Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-31-2016, 11:31 AM   #11
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: Listing Your Sold Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Or put them in a "Sold" section at the end of the list.
Why?

Personally, I don't care about what you DON'T have, just what you do have.
It's really irritating to be searching for something and half of the listings that come up are the item you're looking for in someone's "sold" section.
Does Walmart have a "sold" section?, Does TRU, or BBTS, or any other retailer?
All a "sold" section does is show people what they missed out on, especially if it was a great deal!
Old 01-31-2016, 11:40 AM   #12
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

^^ Happens on Kijiji all the time too especially when the main photo is the one that is sold and the list has like 20 or more items that you have to sift through
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:47 PM   #13
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Why?

Personally, I don't care about what you DON'T have, just what you do have.
It's really irritating to be searching for something and half of the listings that come up are the item you're looking for in someone's "sold" section.
Does Walmart have a "sold" section?, Does TRU, or BBTS, or any other retailer?
All a "sold" section does is show people what they missed out on, especially if it was a great deal!
Oh don't get me wrong, my preference is that the sold items be removed. I'm saying that if a seller really wants to list sold items, at least put them at the end instead of spread and scattered through the still-for-sale list. For me it's worse to be reading through and see something I want and go "Oh good- dammit" as I hit the end of the line and see SOLD.

Maybe we should phrase all this more positively. So I'll say "here are things I really appreciate in a For Sale thread":

1) Pictures. Maybe I'm the only one with a weak memory, but half the time I'm reading figure names and going "which was that guy again"?

2) Prices. I know some refuse to list prices, and that's their right. But I almost always skip threads with no prices and I know I'm not alone. Some major reselling sites like RFD don't allow no-price listings. Also, unless you're a US seller, please list in Cdn. I understand why retailers are bound to USD for business reasons, but none of us are. I recently almost PMd a seller on a good deal only to realize he'd put "prices in US" at the top.

3) Please give the "not-X" name of 3p figures. Again, maybe just me, but I can't remember all the "Commoditus V Reximus Tempo Edition" names. But I know what a "MP not-Scourge" is.

4) Please remove sold items, at least after a day or so of marking sold. They clog up threads and search results and all they do is disappoint. If you insist on having them, lease at least move them to the end.

5) Please use font colors sensibly. Red for sold, yellow for on hold, green for lowered prices = useful. Enough font colors to make a 1999 Geocities website jealous? Not as much.

6) this one is for the Admins: the ability to edit thread titles in the sales forum would be AWESOME. Adding/removing upcoming shows you're attending, adding date new items added, etc? Such a huge help. I know it's a feature that can be On or Off, and maybe a constraint is that it can only be enabled board-wide, but it might be worth considering anyway. I know with it on there can be some pranks and trolling, but it might be worth those rare instances.

Last edited by Goaliebot; 01-31-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:11 PM   #14
BoNKerS
Animated

WHOMP WHOMP...it's my reference of what I've sold. It's for me, not for anyone looking at my stuff.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:28 PM   #15
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Oh I hate when that happens. I once bought a figure from a member here, and I went back on his sales thread days later, only to see that the item purchased which is on my shelf, it's still listed in his sales. I mean, guys it only takes 2 minutes to take it out. Others won't know if it's still for sale or not. Those same people get frustrated when that person says it's SOLD.
Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:09 PM   #16
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
it's my reference of what I've sold. It's for me, not for anyone looking at my stuff.
I think this sums this up the best.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:57 AM   #17
TRUCKvsGUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
WHOMP WHOMP...it's my reference of what I've sold. It's for me, not for anyone looking at my stuff.
Sure, except that whenever anyone runs a search for that item, they get directed to your thread, where it isn't available, and that's annoying. When half of the results of a search are already sold, that's really annoying.

If its really just for you, then courtesy would be keeping these notes somewhere private.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime

Last edited by TRUCKvsGUN; 02-01-2016 at 11:03 AM.
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #18
timcrook
Cybertron

People probably do it cause it is like advertising their sales thread. I always see ads in the mail from home sellers saying this house sold for $x much.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #19
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
The problem with PM is only 100, which is really a pain.
I doubt you have 100 unique sales pending. And there's a delete button too.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:12 AM   #20
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

I'm not sure what I find more ridiculous, the idea behind this thread or the fact people are so upset over both sides of it.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote