Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Considering getting rid of my Prime figures.

It's just that the whole debacle we've been living through has really killed any excitment I had for this line.

I look at them now and all I picture is the grief I'll have to go through to get the other main characters from the show.

Recently I've re-kindled my interest in completing my G1 lines ('87 - '88, Masterforce era especially) and I have sold off much of my newer stuff. I just unloaded a whole buch of CHUG and movie figures at the Silver Snail the other week.

Outside of old/rare/foreign figures, I don't think I should have to resort to buying figures online that I should be able to find in stores. I really don't want to pay the inflated online prices, or the ones that will likely be at TFCon either.

I only have the small handfull of Prime characters that we got here so it's not like I have a huge load of figures to deal with. I really do still like them, but all I feel is discouragement when I look at them.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
PyjamaPrime
Wreck and/or Rule
Send a message via Skype™ to PyjamaPrime
Re: Considering getting rid of my Prime figures.

do you have the FE Bulkhead? I'll take that off your hands if you do
PyjamaPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
justprime
Animated

Hay Shocky
I understand you dicomfort and agree with you ,.. been feeling that way myself of late with the hasbro B/S and aggrivation of hunting figures on line etc.. THAT SHOULD BE MADE AVAILABLE TO OUR MARKET but are not for no good reasons given by hasbro,... but I suggest that you hold on to your figures awhile longer as this feeling may pass, put them out where you can see them I like to sit and transform my stuff when I am pissed at hasbro and there crappy attitude towards us and feeling of ditching the whole kit and kabootle by playing with my TF's and watching a coupkle of episoids revitalises me as to what a cool line of toys these really are and besides that you can always sell them at a later date if your absolutly sure of getting rid of them, last year i made the mistake of selling some pieces off only to relise a couple pf months later I really missed them from the collection and its taken me a year to replace them thankfully at only a few dollars more than original purchase so I again say be sure you want to givem up>
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
Protoman
The Legend

Honestly, sell it all now while you CAN make some kind of money.

Cause honestly, in a year or so from now, it will be worth HALF THAT loose.

And hell........ if you look back and want to get it all again, it will be in your favor cause it will be hella cheaper.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I don't fully understand this mentality. You're mad at Hasbro because they aren't getting us the figures, I'm assuming this is in regards to the Breakdown Voyager thing. Instead of trying to get Takara's Breakdown (Which I personally am still hopeful of finding this year at C4) you're just going to ditch everything you bought because it's going to be too much of a hassle to get the entire show line?

How's that different from any other TF line?

Robots in Disguise: The Bullet Trains were notoriously under produced to the point where it was almost impossible to find them at retail due to the shelf warming Shark who took up all the space for the Mega Toy size class.

Armada: Did anyone ever actualy see Skywarp at retail? Or some of the end run Powerlinx figures that were actually in the cartoon?

Energon: Ironhide clogged shelves for years, we never saw too many of Alpha Quintesson, Cliffjumper or even Shockblast and Six Shot at retail, I barely recall seeing any of some of those at major retailers.

Cybertron: I can't recall anything from this line that was difficult to find at retail to be honest, I just didn't follow it enough with my limited budget to pay too close attention to the figures that barely showed up.

Lest we forget all the crap we had to deal with during the Animated Days because of Movie 1's glut of product and RotF taking over the shelves when the Animated line was such a hot seller.

Granted it is only recently (DotM/FE/Prime RiD) that we have seen product not actually being made for our markets, for whatever reason, but we've had to deal with similar issues for years as collectors. Armada Tidal Wave doesn't even have anime colors, if you wanted purple Tidal Wave you had to import him or just paint the Hasbro one yourself.

Getting upset at Hasbro's questionable decisions means you want to throw it all away and get out of the collecting game? Wow, if it's that much of a bother for you I'd hate to see what you'd feel like if you collected Star Wars, or G.I.Joe.

That sounds a bit rude of me, I don't mean it as such, the tone I was aiming for was more stunned sarcasm with a hint of ironic bemusement.

We shouldn't give up just because Hasbro is playing loosey goosey with their products. If you're on a fixed budgeted income and can't afford to import or want to pay more for a figure you feel should be available at retail, sure, don't buy him, but to abandon an entire line simply because you can't complete the show's cast without actually doing that (importing and stuff), well that just seems like you're fishing for excuses to not buy any more. If you're really that unhappy with collecting do not fish for excuses, because that could be signs your subconcious is telling you that your unhappiness isn't entirely accurate.

If you are truly unhappy, walk away, don't buy anything, don't sell of your collection, but don't buy more. Wait, be patient, take the time to really think it all out. If you're still unhappy, and keeping the toys you like isn't fun anymore, get out, get out now while you can. They are after all just toys, don't let them start stressing you out to the point of despair and depression.

But if you're just having a knee-jerk response to your frustrations with the parent company, well they aren't going to care if you get rid of your entire collection and then feel miserable about it later on down the road. You already gave them and the retailers your money by buying it, and if you stop buying well it's just going to be a very tiny stone, less than a pepple, a granule even drop in the bucket to them when it comes to revenu gains.

Hasbro doesn't care. They make their decisions for whatever reason, if a handful of people roughly the size of Unicron's hand, just give up on them, they've still got the entire rest of Unicron's body's worth of customers to fuel their decision making process.

Acting like a child with a tantrum won't matter to them, to use an analogy that fits with toy collecting if I may.

And didn't we have a similar discussion about this a few months back Shockwave? Perhaps I am mistaken.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I can understand this, it really kills the excitement / interest in a line when you can't find anything. I realize patience is key in this. But if you have to wait 6 months or more to get things..

But when I look at it, I guess that it kills impulse buys. And if you still want it by the time it comes out. Then it must be something you have a genuine interest in. So maybe a win in the end..?

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I didn't say anything about ditching my whole collection just my small handfull of Prime figures, and I didn't even say I was definitely going to do that!

All I said was that this 5, going on 6 month long TF drought we've been living through has gotten me discouraged about collecting the Prime line. Not to mention fhe fact that when/if they do ever show up all the characters anybody seems to want are all shortepisode
It's also probably not helping that its been weeks since I've seen a new episode.

Maybe I will wait till the show starts back up/new figures show up to see if I still care.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
shockwing
Please, call me Bringer

Hmmmmmm, actually I was planning on doing that, a month or 2 ago, but I played around with what I had and realized I love the design on these things and love the characters from the show. I decided to keep them.
shockwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #9
Pascal
Banned

I can understand, the distribution for Prime figures is atrocious in Canada right now. We've been stuck at wave 1 for how many months now? 3? 4?

Last edited by Pascal; 07-22-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #10
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I know I've been kept busy during the drought. I'm not too worried about it, it's given me the chance to keep up on the imports and 3rd party stuff I like, like the Tokyo Henkei Prime and Hercules. I know since the 3rd party explosion it's been hard to keep up on collecting both has/tak and 3rd party at the same time so when one goes into a drought (and really when does 3rd party have a drought now?) it's catch up time. My spending has been way up this year thanks to 3rd party (Hercules) and Cyberverse Vehicon's

Also there are Arms Micron Breakdown's just sitting on RobotKingdom's site I'm surprised they're still sitting there.

Last edited by The 12th Prime; 07-23-2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Breakdown Update
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote