Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #31
Valfar
Machine War
Re: TF prime beast hunters toys discussion

All gahhbage..if it were not for the lingering line of select Generations/WFC figures i continue to pick up mixed with select G1 reissues and the MP line..i would have dumped Transformer collecting awhile ago..Star Wars collectors get better treatment from Hasbro then Transformer collectors for quite some time now.
Valfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #32
Perceptor
Alternator

This is Prime related but not beast hunters... I found a pic of Smokescreen and he looks like the same mold as Knock Out. I am quite disappointed with that. Was hoping to see new mold...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prime Smokescreen.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	16256  
Old 10-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #33
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
This is Prime related but not beast hunters... I found a pic of Smokescreen and he looks like the same mold as Knock Out. I am quite disappointed with that. Was hoping to see new mold...
Considering the Beast Hunter stuff is all remolds asides from the Beasts it looks like we won't be seeing anything actually new until... maybe 2014 when they finally reach Canadian shelves.

Still I think Smokescreen is actually a fairly decent use of the Knockout mold, heck it even looks nicer than the proper knockout (paint apps are better). The spoiler is new at least right?

Last edited by Undrave; 10-24-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #34
Commandoclone87
Seeker

While I like the Mad Max meets Jungle Safari motifs, I have to wonder if Hasbro is going to jack up the price because of all the additional plastic being used in the additional weapons, accessories and mold changes.

Also, that Smokescreen is a great look for the Knockout mold, but I would have preferred he got his own mold like the Legion Class version.

That said, I really like beastformers and I'll likely be picking up Predaking (I like how he's based of G1 Predaking's colours and his alt-mode seems to be based off Cybertron's Scourge, but with wings.)
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #35
Undrave
Canadian Slag

The beastformers are gonna be a great change of pace! I can't wait for them!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #36
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

I liked how Cybertron integrated beasts and vehicles into the toyline better...they seemed appeal to both "beast fans" and "vehicle fans" instead of doing really strange things and not fully satisfying either side of the frandom...

Like Predaking tho!
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #37
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
I liked how Cybertron integrated beasts and vehicles into the toyline better...they seemed appeal to both "beast fans" and "vehicle fans" instead of doing really strange things and not fully satisfying either side of the frandom...

Like Predaking tho!
I would have loved Prime dearly if they had picked up on the elements from the aligned novels and gotten the cast to Velocitron, Junkion and possibly a Beast Planet (considering there is a beastformer in the Thirteen that would have been a nice spot for his tomb or something!).
Old 10-26-2012, 02:26 AM   #38
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

I hate it. Really hate it. And this comes from someone who had a complete Beast Wars collection. I have no problems with beasts. I have problems with laziness and pandering design.

Prime (to me) was about design and elegance -- the fusion between the clean lines of Animated and the ambitious engineering and more realistic vehicles of the movie bots. This just takes a steaming crap all over that and takes good designs and pours awful colors and eXtrEEme Dino spikes over everything.

I do not believe for a second that the actual toys will look anything like this. Already the toys are starving for paint apps. Somehow they are going to pay for more plastic and more paint? Don't think so. Not without a price increase. And those spikes are so going to be the soft plastic -- there's no way from a safety point that they'll be hard spikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Why are we being forced to get crappy re-tools of pre-existing molds when the Beast Era cast got an upgrade you could consider to be an entire different toy if you wanted to with Transmetals and Transmetal Twos?
So much this. I don't really care for the TM2s, but at least they went and designed new toys. This is like the worst excesses of TM2 (garish colors! pointless overdesign! spikes everywhere!) but with overused molds that the stores can't get rid of now. Somehow eye-bleeding paint choices and spikes are supposed to transform shelfwarmers into money? I don't get it. More than that: I don't want it.

For the few molds that are actually new, I have one word: lazy. These look like transformations that are little more than "stand up and reposition". Even Predaking. Predaking was king of the combiners. Now he's warmed over Scourge. Not an improvement, and choosing that name for such a lazy design (but it has spiky edges! lots of them!) is, to me, rubbing salt in the wound. I have met Predaking, and you, sir, are no Predaking.

The upside is that I have zero interest in the whole line. I have most of the molds already. The rest are boring. So I can save a lot of money and skip the long and frustrating process of tracking down the figures in a hobby that Hasbro seems to be doing its damndest to run into the ground. Thanks, Hasbro!
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:05 AM   #39
Hellboy
Alternator
Talking Re: TF prime beast hunters toys discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valfar View Post
All gahhbage..if it were not for the lingering line of select Generations/WFC figures i continue to pick up mixed with select G1 reissues and the MP line..i would have dumped Transformer collecting awhile ago..Star Wars collectors get better treatment from Hasbro then Transformer collectors for quite some time now.
That's too funny! As a Star Wars collector for over 30 years I've recently given up on Hasbro's Star Wars line. I don't think TRU has had a new wave of SW figures since January... and they are always 3-4 Waves behind the US with the usual dropping of the last wave or two in Canada.

I'm enjoying the TF collecting much more.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #40
Valfar
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
That's too funny! As a Star Wars collector for over 30 years I've recently given up on Hasbro's Star Wars line. I don't think TRU has had a new wave of SW figures since January... and they are always 3-4 Waves behind the US with the usual dropping of the last wave or two in Canada.

I'm enjoying the TF collecting much more.

Yea, the vintage line is now put on hold and really it doesn't matter to me as i was cherry picking that line when i got lucky to even see the characters i wanted on the pegs(poor distribution).

Hasbro i think go the extra mile with Star Wars(cash cow of course) with giving us a vintage line with fairly great sculpts,good paint apps and articulation for that price point yet, i feel TF fans get the shaft with not having really any retail collector line that could bring vintage style boxes back with only G1 characters and maybe include some characters that never got made..not saying they would have to be direct G1 reissues in new boxes, just emulate what we got back then with a twist(added articulation and updated sculpts).

Energon,Beast Wars etc..all crap to me..Generations is a great line but, doesn't hold a candle to the Vintage Star Wars line..hell Playmates/Spin Master get it with their TMNT Classics line..TF's need that treatment but, mass produced at that same level..the Masterpiece TF line is great but, i haven't got another life time to wait here.
Valfar is offline   Reply With Quote