Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-31-2010, 03:11 PM   #61
justprime
Animated
Re: What Got You into Transformers

I had gotten one as a gift but what really got me involved in Tfs was a head injury at work, and the collecting took off from there
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:26 PM   #62
anotheran
Old skooler

My gf got me Walmart exclusive MP Starscream. Then I went on a crazy collecting frenzy. Went from Alternators/Binaltech to Macross now back to Transformers

My Threads: Feedback , Sales Thread, Wanted List

My Latest Reviews: TFP RiD Vehicon, TFP RiD Knockout, TFP RiD Breakdown, MP Optimus Prime, FOC Bruticus
anotheran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:28 PM   #63
transforminator
Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
I had gotten one as a gift but what really got me involved in Tfs was a head injury at work, and the collecting took off from there
you got into tfs from a head injury? want to share more details lol
transforminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:15 PM   #64
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I think a long time back I mentioned that my first Transformer was either Jazz or Skywarp, I can't remember which........but upon reflection thats not entirely true from a certain point of view.

My first "Transformer" was Gobot Pumper bought at K-Mart My Dad didn't like the look of Transformers that day so I got a gobot.

What first got me into the franchise was my friends with cable more than anything else. I probably never saw most of the G1 episodes at first as with only three channels as a child finding the show wasn't always easy.(I did better on re-runs).

What I was into almost from the start was the comic, I remember getting issue #5(still my favorite cover to this day) at the local convienence store.

So in short I guess my friends introducing me to the concept was the starting point and from there I moved into the toys and comics and then later the cartoon.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:16 PM   #65
Autovolt 127
Animated

A bit of Beast Wars and the Unicron Trilogy.

No one bad mouths the unicron Trilogy and gets a way with it. Well Energon I hated so you can insult only Energon,

Thanks God YTV brought BW back when Energon was on.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #66
Me.Grimlock.King
Banned

Back in 1985 as a kid I found this toy that had 2 modes (A truck and a robot). 2 Toys in 1 was awesome but after seeing the cartoon I was sold and fell in love with the whole transformers world.
Me.Grimlock.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:13 AM   #67
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

My first TF is Autobots Pipes but it was Diaclone, Microman and... Machine Robo's (a.k.a. Go-Bots) that started my hobby: I discovered transforming toys/figures from these 3 series at the time and have never looked back. When I watched the first few episodes of G1 TF Season 1 it started the whole thing for TF: transforming figures with a story? Yeah!

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #68
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine

I can remember it very distinctly:I saw the very first commercial on a Saturday morning and it was for Megatron and Optimus,and I turned to my bro and was like "what are those?" My parents took me shopping to Woolco (for you youngsters go ask your folks.LOL) and in the mall was this little mom and pop toy store,and I can remember seeing a whole display of them.I was 12 at the time and my folks got me Megatron.He was the very first with Soundwave coming a few weeks later. It's an awesome memory as they were the "first" toys and I was lucky enough to have that experience of buying a Transformer when it was in it's infancy.As I'm about to hit 40 it's cool to see how the line has changed and evolved over the years.
SHCKWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #69
zerocustom
Machine War

My story starts with the transformers animated movie in 86, I was only 1 so I couldn't really watch it in theater, the bug bit me years later when I was about 7 or 8 I knew about Transformers because my parents had been giving me them since I could remember for Christmas. I didn't really give it much thought until I went to a local video store and they had the transformers animated film, I liked robots and the figures I had gotten so I got my parents to rent it. I was in awe of how cool the drawings were, and the music was top notch. From that point on I've been hooked, it probably also explains why I am not as bitter about Optimus Primes death as some, since I didn't watch G1 cartoons until later. I had no real connection to Optimus and kinda thought of the movie as a coming of age story where the young hot head rises to the occasion and becomes the new leader.

Of course since then I've watched all the transformers series and collected quite a few figures, but because of what I thought was a great story at the time (probably more me making some up in my head) I've always had a soft spot for Rodimus because of the movie.

Sorry for the long winded write up :P

Last edited by zerocustom; 09-01-2010 at 10:36 AM.
zerocustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #70
Frans_Tormer
Big Game Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHCKWAVE View Post
My parents took me shopping to Woolco (for you youngsters go ask your folks.LOL)
Most of my early TF's came from Woolco too since Consumers Distributing never had the one's in the catalog in stock! But my first ever TF was in '84 when I went to the Pickering flea-market held in what is now the Pickering Town Centre's back parking lot. It was just after school ended for the summer and one of the tables there had a pile of these things called "Transformers". I wouldn't have even known that it was anything other than a car except the guy had a few in robot mode and was transforming them to show everyone how they worked. I was hooked. CARS THAT TURN INTO ROBOTS!!! My 10 year old mind was permanently blown. I got a BNIB Sunstreaker and posed him beneath the Alpine Lamborghini poster in my bedroom. Fast forward 26 years and I am the father of 2 boys and the TF flame has been rekindled as I search for cool TF's online and watch G1 and Beast Wars with them and laugh out loud as my oldest rocks out to "The Touch".
Frans_Tormer is offline   Reply With Quote