Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #21
damani_d
Generation 2
Re: Overall Exerperience at TFCON...

That guy should have painted some logos onto the box (imagine that box painted with Transformers logos or a logo, or even some art work) or something...

That is cool....did anyone notice the other kid who came in with a cool Transfomers costume? This guy asked him for a picture and as he was taking his I took the opportunity to grab a shot as well...the guy dressed as a Transformer stated (when I asked him why he didn't enter the contest) he was asked to come back Sunday, I wonder if he did....

Anyways I will upload that picture shortly...
damani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #22
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

First time TFCON'er.
I loved it, had a bit of a problem on friday nightwith my Nightbird when I opened her. Her driver seat fell off and her hand cracked when I put the sword in it.
Met some great board members, had some pizza chatted and did some trading for some bots and paper. On Saturday I got there nice and early met up with some of the guys that havent registered yet . The staff exchanged my nightbird for a new one (no problems at all with the new one). Nightbird looks great, great paint apps and not too loose at all. I'll have to shave the handles of the weapons a bit to fit but thats not to bad. She makes a addition to my decepticon shelf.

I bought some great figures at some great prices and saw some great panels like the David Kaye (great guy) panel, he signed my Animated deluxe cybertron mode and for free. I went to the Hasbro showcase, it was great but I wish they has showed the "botcon sunday" showcase. Took part in the group photo and watched a bit of the 86' movie.

Sunday ..I bought a few more items and headed to the custom class taught by DAK, a great teacher and a TRUE "Pro Customizer", thanks for the help and great tips/comments and suggestions for my customs. We transformed GM Swerve into G2 Flash, the class was long but it was the right amout of time needed. The G2 Flash turned out great, can't wait till next years custom.

I hit the dealers room for a bit. Met up and chatted with fellow board members about the con, our hauls and juicy gossip just like a bunch of 1950's housewives at a tupperware party, lol. Made my way back home and had diner with the family , played with my new toys and posted my news on the events of the day. Great con guys, you did a great job staffers. I cannot wait till next year.
I'll be one of the first to pre-reg for the con and custom class.

check out my custom page for the pics of my custom G2 Flash (GM swerve)

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 07-18-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #23
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower

Yep...a great TFCon this year. Love the expansion!!! Not so claustrophobic as previous years

My apologizes for those who expected more G1 dealers. I was not able to have a table this year. It did feel weird being on the other side of the table again. Not that my one table would have tip the scales, but it might have helped

I look forward to having a table again next year.

Anyone know why the New York Room was not used? (the one between the Men's washroom and one used for episode viewing and War For Cybertron game play?)

My only regret, was that I didn't spend enough money

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:07 PM   #24
damani_d
Generation 2

What was everyone wearing on Saturday...I wore two shirts that day because I spilt some pop on my tshirt...had a black tshirt with Generation 1 written on the front and a black hat on backwards...
damani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #25
hupla
Machine War

Had an awesome time! Loved the script reading, and the other panels! Cant wait for next year
hupla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:25 PM   #26
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by damani_d View Post
What was everyone wearing on Saturday...I wore two shirts that day because I spilt some pop on my tshirt...had a black tshirt with Generation 1 written on the front and a black hat on backwards...

That's what I was wearing on Saturday.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:48 PM   #27
Thundercracker
Seeker

TFcon was fantastic. I've got so much good stuff, and there's still so much more to get. I enjoyed meeting people, seeing the various panels, all that good stuff. Can't wait to do it again next year.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #28
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

for my first TFcon, I'd say it made a great impression!

Great dealer room, great panels, and David, Mark and Derrick were awesome to talk to.

Not to mention, it was great to be able to just chat with people about Transformers and not get a funny look in return

So basically, old friends, new friends, and a scrap-load of TF-related awesome . I'm coming back next year!
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:12 AM   #29
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

Wow, wow, wow!! As somebody that has been to every single TFcon since the very beginning, I'm Absolutely THRILLED that so many new "TFconn-ers" experienced it for the first time. I'm even more excited to see your first TFcon was a great experience!

Welcome to the boards, welcome to the TFcon/Cybertron.ca family.

I've been to Botcon 2000, 2002, 2007, 2010 and all I can say is:

Botcon is the "official" convention, but it is clear that it is first and foremost a business.

TF con is the official convention of the fans, and it shows in everything from the interactive panels, to the way you are treated, to the way you feel so comfortable talking to, and meeting new people.

by the fans, for the fans!

Spread the love guys, if you tweet, facebook, etc... let them know you loved TFcon.

And keep the feedback coming. The guys (and gals) who put on the show work all year round, and tirelessly throughout the convention, to provide the best experience for you, and I know they appreciate knowing that they've succeeded in making you happy.

As for price gauging, you're right, some dealers were way out of left field, but others were fantastic. I got a boxed energon unicron (the black one) for $25, I also got optimus primal/megatron for $5, got a $1 g1 bombshell, a $20 Animated Ultra Magnus, $10 classics hound, generations thrust and a bunch of other goodies. So I was a happy camper, was also looking for headmasters, but not at the prices russ was charging. (if you got some headmaster for sale, send me a pm) lol

Cheers! The countdown till next TFcon begins...

Last edited by zuffyprime; 07-19-2010 at 01:01 AM.
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:14 AM   #30
Rogue_Optimus
Armada

Had a good time again this yr, finally got in early enough to try the early admittance. Sat in on most of the panels as well. That being said, anyone know who won the costume contest on Sun or has any pics from that? Met Shaun from EP, nice guy to talk to. Chatted up with DJW for a bit.

Actually met some of the users here this yr, even got tipped off on a couple of deals thansk to them.

Gotta watch the budget next yr though
Rogue_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote