Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 04-29-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus
Thumbs up Join me in saying THANK YOU to the staff and volunteers of TFcon

I wanted to take a few seconds to personally thank those people who worked so tirelessly and unselfishly on the con so that people like me could have the time of their lives. I help out a little, but its NOTHING compared to what these guys do.

I know they don't get paid, they do it b/c they absolutely love this stuff, and they want to share that passion.

If you had as good a time as me, pls write your comments here, and let these guys, and gals know how much you appreciate them!!

Here goes:

To the convention director - Thanks for all the time you put into this that nobody sees, time away from your wife and your little one. Without you there would be no con. Sometimes I still can't believe its real

To GMfan101 / Code of Honour / Aeronath - I know you guys do a lot of organization. I can only imagine how much work it takes to organize a 1500 person convention, or all the months of planning and countless hours that go into it. Thanks for taking care of all the small details so that to us, the fans, everything runs smoothly!

To Beechy - You're such a humble guy (when you're not licking people lol) Thanks for being there in those quiet moments when everyone else has gone to bed, or is elsewhere enjoying themselves... and you're the only one there... still busting his chops, still working. Dude, you're a rock, thanks for everything you do for the con man!

To Shan and Aeronath - WOW!! This is why I LOVE TFcon. I absolutely LOVED, ABSOLUTELY LOVED Faction Fued... gotta practice so next year I'll be better at it, and pictionary was awesome. Think we need security next year as nobody wanted to leave this year, we all wanted to keep on playing!! Aeronath - man, I saw you everywhere... whenever people needed help you were there dude, and you'll forever be the voice of TFcon... ps, if you ever decide you don't want to be an engineer anymore, I think you'll make a very entertaining game show host!

To Protoman - wow, just when I think you can't impress us anymore with your tf knowledge, you go that extra mile. Wish I could have seen your presentation man, heard it was awesome!

To Jlvatron - thanks for the trivia, amazing script reading and overall creativity. You put so much thought and effort into this, always one of my favourite things. Thanks ninjatron... loved the pre-quel comic

To Dark Rage - thanks for helping me set up my shelves in the dealer room lol... and for always being ready to help out.

To PSP- thx dude for your organization and for directing me to the proper dealer table =)

To Dak - man... I was sooo happy for you that you finally go to see one of your dreams become a reality. next year hopefully we'll have a little more time for the customizing class. Like I said when I first met you, you're truely gifted.

To Alex/ Mat/ Espen - thanks for coming out and supporting the con, and thanks to Alex for the wicked litho

To Jackson - wassup dude, how was your first con?

To Cat/Decepticon Army/ SoundwaveCA/ Evan/ oasis and anyone I've missed...and all the rest of volunteers/ staff that sacrificed their time in the dealer room, missed panels, games and photo/autograph signings... THANK YOU.

Well, that's it for me...
I'm sure these guys would love to hear form you...
till TFcon 2010,
cheers,
zp

Last edited by zuffyprime; 04-29-2009 at 12:40 AM.
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
Protoman
The Legend
Re: Join me in saying THANK YOU to the staff and volunteers of TFcon

Oh ho ho....... "Waspitnator has plans" for next year.

Thanks to you CJ for the Chojin Sentai JETMAN present! Me, Vangelus and the others were messing with it at the bar that night, it was AWESOME.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
Stormrave
Machine War

You folks put on a show that, seriously, keeps getting better every year.

Without you guys I would probably spend Botcon weekends being surly and sucking back nasty mixed drinks in alarming quantities. Instead I tell the Botcon goers that I hope they have as much fun as I had at TFCon.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:04 AM   #4
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Great to be a "business partner" with you CJ, always fun setting up our cozy little table, lol.

Next year you should offer drawings and autographs

OMGWTFBBQ, zuffy is online so late! Freaky!

TFcon is more about the people and the booz...I mean socializing to me, not so much the plasticrack.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:08 AM   #5
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

thanks for putting on an amazing show, better than last year, seen the old group and met some new ones, keeping the powered commander forever as a souvenir of this amazing weekend, and definitely more about the socializing than the plasticrack, it's nice to hang out with those that share the same hobby, thanks to the guests for showing up, and thanks to everyone else that showed up and made this the best con ever

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
Zodberg
Machine War
Send a message via AIM to Zodberg

In addition to thanks to those mentioned already, I think some shout-out should be given to the staff of the Doubletree Hotel. Although the busted air conditioning was a bit of a drawback, as far as I understand, they did a wonderful job of hosting the event with plenty of class. All the chairs were comfy and the tables were flat and the wireless internet access was also okay and I can't imagine anybody complaining if they host the event next year.
Zodberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

Thanks Everyone, it was a blast.
See you all next year !!!!

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #8
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Thanks to everyone! I hope to meet you/get to know you all better next year when I don't have to rush home and study for exams.

Who knows, maybe I'll even volunteer!

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:08 AM   #9
Darth Grimlock
Robot Master

Thanks to the TFCon Staff, this was an awesome experience.

I'm already geared up for next year and throwing my hat in the ring for volunteering in anyway I can. I've show pics and told stories already to my US buds and they looking forward to coming up next year for their first TFCon.
Darth Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #10
silent4life
Beasty

Thank you TFcon staffers, I had an amazing time, personally I enjoyed every minute of it, especially the Saturday, keep up the amazing work. Can't wait for next year. Also, AWESOME exclusive!!!
silent4life is offline   Reply With Quote