Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 11-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #171
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Re: Masterpiece Optimus Prime Released at Canadian Retail

I know right?

Seriously though, this is a damn shame, and if nothing ends up happening to otherwise fix it, it'll just go to show how disconnected even TRU has become with their markets. However, I'd still argue that TRU's the best place for something like this if only 1 store gets em because at least their distribution is focused & consistent. If Wal-Mart, Target, or one of the US stores got the ticket, even less of us would probably have gotten lucky, and we'd also have paid 100+ instead of maybe getting even luckier with the 30% off sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #172
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

I emailed TRU online yesterday to see if this is indeed true. I'll copy/paste their response on here, as vague as it probably will be.
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #173
dak
Master Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
... and when they finally get around to releasing Starscream they'll revisit MP-10 without the trailer for the lower price point.
Maybe I'm missing something... Do you mean releasing starscream with the new mold... Or a MP starscream in general? Cause there was already a Walmart exclusive MP starscream. Forget if it was only US or not.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #174
babbayagga
Generation 2
babbayagga's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
To the mods: Sorry for the double-post... wanted to make sure this was in the right spot too...

Hey Gang,

This is not really a sighting, but more of me being the bearer of bad news... Sorry guys... I'm in the same boat as you. As some of you know, my Wife works at Toys R Us here in Kitchener and she is a HUGE TF fan like I am... for those who go in, they know her as "The Transformers Girl". She delivered some BAD news to me today I have to let you all know about.

TRU has officially discontinued the MP10 and what's out there will be all that they are getting. They had a lot on order and the orders have been cancelled. For those Members that are other TRU employees on the boards, she said that the system has them "marked X" which means discontinued.

No idea what this is going to mean about everyone's existing rainchecks, but if they are truly discontinued in Canada, then we shouldn't be holding our breath because it looks like the stock they do have left went to the new Kanata and Charlettown openings next weekend and the rest of us are getting shut out.

Wanted to let you all know... It disappoints me greatly.

Does your wife happen to know how many Charlottetown is getting? I'm going over there next weekend. Will see if I can get one for me/son and some extra's for others who missed out.
babbayagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #175
ChaosTheory
Generation 2

*edit - wrong province
ChaosTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #176
Hellboy
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
Real fortunate and lucky that my raincheck came in when it did. MP10 is a great figure and a steal at 80$, it's just a shame that not everyone who wants one will have the opportunity to own one…

What gets me though is…why limit the sale on a character like Optimus Prime? Hasbro should know how popular a character like him is.
Optimus prime is a great figure but the MPs are still a "collector" figure and not aimed at everybody who like Optimus prime. Most of the kids who like Optimus will be going for the more playable TF Prime figures or ghastly movie Optimus figures they were mislead into believing were cool.

Part and parcel with the MP-10 is that it is a TRU exclusive and the production number Hasbro went with surely involved the minimum amount of pieces TRU wanted to invest in.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #177
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

Just got a reply back on my inquiry regarding MP OP. Basically the email said to keep checking back, as stock gets updated regularly. It was also mentioned to use the "email me when available" tab, but it's not showing for MP OP. There was nothing mentioned about whether or not MP OP was discontinued or not, so I'm hoping this is just a temporary response as to why there are fewer than expected quantities. Fingers crossed xx
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #178
Heatbag
Generation 1

MP OP has been marked discontinued for awhile here in Winnipeg, but he still flows in assortments that TRU is still filling rainchecks. So take it as a grain of salt I would say. Just got my call to fill my raincheck but I won't be as I got from TRU.ca already.
Heatbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #179
asanjuan62
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatbag View Post
MP OP has been marked discontinued for awhile here in Winnipeg, but he still flows in assortments that TRU is still filling rainchecks. So take it as a grain of salt I would say. Just got my call to fill my raincheck but I won't be as I got from TRU.ca already.
I thought you picked up your rain check. did you get another one? If you did and you're not using it, I'll gladly take it off your hands....
asanjuan62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #180
Toilettron
Generation 1

I don't mean to be rude here but, Hasbro can't make anything right. Whatever reason they had to do this, is a careless mistake and a pretty big one too. My MP Rodimus is so loose he can't stand without support. It's ridiculous. Alos he can't anything in his hands, no gun, no targetmaster, or buzzsaw.
My Takara's don't do that. Each part is tight and able to stand on it's own. People complain about everything being to sharp or too small, which in the end makes the toy look ridiculous.
As a kid I got PM Prime. I loved it, but now I see the Takara one, and I am utterly disgusted at what I though was quality. Even the actual G1 Hasbro Cars and others were all majorly flawed.
Hasbro, should be called Hasblow.

Last edited by Toilettron; 11-04-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Toilettron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
masterpiece optimus prime