Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 AM   #11
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: GF, Wives, "Society" and collecting Transformers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
What does drinking and smoking leave people with???? Not much.
Lung cancer and a dead liver?

My wife has no problem with my collecting. It is something that I can share with my daughter, and hopefully my son when he is older. Granted, my wife is not totally aware of the cost of my collecting sometimes... she just notices a new robot shows up from time to time.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:29 AM   #12
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Lung cancer and a dead liver?

My wife has no problem with my collecting. It is something that I can share with my daughter, and hopefully my son when he is older. Granted, my wife is not totally aware of the cost of my collecting sometimes... she just notices a new robot shows up from time to time.
hehe, but then you might eventually get caught having to explain why your son can't open that $1500 misb Fort Max that just showed up and play with it in the sandbox.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:44 AM   #13
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
hehe, but then you might eventually get caught having to explain why your son can't open that $1500 misb Fort Max that just showed up and play with it in the sandbox.
That is actually my dream to open up a MISB Fort Max... but to let a small child tear it open... pure genius!!! It would be sooo worth it for the multiple heart attacks it would cause across the fandom. Now if I only had $1500 to spend on plastic crack.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:55 AM   #14
Synch
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
That is actually my dream to open up a MISB Fort Max... but to let a small child tear it open... pure genius!!! It would be sooo worth it for the multiple heart attacks it would cause across the fandom. Now if I only had $1500 to spend on plastic crack.
I'm a misb guy but I'd love to see that Personally I think its great when parents who collect let there kids play with stuff from there collection its popping up more and more these days :P Almost like its cool to have a kid and collect
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:26 AM   #15
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I would think it'd be troublesome to collect TFs when your kids (mainly sons) get older, who will eventually want to have part of your MISB collection or outright open it without your approval.

Then again, children don't always have the same interests as parents, I can't imagine that there are many Gen X adults who continued their parent's interested in scale models though.

Yeah, I'm sure keeping the collecting topic at my age (still in college) discreet is definitely best. Girls are always going to be shallow to some extent, most people would probably categorize you, it's human nature almost. Then again, I'm sure I'm still single due to my bitter personality *reads a book on reinventing one's self*

I'm actually switching to TF collecting from sneaker collecting (I only got 2 pairs anyways though, nothing special). I didn't collect many pairs, and it was a "cool" hobby, but damned expensive and not really fun. Buying a pair of sneakers for like $150-$200 (retail price) and then staring at it and leaving it in a box isn't that fun to me, but neither it wearing it and ruining it.

Remember, knock off toys (transformers included) are made illegally, therefore their plastic material isn't safe in general. Something to consider when you want to give a child of yours a toy to play.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:53 AM   #16
C_Shewins
Robot Master

My gf has no right to stop me from collecting transformers. She buys lots of LV bags, Dior bags, those expensive jeans. If she ever going to start with my collection, I will start with her bags and jeans.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:07 AM   #17
Synch
Beasty

yeah that relation ship isn't going to last long haha! PS if she looks good in those jeans I wouldn't complain about them ;P
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:12 AM   #18
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synch View Post
yeah that relation ship isn't going to last long haha! PS if she looks good in those jeans I wouldn't complain about them ;P
Nope, you are wrong. She never complains, we have been together for 5 years. I was just saying IF SHE EVER COMPLAINS.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:21 AM   #19
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
She hated the movie designs but after seeing it she wants a bunch of Bumblebee stuff. Both Deluxes, Ultimate Bumblebee and the keychain. She also wants some Prime stuff too. Hell even my sister wants some bumblebee stuff after seeing the movie.
LOL, same here, she said Bumble Bee is "SOOOOOO CUTE", that is what she said.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:00 AM   #20
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
My gf has no right to stop me from collecting transformers. She buys lots of LV bags, Dior bags, those expensive jeans. If she ever going to start with my collection, I will start with her bags and jeans.
Wow, your GF sounds hot, haha.

You can always buy some expensive men's clothing (like designer jeans) to show her you're not always buying TFs and might possibly surprise/impress her with that.

If she ever forces you to sell part of your collection, you can always make it fair for her to sell her bags or designer jeans collection, since they can be resold for a good price too, haha!
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote