Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 PM   #11
ARCTrooperAlpha
Beast Machine
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 8 -Con Job Discussion

DAMMIT !!!! I WAS RIGHT !!!! NEAR OBSCURE CHARACTERS HAVE NO PERMANENT STAY ON THIS SHOW !!!!!!!

WHEELJACK'S TOO COOL TO LEAVE !!!!
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #12
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTrooperAlpha View Post
DAMMIT !!!! I WAS RIGHT !!!! NEAR OBSCURE CHARACTERS HAVE NO PERMANENT STAY ON THIS SHOW !!!!!!!

WHEELJACK'S TOO COOL TO LEAVE !!!!
Look at it this way:

Wheeljack leaving is better then wheeljack dying...
Old 02-25-2011, 11:55 PM   #13
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

It was a good episode, too bad we didn't get a better look at Makeshift before he went kablooie. Hopefully next time we see "Jackie" we get to see his alt mode.

I've got to be honest though, I liked Scrapheap better.

That being said I had a genuine laugh at "I'll handle ugly". I would get along with this Wheeljack. lol
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:55 PM   #14
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Wheeljack was indeed awesome! And so many references thrown about! Wreckers! Darkmount!

Only negative I could say about it was I was positive it was the real Wheeljack that got thrown through the space bridge. Maybe I need to rewatch it.

Also, "Jackie"?! That combined with Arcee's line "So who's the boyfriend?", well, the slash fiction practically writes itself. Hahaha!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #15
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

So, this was the first episode of Transformers Prime I watched, and it was actually pretty good.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:32 AM   #16
ARCTrooperAlpha
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
Look at it this way:

Wheeljack leaving is better then wheeljack dying...

Dunno, Wheeljack did die in the cartoon movie afterall.........even though he wasn't suppose to....
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #17
pandaprime
aficionado!

Wheeljack is da shiznit!

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:35 AM   #18
Iacon
Noted Gadabout
Iacon's Ebay Auctions

Transformers: Prime Episode 8- "Con Job"

Huh... so Wheeljack's recast as a Drift-esque Wrecker, completely jettisoning the engineer/inventor persona. In some ways, he's closer to a homage to Energon Downshift than G1 Wheeljack. Still pretty awesome, all things considered, though I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that this would have been a *perfect* role for Springer to play. On the other hand, perfectly faithful tributes to G1 characters are starting to get a little old, what with Animated already being chock-full of 'em.

Waitatick... he didn't transform! Ever! I feel a little cheated by that. In-story, it makes sense that the guy wouldn't bother to scan a vehicle mode, but at least we could have seen his Cybertronian mode. I'm almost wondering if this was a cost-cutting measure-- sparing the animators the task of designing a TF sequence and vehicle mode for characters appearing in only one episode. I hope this doesn't mean he won't be getting a toy...

Speaking of probable non-toy characters, I'm not holding my breath for a Makeshift toy haunting the pegs any time soon. I was *so* jonesing for a fully lit look at his neutral robot mode (thinking he would have shifted back once his cover was blown, but no such luck). Hard to tell, but I *think* he might have just been a Roadster drone with a few more spiky bits adorning his body. Would have been neat if the 'Cons forces were bolstered with a permanent new cast member, but the nature of his ability makes him seem like a pretty blatant one-shot plot device dude... plus, it would appear he was blown to smithereens (Yeesh... these 'Bots really do have that Bayverse Autobot bloodthirstiness. Stapling a thermal bomb to a guy's pelvis... tha's sum cold slag right there.)

Alright already with giving a pair of katanas to every "teh awesome" character that comes down the turnpike! It's still *just* novel enough to have been cool in this case, but they are really pushing it.

I like how they got the Darkmount reference in there, *and* prominently featured an anecdote about its smelting pit. I'd like to think that was a little damage control on Hasbro's part to ameliorate any confusion that was caused by the legal woes of the Straxus toy (yeah, they did mentioned that he was named after his tower in the bio, but there's nothing wrong with driving the point home).

It's a little strange that there was absolutely no mention of the fact that Megatron is presumably recovering somewhere in the 'Con space cruiser and Starscream just carries on claiming he's the leader. I mean, yeah, that's exactly what he *would* do, but Soundwave perhaps giving a status update on Megs' conditioning to stick it to him might've been a good callback, especially since the 'Cons weren't featured at all last ep. I do, however, like that the running gag of no one, not even a Johnny-come-lately like Wheeljack, can even begin to take Screamer seriously as leader.

The dancing was unfortunate. Raf doing the robot I could almost give a pass to, but Mr. Darby was totally doing the Elaine Benes "Little Kicks" routine...

Prime "taking a drive" while the other Autobots are celebrating was pretty killer. Reminds me more of Rodimus blowing off steam in "Burden Hardest to Bear" than G1 Optimus (who, of course, spent his downtime on the basketball court), but that ain't a bad thing, by any means. TF:P Prime certainly has a bit more of Roddy's penchant for brooding.

Not quite as jazzed about this ep as I was expecting to be, but Wheeljack as a badass may grow on me (he *did* have that mostly unexplored character trait of being a stunt driver, whoch is pretty bad-ass so you could argue that this is just focusing on facets of the archetype that were previously untapped). It's more the bait-and-switch of introducing characters that don't join the core cast that's starting to grate on me. Imagine what Beast Wars would have been like if everything that came out of a stasis pod got slagged or ran off into the jungle before the intro ep ended.

J
Iacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:04 AM   #19
omegalaw
Generation 2

I think that this is my favorite episode to date, I hope it does not stay that way. And by that I mean I hope the series just gets better and better.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:25 AM   #20
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

WJ design looks great. Too bad the opportunity was not taken to squish Miko
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote