Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-24-2015, 01:41 PM   #41
Pgianos
Banned
Re: Titan Devastator: how are you going to get one?

First can I find out how or where they will be selling it?
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:45 AM   #42
lothos
Generation 1

How will I get it? Piece by piece (eventually). May take a year but no way is Hasbro or Takara not going to EVENTUALLY release them individually... 150+ is just way too much to drop all at once around Christmas...
lothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:44 AM   #43
CanBot
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lothos View Post
How will I get it? Piece by piece (eventually). May take a year but no way is Hasbro or Takara not going to EVENTUALLY release them individually... 150+ is just way too much to drop all at once around Christmas...
Do you really think so? I've never even considered it, but I suppose anything can happen.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:01 AM   #44
lothos
Generation 1

It's a new mold if I read correctly... I can't see them NOT re-using it. Plus it's not like all of us can afford something like that all in one go... They would be ignoring a huge amount of potential money from their fanbase albeit spread out over a longer time...
Old 05-25-2015, 03:06 AM   #45
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
Here's some good photos that gives a better idea of the size/scale:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...arisons/32984/

Looking at him straight on, he seems really disproportionate, and I don't just mean out of scale with the rest of the combiners. Most people don't seem to care that he's an oversized figure compared to the rest of the combiners, so I won't bother going into that.

But Devastator himself is a weird mismatch of sizes. The torso and chest plate very much stand out to me as being overly large compared to his head and arms. The head seems a little shrunken on this body and I think it needs to be about 50% bigger than what is now. And although the arms are at an acceptable length, they're much too thin and lack girth compared to the bulk of the torso. The legs could be a touch shorter (not by much), but the real problem is that the knee bend is placed way too far up the thigh to be considered an appropriate knee joint.

Probably going to skip this altogether unfortunately which is a shame considering he's long overdue for an official modernization.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:09 AM   #46
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by lothos View Post
It's a new mold if I read correctly... I can't see them NOT re-using it. Plus it's not like all of us can afford something like that all in one go... They would be ignoring a huge amount of potential money from their fanbase albeit spread out over a longer time...
Titan Metroplex's mold has only been used just once and it's nearly 2 years old...
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:22 AM   #47
lothos
Generation 1

Yeah and if Devastator was a single solid guy I would see that.... but he's made of 6 guys which means easier to sell later if they want.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:00 PM   #48
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
[
But Devastator himself is a weird mismatch of sizes. The torso and chest plate very much stand out to me as being overly large compared to his head and arms. The head seems a little shrunken on this body and I think it needs to be about 50% bigger than what is now. And although the arms are at an acceptable length, they're much too thin and lack girth compared to the bulk of the torso. The legs could be a touch shorter (not by much), but the real problem is that the knee bend is placed way too far up the thigh to be considered an appropriate knee joint.
I think this picture makes him look a little bit better.

And the SDCC version's head IMHO looks better.

I agree the head looks too small and the knees look to be too high, but the actual leg length IMHO is about right.

Here's looking at you 3rd party for new head.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:27 PM   #49
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I'm waiting until I see what the Unite Warriors set looks like or I might go one step further with the AVG set.

Unite Warriors might have a Scrapper that actually has bendable elbows and that's kind of a deal breaker to me. If the AVG set has the elbows and a better paint app then sign me up.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:39 PM   #50
Grimtron
Generation 2

I wish they made him the same size as the other combiners from CW so it fits nice in the collection. This makes him an easy pass. Hasbro/Takara could had easily made the Titan figure this year Trypticon to go with Metroplex and let Devastator be CW size.

Probably be able to find this guy at Winners like YOTH OP or TRU Clearance.

Last edited by Grimtron; 05-25-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Grimtron is offline   Reply With Quote