Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-08-2012, 02:36 AM   #51
Snoudzy
Generation 1
Re: Intervention Collection...

I have watched all the episodes so far. I can see parts of my collecting habit in what I have seen. I also see I am not as out of control as some. My wife tolerates my collecting. The trade off being she likes to quilt so I tolerate and encourage that hobby. The bottom line for either of us is that we look after family and obligations first like the house and bills then indulge our respective hobbies.
Snoudzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #52
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dawg View Post
I second this. I read he buys 3 of everything- One sealed, one bot mode and one alt mode.
So how many Sixshots does he have?
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #53
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Saw episode 3 last night. TF guy and comic guy.

TF guy broke-down and sold Botcon 94 Breakdown for $1300. Then had blow-out prices for the following days of the Con he was a dealer-at... because basically he cannot run a business.

Comic guy's wife wanted room for a dining room table and he had 200 long boxes. They eventually brought-in James Robinson to talk to him @ F&S. He ended-up trading 3000 back-issues to Golden Apple for the Hulk/Wolvie #181 issue.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #54
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

After watching last night episode, I REALIZED THAT I REALLY DON'T HAVE A PLASTIC ADDICTION... What about you guys???

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #55
vohkuhl
Cybertron

I told my wife about the show and we managed to catch the last 15 minutes of it? But she looks at me like I have an issue, however, she still goes and buys me Transformers for my birthday...

Anyways she was surprised how much Breakdown was worth and I explained why (never been to a Botcon never will now).

I hope some of the older shows air again so I can watch it with her and it helps her better understand certain aspects as to why I collect. Oh yeah keep an eye out for my sales thread got a huge unloading coming up...
Old 09-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #56
The Great Scrotum
Skank-Master

I've got only one thing to say about her so-called expertise

Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #57
juxtapose519
Robot Master

I watched episode 3 and was pretty let down. I was hoping they would actually have a knowledgeable host on the show who knew what they were doing and would appraise and auction off some of their collections.

Instead, it was some chick who knew nothing about what she was looking at, and just focused on a couple of items from each collection so she could psychologize (sic) their brains and freak them out for television ratings. It was just like Hoarders minus 90% of the problem fixing.

I WANTED TO SEE TOYS, DAMN IT!

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #58
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

I think it's a pretty good show, and Elyse is decent.

I finally saw the Transformers one and it makes Elyse look pretty bad -- "Oh, it's the Autobot." "The Breakdown robot". These things are said as if they're knowledgeable or profound, and just about the only thing that would have been worse is if she called them Go-bots.

She can't be an expert on everything. What I like best is that she is very pro-collector and she gets help from people who know the items. Even if she isn't a TF expert, I thought her advice on Breakdown was right on.

I do think the show can't be praised enough for fostering the mindset that collections are good and ought to be displayed. Collectors aren't portrayed as man-children or mental, even if some of them clearly have some...issues. I can't count the number of times I've seen something on a TV show where they told the person it's time to man up and get rid of the toys. I'm glad this show does not do that.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #59
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

I've really been enjoying this show, I do agree though that the Transformers episode made Elyse look amateurish in the field of Transformers at certain points though.

Saw the Battlestar Galactica / Japanese Robots episode last night, pretty neat how Elyse got Richard Hatch (Captain Apollo on Battlestar Galactica, not the winner of the first Survivor ) involved to help the fan.

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #60
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

I've got mixed feelings about the show...as with any reality TV they sensationalize too much and explore too little, they manipulate and alter narrative to make good television and I'm not convinced this whole thing is doing us any favors.

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote