Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 11-09-2020, 07:25 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
ER bluestreak Review

So, Earthrise Bluestreak showed up from outta nowhere in Canada at EB Games. So he the update I've always been waiting for? let's compare him to classics (and give a few Siege comments along the way) and find out!

https://youtu.be/p5vcZER8hXA
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:32 PM   #2
cr3d1t
Beast Machine
Re: ER bluestreak Review

I'm seeing the same things as in your review. Left shoulder doesn't peg solidly so pops out when moving the arm up. Legs are a pain to tuck in and there's something up with the legs where the transparent shins are slightly too big. The car top doesn't want to fit and align correctly with the top of the shins. Pressing down just makes it pop up again. Another issue with the shins is they push out the feet, so the heels don't want to get into the notched space made for them when tucking them in.

The rear fenders don't align correctly when folded up. That one bothers me the most because it's not a molding issue, it's a design flaw. It should be flush.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	47799   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0017.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	47800  
Old 11-10-2020, 07:18 PM   #3
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr3d1t View Post
I'm seeing the same things as in your review. Left shoulder doesn't peg solidly so pops out when moving the arm up. Legs are a pain to tuck in and there's something up with the legs where the transparent shins are slightly too big. The car top doesn't want to fit and align correctly with the top of the shins. Pressing down just makes it pop up again. Another issue with the shins is they push out the feet, so the heels don't want to get into the notched space made for them when tucking them in.

The rear fenders don't align correctly when folded up. That one bothers me the most because it's not a molding issue, it's a design flaw. It should be flush.
Nice to know it isn't just mine then.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:14 PM   #4
dragonx002
Generation 1

Nice review. I like both the Earthsiege version with its classic G1 interpretation of the figure and Classic version with its IDW style take on the character. What I like about the old CHUG version is the effort put to conceal all of the weapons in alt mode.

As for the Earthsiege version, my copy has the loose knee syndrome. I can pose him on one leg though, but he is not as sturdy as other deluxe like Siege Sideswipe or the Siege version of the character.
dragonx002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:55 PM   #5
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonx002 View Post
Nice review. I like both the Earthsiege version with its classic G1 interpretation of the figure and Classic version with its IDW style take on the character. What I like about the old CHUG version is the effort put to conceal all of the weapons in alt mode.

As for the Earthsiege version, my copy has the loose knee syndrome. I can pose him on one leg though, but he is not as sturdy as other deluxe like Siege Sideswipe or the Siege version of the character.
First, thank you. Secondly, I agree with e erything you said there, a nice summary.