then that really says something about them. Nothing good I'm afraid.

When I'm questioned about them I tell them I collect transformers. No on ever makes a big deal out of it. If they do, then who cares. It's my hobby, not theirs
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #22
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

kids, usually depends on the conditions of their figures if i will let them play with mine, one friend's kid has FAB bb, snapped in half, and all other ones damaged in some way or another, so he's not allowed to play, but other kids that take care of their toys, sure, and my adult friends, some can play, there's one in particular that i let him know when i get new figures so he can tf them, he wants to collect, but has a family, and not too great paying of a job, so he collects vicariously through me lol

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #23
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

I rarely ever have children over, but when I do, I'm usually very, very selective about what I let them play with.

Gundam models and my limited editions are definitely off limits.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #24
Snoudzy
Generation 1

Most of my collection is still waiting to be displayed in the right way. When kids or our friends come over they seem to gravitate towards my hasbro play lightsabers. We have some awesome pictures of our friends having a monster lightsaber fight in the backyard in the dark. My collection is an "open collection" so if someone wants to play then they can do so.
Snoudzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #25
Camaroman2
Better than a Masterpiece

Well, I'm still a teen, but sometimes I do have little cousins over. Pretty much everything is off limits to their filthy, grubby little hands. When my best friend comes over, he's allowed to touch anything, as long as he asks.

Last edited by Camaroman2; 08-15-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Camaroman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #26
CBII
Animated

All my friends already know I collect them and that there kids are not allowed to play with them. They can look but no touch.

That being said I keep a couple of junkers that I can pull out and let them play with.

Now selling your house is a different story. I've boxed most up and put them away. I have a few recent hauls left out but I usually put them before a showing.
How if I had a proper display case then I'd leave them out all the time...I really need to get on that.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #27
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I have a man-cave in the basement and the door stays closed when guests are over. I don't show my collection to anyone nor even tell anyone that I copllect TFs.

Now my own kids, on the other hand - they wander in and steal figs off the bottom shelves all the time, which I'm ok with. I just makes sure G1 and any valuable-ish TFs like MP are on the higher shelves.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #28
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I have a room in the basement that is locked most of the the time. My 9 year old son and 7 year old daughter are allowed in anytime and they make sure that their Friends are not touching anything...

When I show off my stuff to friends they are typically very respectfully and don't really touch anything, but I did have a friend that likes to put the some toys in...comprimising positions and see how long it took me to notice. Poor Han Solo was never the same after.
Lol, I think that happens to all of us at one point or another.

As for the OP's Q, I have a few dummy toys for my bro's baby or whoever to play with (he likes G1 keychain Cliffjumper and now loading vegetables onto Seaspray), newer figs that adults can touch on open shelves in the living room, and G1/fancy stuff hidden away in the bedroom in curios.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #29
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Ha - in my house it's my wife who puts TFs in compromising positions.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #30
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Ha - in my house it's my wife who puts TFs in compromising positions.
Mine too...she turned Computron into Humputron, and on the topic's note, you gotta make sure that when guests come over they don't walk into such imagry:

Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote