Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #31
Pascal
Banned
Re: Prices on Shelflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post
Whaaaaat? Are people seriously too lazy to go to the BST forum and use the search forum function?
Quite frankly, the search function here is far from perfect here (or on TFW), especially when you're looking for items with numbers in the name (example: MPM-02 Bumblebee) or names using shorts (TFP Bumblebee). Sometimes you get no results even though that item IS listed, sometimes you get unrelated results, tons of them. On top of that, people make typos, use alternate spellings, etc.

FTR, I've never used ShelfLife, but I think it offers a good solution, I'm just too lazy to start listing all I have and all I want.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #32
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post
Whaaaaat? Are people seriously too lazy to go to the BST forum and use the search forum function? Or is this a sales pitch from the creator of the site? I think a lot of the fun of a forum is seeing new sales threads and what is listed.
Another problem with BST forums is that often the people either don't bother taking something off their BST once they've sold it, or, and this TRULY baffles me, is that they keep it on there purposely with the word "sold" next to it or they have a dedicated "sold" section!

IF IT'S BEEN SOLD THEN TAKE IT THE FUCK OFF YOUR BST!!!

If you have the time to write "sold" next to it or move it to a "sold" subsection, then you have time to delete it. Keeping it on there does nothing but cause people to waste time looking at your thread when it comes up in a search only to find the item "sold".

Last edited by Shockwave 75; 04-07-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:30 AM   #33
CBII
Animated

LMAO Shockwave 75 tell us how you really feel?

I agree that the search function is poor and I get what shelflife is trying to do.

Both options have there place.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #34
Sam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Another problem with BST forums is that often the people either don't bother taking something off their BST once they've sold it, or, and this TRULY baffles me, is that they keep it on there purposely with the word "sold" next to it or they have a dedicated "sold" section!

If you have the time to write "sold" next to it or move it to a "sold" subsection, then you have time to delete it. Keeping it on there does nothing but cause people to waste time looking at your thread when it comes up in a search only to find the item "sold".
Quoted for truth
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #35
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post

Yeah I never got why people do that either... Like I enjoy seeing all the things I could have bought but missed out on... It takes more time to write SOLD, then bold, italisize and make it red, than to highlight and delete...
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #36
Pascal
Banned

Probably for the same reason people post "PM sent" or "PM replied to" (disguised free bumps).
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #37
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

I don't know why people are even surprised. eBay, Kijiji, and now that place... same people. The price won't magically drop.

Pascal, I'll miss Zellers. I now have to find another place to live in...

That last post of yours though... posting disguised as bumping?

The OP is new. Welcome to the hobby. The only thing disguised here are scalpers and of course the toys. Don't worry you'll find good prices.

Last edited by Buhawi; 04-08-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #38
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I always get a good laugh at people who start threads with titles like:

"Everything must go!!!"
"Must sell!!!"
"Collection selloff!!!!

etc, etc.

Then you look and find their prices are retail or higher for a lot of stuff that is either oversaturated already, or from lines that no one is going to pay retail on anymore, outside of "rare" items (ie. Animated, pretty much all A/E/C and movie stuff).

If you are so eager to sell and stuff "must go" then why are your prices not reflective of that situation?
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #39
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post

"Everything must go!!!"
"Must sell!!!"
"Collection selloff!!!!

etc, etc.

Then you look and find their prices are retail or higher for a lot of stuff that is either oversaturated already, or from lines that no one is going to pay retail on anymore, outside of "rare" items (ie. Animated, pretty much all A/E/C and movie stuff).

If you are so eager to sell and stuff "must go" then why are your prices not reflective of that situation?
The absolute worst is "make offers" when they have absolutely no intention of accepting less than the list price.

On topic, I had no idea how horrible the search function was.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #40
Sam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post

"Everything must go!!!"
"Must sell!!!"
"Collection selloff!!!!

etc, etc.

I would disagree with sticking Animated in with A/E/C. Animated was LEAGUES better
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote