Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-15-2007, 05:17 PM   #11
Pascal
Banned
Re: New set of Incinerator pictures

Click directly on the link of the auction.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #12
Incepticon
Double Agent

I really thought that this would be the one & only add-on "movie character who wasn't actually in the movie" figure that I bought, but no hands = no dice. The hands (or lack thereof) on Voyager Starscream & Deluxe Jazz are bad enough, but these propeller hands just look ridiculous. They really could (and should) have come up with an alternative.

It's too bad - this would have been a great companion to Blackout since the alt mode is pretty slick.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:05 AM   #13
Pascal
Banned

There are no hands at all. No propeller hands, just slicers. You have to accept that robots don't need to be 100% humanoid. They don't have to, they don't need to. Jazz does have hands btw.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:34 AM   #14
Incepticon
Double Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
There are no hands at all. No propeller hands, just slicers.
Same diff'. Propellers instead of hands where hands should be = propeller hands. Not a definition worth splitting hairs over, especially since it's the general term most people are using in reference to the figure anyway.

Quote:
You have to accept that robots don't need to be 100% humanoid. They don't have to, they don't need to.
Yeeeah... or instead of jumping off the fanwank deep end and taking things way too seriously, I can just look at it for what it is - a poorly thought out TOY that looks mistransformed in bot mode. Don't remember saying anything about having to follow humanoid rules, debating robot laws of being or physics, etc. Just commented that the lack of hands made me lose interest in this mold.

Quote:
Jazz does have hands btw.
I know he does, and they're about the worst excuse for hands on any TF toy I've owned. The "or lack thereof" comment was in reference to Starscream's toy, which I thought was pretty obvious.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #15
Pascal
Banned

Some toys are worse : they just drill holes and call the result hands.

And I don't see how Incinerator's slicers could be ridiculous; it's pretty much the same concept as Blackout's weapon in the movie, only doubled and fully integrated. "Different" would be a better word than "ridiculous".

Last edited by Pascal; 12-16-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #16
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Different indeed....with a name like Incinerator (one of Blackout's names before the characters were revealed) I just picture him coming into battle and using those blades to slice everything that gets in his way. I'm not saying think of him as a mindless ramaging ogre but more like warrior who knows what tools he has and uses (maybe even abuses) them.

My only concern with the toy judging from the prototype pics is that they seem to have the V-22's engines upside down, the vents are supposed to be on the bottom and not on the top, as seen here:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Pensacola.jpg
So I may have to change them for accuracy, this will either a real easy "unscrew here, rescrew there" job or it will turn into nightmare fast that will require me to return him to the store I got him and claiming he's defective :P

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #17
dak
Master Creator

I was looking at that V-22 minicon that was released a while back, and it too has the engines upside down.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #18
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Does any designer at Hasbro know what an actual V-22 looks like? :P

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:53 PM   #19
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Does any designer at Hasbro know what an actual V-22 looks like? :P
The argument of vehicle accuracy might be valid if it was an Alternator, but alas, it is not, so it's ok for the sakes of better/easier design on transformations!
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #20
Hound
Robot in Disguise

I'm not sure why, but I think the head is kinda cool looking. Overall, I'd say this may be a purchase (on sale, of course).
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote